SiouxSports.com Forum

Are There Plans for a Center Hung Scoreboard?

Cratter

SURE! We can get it on the Paradiso Plan..."don't forget your wallet! ";)

PS - Don't forget SDSU is a big time DI program now... :D

AND....it doesn't hurt that the scoreboard was built in Brookings!! They also have a nice new scoreboard on their football field too. I was impressed this season.

I believe that SDSU's athletic funraising foundation paid for the score board. I've never been in the Betty, is there room for a center scoreboard of that size. 70 miles south, if they tried to hang that in the BSA centers would hve to duck at half-court.;) FYI, NDSU is putting in two new video scoreboards on each end of the BSA starting for the 2006-2007 season.

I also remember that Daktronics has some interesting financing options for their scoreboards. You can pledge all advertising revenue for x yrs. and get the things for a discount if not free.

• 2 weeks later...
If we are serious about this, I have $25! We are talking about a scoreboard for the soccer field, right?

Sorry 'UND Fan' scoreboard for the betty.

I personally think this avenue (Siouxsports.com) would be a perfect place to get the funds raised. It would allow other sioux fans to know the priority of the fans and the adminstrative needs without going to a general fund. People want to know exactly where there money will be going and if not raised they want it back. I think that a center hung scoreboard at the Betty that is similar to Frost Arena should be of high priority.

I hate it that SDSU waited til they were "division i" to get the scoreboard. How many good recruits could they have gotten with that scoreboard in d2 ( and won plenty of games)? I think the Sioux should make upgrades now while D2 and build from there. aka....scoreboard, lacrosse, Alerus upgrades (memoral pictures), soccer field upgrades, bubble over memorial stadium, indoor track and field practice arena & weight room, etc, then move to D1 as all of that capital and needs are already addressed.

Sorry 'UND Fan' scoreboard for the betty.

I personally think this avenue (Siouxsports.com) would be a perfect place to get the funds raised. It would allow other sioux fans to know the priority of the fans and the adminstrative needs without going to a general fund. People want to know exactly where there money will be going and if not raised they want it back. I think that a center hung scoreboard at the Betty that is similar to Frost Arena should be of high priority.

I hate it that SDSU waited til they were "division i" to get the scoreboard. How many good recruits could they have gotten with that scoreboard in d2 ( and won plenty of games)? I think the Sioux should make upgrades now while D2 and build from there. aka....scoreboard, lacrosse, Alerus upgrades (memoral pictures), soccer field upgrades, bubble over memorial stadium, indoor track and field practice arena & weight room, etc, then move to D1 as all of that capital and needs are already addressed.

OK - I have been in the Betty but will not see my first game there until January - live in Florida. While I do agree a center-hung scoreboard is preferred, I am afraid there are much higher priorities right now for the Athletic Department. You mentioned many of them but they first need to balance the budget - not an easy task!

I think it would be great if a site like this could assist UND with some of its financial needs but I don't think we could raise the thousands of dollars needed for that type of scoreboard. That's why I thought you were talking about the soccer field - that might be doable!