SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruits? What Recruits?

CoteauRinkRat

Ed (Grand Forks): Do you feel like North Dakota was underrated in the preseason polls? It would seem that adding Lee, Chorney and the rest of that recruiting class to a Frozen Four team, they ought to be a lot higher.

Adam Wodon: Well, North Dakota lost a lot of players from last year's team, including Brady Murray and Matt Greene, who left early for the pros. They have a lot of talent, but so do the other 4 teams rated ahead of them in the WCHA. They had a magical run in the NCAAs last year, and they could certainly do it again, but other teams deserve to be higher at this point. Their recruiting class wasn't the same as Michigan's, Minnesota's or Denver's for example, despite Chorney and Lee.

http://www.collegesports.com/chat/092905aaa.html

Mr. Wodon doesn't give much love to the Sioux's recruiting class this year. Has he heard of Toews, Oshie, maybe Finley?

Lee, Finley and Oshie 1st Rounders , Chorney and Kozek Second rounders and Watkins in the 5th. Not to mention Jon Toews who should go in the top 10 of this years draft. Looks like a very week recruiting class to me.

Proof that some reports don't have a clue over at CSTV. This came from Adam Wodon who is their Hockey Analyst. :lol: What a joke.

I am astounded by how big of a dumba$$ this guy is. ;):lol: Denver? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly I don't consider him a very good journalist or very credible, he is a want a be.

He is a big CCHA backer. Whatever. Apparently he missed a few players and didn't see that we were rated number 2 on INCH. Besides, I think people are over looking Travis Zajac, I think he is one of the best in the NCAA.

Edited by Goon

I think he is somewhat bothered that North Dakota devours all his Eastern favorites in the big games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Typical east coast pompus snob. All that ever comes out of their mouth is B.C., UNH and BU awesome UND and the WCHA sucks. I am sure he wasn't all that happy about the WCHA Frozen Four Invitational.

CSTV's opening to the season was on the name change for UND. Wodon's comments were that it really doesn't affect UND, and that all the schools should get rid of these names. He said we were upset about the "hostile and abusive," but again didn't think that has that much affect on us.

He also doesn't THINK we'll ever host a regional again. Hello...Adam...that is part of the NCAA policy. Idiot.

You all need to lighten up on Wodon. So he failed to grasp the greatness of the UND recruits, but his overall assessment of UND corresponds to many opinion polls.

He is an EZAC guy so I'm sure that is where his passion is, but he does do fantastic articles about PWR as the season closes. I much prefer his comments too any of the NHL guys who obviously feel they are "stuck" doing the college games.

He also corresponds with the fans on message boards so how bad can he be? :lol:

You all need to lighten up on Wodon.  So he failed to grasp the greatness of the UND recruits, but his overall assessment of UND corresponds to many opinion polls. 

He is an EZAC guy so I'm sure that is where his passion is, but he does do fantastic articles about PWR as the season closes.  I much prefer his comments too any of the NHL guys who obviously feel they are "stuck" doing the college games.

He also corresponds with the fans on message boards so how bad can he be?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll give you the pairwise part...otherwise though, he's all east coast bias...

I am obviously not a great hockey mind, I'm relatively new to the sport but I enjoy listening to Woden. Maybe because he is really the only "national" college hockey analyst regularly on tv. I must say I was surprised when he did his bit about this year's top incoming freshman that I didn't hear him say anything about UND's 3 No. 1 picks, or Toews.

The only other analysts I ever get to hear are those that are on the Fox regional channels, or NESN and they are obviously going to be "homers". Therefore, I am greatful to be able to watch Woden. I'll be anxious to see how ESPNU's announcers are this season, I'm sure a few of the NHL guys that did the tourney games last season have moved on to OLN. Since their based in CT, I suppose they could be biased to the EZAC or Hockey lEast, but at least it means more college hockey on tv.

BTW, where/who was the other guy that was always on CSTV's Friday Night Hockey with Woden last year?

I am obviously not a great hockey mind, I'm relatively new to the sport but I enjoy listening to Woden.  Maybe because he is really the only "national" college hockey analyst regularly on tv.  I must say I was surprised when he did his bit about this year's top incoming freshman that I didn't hear him say anything about UND's 3 No. 1 picks, or Toews.

The only other analysts I ever get to hear are those that are on the Fox regional channels, or NESN and they are obviously going to be "homers".  Therefore, I am greatful to be able to watch Woden.  I'll be anxious to see how ESPNU's announcers are this season, I'm sure a few of the NHL guys that did the tourney games last season have moved on to OLN.  Since their based in CT, I suppose they could be biased to the EZAC or Hockey lEast, but at least it means more college hockey on tv.

BTW, where/who was the other guy that was always on CSTV's Friday Night Hockey with Woden last year?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe he was doing the color commentating for the game.

Just wait for playoff time and Wodon's position will be that UND's talent has surprised us again.  My question to Wodon has to be how many years does it take before it stops becoming a surprise.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look, UND's probably going to do well, it might take some time for the younger guys to gell but come playoff time when they over achieve based on what the so called expert pundants say, UND with their play can tell the Adam Wodons of the world to stuff it.