SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD Bulldogs

SiouxMD

Greetings,

Earlier this year we played the "Vikings" back to back and now the "Bulldogs"...unimportant but has to be a first of some kind.

There has been alot of concern expressed by Sioux fans (mostly on other forums) that the Bulldogs may be an upset in the making. Sure, any team can lose on any given saturday...that's why they play the games. Realistically, the Sioux have taken all opponents to the shed this year. If the Sioux play their game with minimal mistakes it should be a comfortable win...

I have yet to predict the exact score for any game this year...but here goes:

UND 37

UMD 10

"Who do you play this year coach?"

"Well, first the

Wildcats, then the

Golden Rams,

Warriors,

Vikings,

Vikings,

Huskies,

Bulldogs,

Bulldogs,

Mavericks,

Mavericks, and finally the

Coyotes."

"You feeling OK coach? You kind of echoed or doubled up there." :angry::love:

Duluth is a young and excited team.

Their only loss is to Northern Iowa.

They run an unconventional offense.

Their coach knows our defense.

It'd be foolish to expect anything less than a full challenge from a team that hung 38 on Nebraska-Omaha last week.

Duluth is a young and excited team.

Their only loss is to Northern Iowa.

They run an unconventional offense.

Their coach knows our defense.

It'd be foolish to expect anything less than a full challenge from a team that hung 38 on Nebraska-Omaha last week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND is an experienced and determined team.

We have no losses.

We run an offense averaging 45.1 ppg.

Our coach knows their coach.

I think a close game would actually be good for the Sioux but I don't think the Bulldogs are up to it.

I think we will do okay...

UND is an experienced and determined team.

We have no losses.

We run an offense averaging 45.1 ppg.

Our coach knows their coach.

I think a close game would actually be good for the Sioux but I don't think the Bulldogs are up to it.

I think we will do okay...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you. It took UND years to build the program into being one of the top in dII. Even though Bubba is a great coach, I don't think he can realistically take an average team like they were last year and turn them into a national power in a year. They have some good players, but man for man UND has the advantage at nearly every position, and has much better depth.

To me, the keys are not giving up big kick returns, as that's a UMD strength and the kickoff team has probably been the weakest of all UND special teams, and not turning the ball over in our own territory. Make them have to drive 75-plus yards, because I don't think they'll be able to do that strictly through the air. I doubt they'll bother trying to run much at all, so similar to Ferris, getting in the quarterback's face will be key. I like the fact that the UND defensive line has done such a good job of applying pressure. Peterson, Brennan, Enger, etc. have been very difficult for opposing offensive lines to handle.

This game pits the top rushing defense in the league in UND against the worst rushing team in the league in UMD, which leads me to believe Bubba will try to pass 40-50 times, just like they did last week. The difference is, UND's pass rush is outstanding and UNO's is anemic, and the UND defensive backs are probably the best in the league and UNO's are the worst. You're going to have a 5'11", 180 pound freshman quarterback who will be fortunate to come out of this game in one piece considering how many times he's going to be hit.

This game pits the top rushing defense in the league in UND against the worst rushing team in the league in UMD, which leads me to believe Bubba will try to pass 40-50 times, just like they did last week.  The difference is, UND's pass rush is outstanding and UNO's is anemic, and the UND defensive backs are probably the best in the league and UNO's are the worst. You're going to have a 5'11", 180 pound freshman quarterback who will be fortunate to come out of this game in one piece considering how many times he's going to be hit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make that the top rushing defense in the nation...

From NCAASPORTS.ORG (thru 10-08-05)

G/OPP Rush/OPP Rush Yds/YPG

1 North Dakota 7 192 327 46.7

2 Edinboro 6 163 314 52.3

3 St. Augustine's 7 241 368 52.6

4 C.W. Post 6 169 399 66.5

5 Saginaw Valley 6 206 435 72.5

This game pits the top rushing defense in the league in UND against the worst rushing team in the league in UMD, which leads me to believe Bubba will try to pass 40-50 times, just like they did last week.  The difference is, UND's pass rush is outstanding and UNO's is anemic, and the UND defensive backs are probably the best in the league and UNO's are the worst. You're going to have a 5'11", 180 pound freshman quarterback who will be fortunate to come out of this game in one piece considering how many times he's going to be hit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Talked to Bubba This Morning told him the Over / Under on Pass Attempts is 61

He said...Take the over....it should be fun?

Just making sure you you realized your team had no chance.  Sometimes i feel sorry for little old duluth....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't feel sorry for Duluth. It's 50 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, not even the slightest breeze, and The Lake is a deep blue and calm this morning. The trees are deep shades of orange, red, and yellow, the creek is babbling outside my window and now I'm headed out the door to tailgate.

But thanks for your concern.