SiouxSports.com Forum

Ferris State

BisonSuck

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that I was worried for about a minute and a half when we were down and than had the turnover. And yet somehow I came to my senses and realized that Ferris wouldn't get any points on that turnover. :)

Damn are our special teams good. :lol:

We had a game where we didn't play our best and yet we still blew out the opponent. How scary will this team be if they could put it all together. No TO's, consistent drives, D having no lapses. This team has some tidying up to do, but damn are they good.

Gotta give props to my boy Troy! Big first down catch. Had to have been the arm bands. ;)

Big one next week in Duluth, and I'm stuck going to grad school. :lol:

Attendance was 8,838

First half was a fun half to watch, in that it wasn't a blowout from the beginning. I think alot of fans got nervous by Ferris scoring the opening drive, but remember the Sioux give up 9 point per game, it's normally just a matter of WHEN the opposition will score. The Sioux dominated Ferris' run game today, and was in the backfield all day. UND's run game was solid today, and Belmore was effecient as usual. I get more comfortable with him every week. Ferris' QB play was actually pretty good considering the defense he was facing. Ferris' punt unit did a great job of neutralizing Dressler, by making kicks that he couldn't return, and most of them were quality kicks as well. Dressler seemed to struggle some today, fumbling once, and flat-out dropping two passes.

Although Belmore is a good quarterback and has put up very good numbers, I'd really like to see him improve on his pocket presence. He has a tendency to stand in the pocket too long when it should be abundantly clear that things are caving in around him and he needs to either throw it away or take off and scramble. There was a play yesterday where he avoided a defender, and then stood there looking for a receiver when he should have realized that the guy he had just avoided was going to hit him again. He's a very effective runner, and I'd like to see take off a little more often, and do more roll outs where he can either throw or run. Maybe he's not very good throwing on the run, I don't know, but I just hate to see him stand in the pocket on obvious passing downs, because he's been sacked a few too many times this year, and several of those sacks have been at least as much his fault as the line's.

Although Belmore is a good quarterback and has put up very good numbers, I'd really like to see him improve on his pocket presence. He has a tendency to stand in the pocket too long when it should be abundantly clear that things are caving in around him and he needs to either throw it away or take off and scramble. There was a play yesterday where he avoided a defender, and then stood there looking for a receiver when he should have realized that the guy he had just avoided was going to hit him again. He's a very effective runner, and I'd like to see take off a little more often, and do more roll outs where he can either throw or run. Maybe he's not very good throwing on the run, I don't know, but I just hate to see him stand in the pocket on obvious passing downs, because he's been sacked a few too many times this year, and several of those sacks have been at least as much his fault as the line's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point, but to his credit I think he usually would have kept sprinting and makes that play. He should have "felt" that guy and kept rolling to his left. I thought he wasn't quite himself. Three or four of his passes were a bit off mark and the receivers had to make good catches. On the other hand his TD pass to Grossman was perfect.

I think overall he may be the most improved player on the team. (I haven't forgotten the backup guy, who buy the way, has a higher completion rate and higher QB efficiency rating). He seems to have confidence and I hope he continues to get better. We might have the two best QB's in the league.

On coaches show last night, Lennon said it is possible Groeschl could play at UMD, also said Buisker will be back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Sweeny said said Groeschl could play at UMD and Lennon corrected him, saying that he was still questionable.

Actually, Sweeny said said Groeschl could play at UMD and Lennon corrected him, saying that he was still questionable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it was in the Heraldo after the game where Lennon said that Buisker could've played this past weekend if needed.