SiouxSports.com Forum

Prpich

WiSioux

Prpich is the Sioux's hard-knuckled warrior of the ice

My favorite part:

Some critics of Prpich's hardnosed play have called the Kenaston, Sask. native a "goon." Prpich addresses those critics with a sense of humor.

"I laugh at it, because if that's the way they see it, there is nothing I can do," Prpich said. "I try to get in people's heads any way I can, and depending on the guy, it's going to take different measures."

Perhaps the most memorable of those measures was Prpich's notorious goal celebration last season against Minnesota. After putting the puck in the net, Prpich took Gopher goalie Kellen Briggs' water bottle and helped himself to a drink.

"I had a buddy in juniors who did it once, and he almost got beat up for it," Prpich chuckled. "I saw how much it rattled the other team, so I thought, why not try it and see how it goes."

Perp is a key player to the success of this team. His energy and effort are contagious to the team. Been a few instances where this has been absent and the results haven't been pretty. It's great to watch when he can stay out of the box and avoid the stupid penalty. Nice article...it's great to hear Jordan & Perp banter during radio time on KNOX.

Prpich can be frustrating at times with ill-timed penalties, but I'll still take him on my team. He brings a flair and an attitude you don't see very often. A guy, like Panzer, who always seems to be smiling, and appears to look forward to a challenge.

He's a loose cannon at times...but he's our loose cannon....I noticed a real nice two handed whack he took at one of the Gofers during last weekend's games; right after he came out of the box too...Didn't get called so I guess it's ok... :huh:

Prpich can be frustrating at times with ill-timed penalties, but I'll still take him on my team. He brings a flair and an attitude you don't see very often. A guy, like Panzer, who always seems to be smiling, and appears to look forward to a challenge.

Ditto.

I like a good knucklehead :huh:

& I do always seem to watch him when he is on the ice

I don't mind his antics (as long as he is smart & Does Not Get Caught) & they ultimately help the team, not hurt it.

Keep Smiling Mike ;) .......... :)