SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Shot

dagies

Let me set up the scene.

Jones gathers the puck in the left corner behind the Sioux goal. He throws it up the left wall where Spirko tips it out to Zajac who is building speed from the face off dot. Zajac and Oshie explode out of the zone. Peltier is skating backwards and has plenty of room to stay in front of Zajac. Irmen is racing to stick with Oshie, and doing a pretty good job of it. Oshie is breaking down on Frazee's left, and Zajac on the right.

Peltier kind of stays in the middle, not taking Zajac straight on. Maybe he thought Oshie would beat Irmen, and he appears to be protecting the pass, rather than taking the puck carrier.

They cross the offensive zone blue line and Zajac lets go a ripper from just outside the dots. At this point Oshie and Irmen are both converging on the goal, Irmen between Oshie and Zajac. Irmen turns his back toward Oshie as Zajac shoots, and Oshie converges with Irmen. It was legal, as it was just body bumping and both players were positioning for a rebound. However, Oshie's momentum knocked Irmen forward and as you remember he went sprawling into Frazee and straight into the net. The snapshot pretty much tells the story from here.

SIOUXWIN.jpg

Special thanks to my friend jv for snapping this image out of his DVD recording of the game and to Sprig for making it possible to post it here. As for me, this is my desktop at work. :lol:

'Tis a hilarious photo. An even better set-up Dagies. Just as I remembered it.

I don't like Irmen, other than for the fact that he is just another of a growing number

of Lucia's out-state recruits that have finally put that program - long mired in misery

trying to win with all Minnesota boys - back on a winning track.

And those alternate home deep yellow jerseys? What'a they thinking?

this is quite possibly the dumbest thread i have ever seen

Actually, the dumbest thing I have ever seen was at the WJC when your one move wonder thought he could use his one move on the Canadian D-men. Wound up on his butt each and every time which also made it quite hilarious and my favorite moment from the tournament.

The photo was also great and PCM's modification was priceless.

Don't be mean to him, Danny rules. He told me he liked my cape and his sister had one just like it.

His sister wears a Fighting Sioux cape! Cool! ;)

Now we know who's responsible for Irmen's jersey-popping display. :bigsmile::love: