US / Finland Game Thread

sagard

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to love Genericans.... I mean Canadians!!! :silly:

I'm sure there will be 11,000 Swiss fans on Friday night.

More than that as every game in Vancouver is a sell out even when the Canadians aren't playing. I can't wait to see the live footage of the game and in the intermission I hope they can show the brawl from the Russia Slovakia game.

I was able to listen to most of the second periiod of the US/Finland game, and I don't think I heard Chorney's name once. Does anyone have a sense of his icetime? I saw a report somewhere that the "top 4" defensemen for the US played quite a lot, and that Mitera and Niskanen didn't see much time. I'm just not sure where Chorney fits into that report.

You would think Rich and Sauer were Sioux homers with as much love as they gave Oshie. Sounds like he is having a terrific tournament so far.

It sounds like Toews is continuing to play well, but it would be nice for him if he could find the back of the net.

I was able to listen to most of the second periiod of the US/Finland game, and I don't think I heard Chorney's name once.

I listened from the beginning of the second period through most of the third period and heard Chorney's name several times. I don't know how much he's playing, but he is playing.

My god people, Oshie is not the only player on the ice. With the way you people talk about him you'd think it was him with seven assists in the last two games and not Kessel. :silly: Get off your knees!! The kid's a great player but I don't need to read a post that says "Oshie is checked but hangs on to the puck." That's not worthy of a post. I heard that Oshie actually tied his own skates before the game, I'm surprised no Sioux fan posted that.

My god people, Oshie is not the only player on the ice. With the way you people talk about him you'd think it was him with seven assists in the last two games and not Kessel. :silly: Get off your knees!! The kid's a great player but I don't need to read a post that says "Oshie is checked but hangs on to the puck." That's not worthy of a post. I heard that Oshie actually tied his own skates before the game, I'm surprised no Sioux fan posted that.

It's better than reading the continual references to Kessel.

troll.gif

so read it and move on...

You come onto this board completely of your own free will, yet it seems that it causes you so much anguish. Why not just find something better to do instead of torturing yourself. I think I'll go home and shove bamboo chutes under my fingernails, self-torture is so much fun.

Hey muffinhead, it's a real-time game thread discussion. Folks are just picking out highlights to post-- I think it makes for interesting reading. You don't. Perhaps the following newsgroup would be more to your liking:

alt.sports.college-hockey.umgophers.fetish.kessel.dorm-room-decor.life-sized-poster.self-gratification.habitual