SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs UAA

CAFFEINE

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone would have told me that the Sioux would score 8 goals on the weekend against UAA and only get a split, I wouldn't have believed it. But maybe some of the puck luck we didn't get Friday will show up in Minnesota. We owe them. Big time.

Nice to get a little confidence going, and the Sioux are going to need it, because they have an extremely difficult task ahead of them next weekend. MN is playing very well right now, and the Sioux are going to need a tremendous effort to come home with any points. For the record, I think they will play very well and it will be a terrific show.

Gotta disagree w/ TH. Fabian should be #2 star IMHO. In fact, when my daughter is old enough to date, she will only be allowed to date Erik Fabian. All others will be dealt with in a lethal manner.

Your daughter. :D

Nice try, but that cover isn't working... Admit it, you think Fabian is dreamy! :D???

Here's a snyopsis of Dave Hakstol's post-game comments:

It was a very good performance. Well deserved. We played very well in all areas throughout the lineup.

We played physical all over the ice. There weren't a lot of bone-crushing hits, but there were a lot of finished checks. We have to do it as a unit. Everybody needs to chip in on the physical side.

We had guys chip in on scoring that we needed. Got production from all four lines. Fabian's goal was huge. It was the nail in the coffin.

We challenged Lamoureux a little today and he responded. In my mind, he's the first star of the game. He made key saves when it was 0-0 and 1-0.

Toews' feed to Oshie was a great play. Porter made a great play to create the 2-on-1 with Toews and Oshie.

I'm very proud of Phil's performance and the mental toughness he showed.

I hope the Gophers' arms are going to be tired after putting so many shots on goal against Niagara.

Our destiny lies in our own hands. It depends on how many games we're going to win against the top teams in the WCHA.

Edited by PCM

Here's a snyopsis of Dave Hakstol's post-game comments:

It was a very good performance. Well deserved. We played very well in all areas throughout the lineup.

We played physical all over the ice. There weren't a lot of bone-crushing hits, but there were a lot of finished checks. We have to do it as a unit. Everybody needs to chip on on the physical side.

We had guys chip in on scoring that we needed. Got production from all four lines. Fabian's goal was huge. It was the nail in the coffin.

We challenged Lamoureux a little today and he responded. In my mind, he's the first star of the game. He made key saves when it was 0-0 and 1-0.

Toews' feed to Oshie was a great play. Porter made a great play to create the 2-on-1 with Toews and Oshie.

I'm very proud of Phil's performance and the mental toughness he showed.

I hope the Gophers' arms are going to be tired after putting show many shots on goal against Niagara.

Our destiny lies in our own hands. It depends on how many games we're going to win against the top teams in the WCHA.

Thanks PCM, much appreciated. Is it just me or does Hak just reek w/ class?

Wow, do I feel better this morning. The three things fromt he win I like best:

1. Fabian's contribution to the scoring

2. Playing Oshie and Toews together

3. Lammy's Shutout

However, still no answer to the question why Radke sat Friday night. If we needed four pts he should have been in there. :D

Wow, do I feel better this morning. The three things fromt he win I like best:

1. Fabian's contribution to the scoring

2. Playing Oshie and Toews together

3. Lammy's Shutout

However, still no answer to the question why Radke sat Friday night. If we needed four pts he should have been in there. :D

Agreed on all counts.

I really like what Radke brings to the team. He's absolutely WORLDS better than he was last year.

In any case, it's now off to Minnesota.

I watched Friday's game vs. Niagara and let me tell you a few things that I noticed:

1. Minnesota dominated that game (both games) but it wasn't because of bad goaltending on Niagara's part. It was inconsistent defensive play by Niagara and the inability to finish that kept Niagara from turning Lucia's hair white. VanNyatten, who Woog derisively called "Duchy," played EXTREMELY well.

2. Minnesota defensively was NOT sound. Niagara, especially in the third period, was simply buzzing around the net peppering Briggs with shots. Again, Niagara could have tied up the game had they found a way to finish. The opportunities were definitely there.

3. Minnesota's PP should have mopped up, but instead NIagara killed off 1:57 of a 5 on 3 PK basically. Minnesota should have been able to score. I'm not sure if they even got a shot off until it was only a 1 man advantage. Ok, maybe they did get a shot off, but nothing went in.

We can beat Minnesota if we play like we did last night vs. UAA. We HAVE to score first and we HAVE to control the game. Period.