SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

ok, saying these games are BIG is a understatement. wins in CC will help so much in the PWR...lets hope this boat can be turned around.ALL ABOARD.....GO SIOUX!!

UND press release

http://fightingsioux.com/sports/mhockey/re...RELEASE_ID=4529

from release

Series with Colorado College: UND leads 124-70-9. UND is 2-6-2 in its last 10 games overall against CC. The Sioux have lost their last six games and seven of their last eight games against the Tigers in Colorado Springs. North Dakota

This will be a great series. The Tigers, as always, are loaded. They remember the sting of 2004 when they were hosting the West Regional and were left outside looking in. Denver. Sioux. Holy Cross. Miami. We all remember what happened from there.

I am sure that the Tigers would love to lay a world of hurt on the Sioux's hosting plans. A tougher series the boys have not yet faced this season. Facing a seasoned team. Facing a seasoned team smarting from four straight losses themselves. Facing a disciplined and well-coached team. Laboring under the thin air. The consequent need to rotate four strong shifts, and three solid defensive pairings. The importance of everyone stepping their game and effort up three or four notches.

It was about this time last year when the Sioux went to Colorado Springs and dropped two straight, despite dominating play, especially on Saturday night. We saw a team grow up that weekend. We will do the same this weekend.

Anyone who is doubting the abilities of Hakstol, Eades, and Berry should really know better, or they should admit that they really know little at all. These guys are all top shelf coaches and motivators. I cannot imagine a better combination of coaches behind the bench, past staffs included.

College hockey seasons really start in earnest come February 1.

Drop the puck. Don't sleep on buying those West Regional tickets. They are going fast, and it will be a weekend to remember. For those of us who believe . . . .

This will be a great series. The Tigers, as always, are loaded. They remember the sting of 2004 when they were hosting the West Regional and were left outside looking in. Denver. Sioux. Holy Cross. Miami. We all remember what happened from there.

I am sure that the Tigers would love to lay a world of hurt on the Sioux's hosting plans. A tougher series the boys have not yet faced this season. Facing a seasoned team. Facing a seasoned team smarting from four straight losses themselves. Facing a disciplined and well-coached team. Laboring under the thin air. The consequent need to rotate four strong shifts, and three solid defensive pairings. The importance of everyone stepping their game and effort up three or four notches.

It was about this time last year when the Sioux went to Colorado Springs and dropped two straight, despite dominating play, especially on Saturday night. We saw a team grow up that weekend. We will do the same this weekend.

Anyone who is doubting the abilities of Hakstol, Eades, and Berry should really know better, or they should admit that they really know little at all. These guys are all top shelf coaches and motivators. I cannot imagine a better combination of coaches behind the bench, past staffs included.

Drop the puck. Don't sleep on buying those West Regional tickets. They are going fast, and it will be a weekend to remember. For those of us who believe . . . .

Why is it that whenever I read one of NorthDakotaHockey's posts, I feel like standing up in front of everyone in my office (picture Mike Eruzione make-believe scene in 'Miracle' after the Norway exhibition game) and yelling out "MY NAME IS MAFIAMAN...AND I PLAY FOR...THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA!"?

Go Sioux!

Realistically, anything more than a split seems like a fantasy at this point. But there's no "realism" requirement for posting here, so I can entertain the possiblitity of better than that. Here's why it's possible.

First, the Sioux are not playing poorly now, and in fact are playing pretty well. Since they stunk up the joint against MN on Friday, they:

1. Beat the Gophers, handing them their only loss in the last two months.

2. Outclassed MSUM.

3. Played OK Friday and well Saturday against SCSU. I'm not delusional enough to think they accomplished anything by playing "well," but I heard numerous reports that they showed up and played well enough to win.

Second, UND has demostrated the ability to play a good road game -- check closely, goaltend well, convert your opportunities. It's what they did to MN on Saturday, and what SCSU did last weekend. While noting last weekend's finishing issues, I also think UND has a better chance than most to finish its chances, as there are a full handful of guys who are deadly with the puck. And there will be chances this weekend, as CC is not the tight-checking team SCSU is.

Third, CC owes UND some bounces from last year. And the Sioux have a few bounces coming from last weekend as well.

------------------------

You could easily present a compelling argument for a CC sweep (it would start with "swept at home by SCSU"), but I'm not in the mood.

Wish I could be there again with you this year old friend, as those were great Sioux efforts despite being losses. I think CC is in even more trouble than the Sioux and they are a team we could finish off if the team turns in the same type of effort we witnessed. The D they fielded last year is no more and they are really down to just one very potent line that they have to depend on for all their scoring. If Sterling's thumb was really broken, a Sioux sweep is not out of the question. :p

It is do or die this weekend. We need points in the worst way. The thought of an opposing team and especially the Goofers dressing in the Sioux locker room as the #1 seed is enough to make me puke. That should be motivation enough to get the JOB done this weekend.

It is do or die this weekend. We need points in the worst way. The thought of an opposing team and especially the Goofers dressing in the Sioux locker room as the #1 seed is enough to make me puke. That should be motivation enough to get the JOB done this weekend.

The only motivation the Sioux need is that if they lose, their chances grow slimmer and slimmer for making the tournament. Stop looking at the standings, points, who wins, who UND needs to lose, etc. Go 8-0 the rest of the way and everything will fall into place.

I am pretty sure that the Gophers will never see the inside of the Sioux locker room.

Michigan got bumped at Yost (I think by SCSU) a few years back, but of course the Ralph no doubt has plenty of quality locker rooms and wouldn't need to bump the hosts.

Realistically, anything more than a split seems like a fantasy at this point. But there's no "realism" requirement for posting here, so I can entertain the possiblitity of better than that. Here's why it's possible.

First, the Sioux are not playing poorly now, and in fact are playing pretty well. Since they stunk up the joint against MN on Friday, they:

1. Beat the Gophers, handing them their only loss in the last two months.

2. Outclassed MSUM.

3. Played OK Friday and well Saturday against SCSU. I'm not delusional enough to think they accomplished anything by playing "well," but I heard numerous reports that they showed up and played well enough to win.

Second, UND has demostrated the ability to play a good road game -- check closely, goaltend well, convert your opportunities. It's what they did to MN on Saturday, and what SCSU did last weekend. While noting last weekend's finishing issues, I also think UND has a better chance than most to finish its chances, as there are a full handful of guys who are deadly with the puck. And there will be chances this weekend, as CC is not the tight-checking team SCSU is.

Third, CC owes UND some bounces from last year. And the Sioux have a few bounces coming from last weekend as well.

------------------------

You could easily present a compelling argument for a CC sweep (it would start with "swept at home by SCSU"), but I'm not in the mood.

I have given up hope for the season and have no expectations for this weekend. I expect UND to be home for the Final Five and the Regional. Anything other than that is bonus. I have already accepted the fact that this team can not win a close or important game. Last weekend is a perfect example. If they get a home series I can see them getting swept by a lesser team in their own building. Some will say this sound crass but they have proved nothing that says they will do any better.

I have given up hope for the season and have no expectations for this weekend. I expect UND to be home for the Final Five and the Regional. Anything other than that is bonus. I have already accepted the fact that this team can not win a close or important game. Last weekend is a perfect example. If they get a home series I can see them getting swept by a lesser team in their own building. Some will say this sound crass but they have proved nothing that says they will do any better.

This weekend will tell a lot. I am going to see what happens this weekend before I consider raising the white flag on the season. If they cannot win a game this weekend, I don't see any way to make it other than to win the final five. (Which would be highly unlikey). I am keeping the faith, I have my tickets for the regional and planned to come from Mpls. I never really thought there was a chance they would not make it until last weekend. That was a potential killer. No excuse to get swept at home by JBSU....I don't want to hear puck luck....hot goaltender etc.....The good teams find a way to get the job done.

Goon, you heretic!! This said, you can jump in my foxhole for cover anytime.

That way, I could give you some good earnest Sioux preachin' until the shellin' stops

and you are again made a believer.

I am not saying I am not going to any more games I just have given up hope of things turing around this season. I am still going to the Regional and the Final Five. That way I won't have any more anziety attacks if UND doesn't live up to my original expectations of making the Regional. I would just like to see them be there and have a chance.

I am not saying I am not going to any more games I just have given up hope of things turing around this season. I am still going to the Regional and the Final Five. That way I won't have any more anziety attacks if UND doesn't live up to my original expectations of making the Regional. I would just like to see them be there and have a chance.

after we sweep this weekend in CC we will be right back into the post season picture...one of the teams losing streak has to continue at least after friday night so it might as well be CC :p

Hockey talk? You know things are down here when no one's talking about the game on game day.

After letting this series sink in all week long, I think UND will play well in both games and split. (I realize a split isn't enough to really help the national picture.) A lot of guys are due to score a goal, and I think we'll see a few scored this weekend. I'm thinking 4-3 type games more than 1-0. CC likes to move and attack, and that at least opens up opportunities.

There has hardly been any traffic on the CC board this week as well. A summary of their thoughts is as follows:

1. Maybe it's time for Owens to move on.

2. The defense is small.

3. Confidence is very low.

4. They really miss Stuart and Petiot on defense.

Of course we have most of that on this board too, if you just change a few of the names. Seeing people question Owens is really hilarious, as he has done a fantastic job keeping the program near the top, nationally and in the league.

My correspondent who is on the ground, and actually embedded in Colorado Springs, just filed a report. He was driving by the CC campus and just happened to see Owens and Hakstol strolling together, chewing the fat, getting into a car. Sadly, my correspondent could not verify who was getting into the driver's seat.

I think that Hakstol is going to be in the driver's seat, driving this team to at least three, if not four, points this weekend.

Drop the puck!!

Hockey talk? You know things are down here when no one's talking about the game on game day.

After letting this series sink in all week long, I think UND will play well in both games and split. (I realize a split isn't enough to really help the national picture.) A lot of guys are due to score a goal, and I think we'll see a few scored this weekend. I'm thinking 4-3 type games more than 1-0. CC likes to move and attack, and that at least opens up opportunities.

There has hardly been any traffic on the CC board this week as well. A summary of their thoughts is as follows:

1. Maybe it's time for Owens to move on.

2. The defense is small.

3. Confidence is very low.

4. They really miss Stuart and Petiot on defense.

Of course we have most of that on this board too, if you just change a few of the names. Seeing people question Owens is really hilarious, as he has done a fantastic job keeping the program near the top, nationally and in the league.

I think that bodes well for UND not doing well because C.C. is going to be pi$$ed off from losing the past what 4 games in a row. 2 to the Gophers and 2 to the Badgers.

On my Blog I give my analysis to the end of the season at http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/

It would be nice to read in the Sunday Colorado Springs Gazette that "Sioux Sweep Tigers with Stellar Goaltending". It is their turn this weekend with a healthy Parise between the pipes. The D needs to take care of the rebounds and our upperclassmen need to bury a few in support of the amazing Oshie. Go Sioux.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I am sure the team realizes what is at stake here. We need to stay out of the box and put some pressure on CC in the attacking zone. We rally need at least 3 pts out of this weekend to improve the tournament picture. If this team is going to make any kind of a run it will start this weekend. I

It would be nice to read in the Sunday Colorado Springs Gazette that "Sioux Sweep Tigers with Stellar Goaltending". It is their turn this weekend with a healthy Parise between the pipes. The D needs to take care of the rebounds and our upperclassmen need to bury a few in support of the amazing Oshie. Go Sioux.

I think it would be a huge read. They just need to skate and stop over handling the puck.

Hakstol has to release the hounds,pressure the puck in every zone. Forget cycling the puck with all three fowards put one guy in the slot and forecheck like someone just stole somethin! ;)

And on the PP, SHOOT the puck!!!! Don't wait for the perfect play to be set up!

Hakstol has to release the hounds,pressure the puck in every zone. Forget cycling the puck with all three fowards put one guy in the slot and forecheck like someone just stole somethin! ;)

I think the players have to release themselves. I don't blame the coach in all of this. They have to want it.

They have to prevail. All of the speeches and all of the motivation from the coaches will mean nothing if they don't want to believe in themselves.