SiouxSports.com Forum

Kracker I'm Calling You Out!

Sioux-cia

GK-

:ets put things into perspective here:

Nearly 89% of Whites graduate high school in ND per year.

Nearly 56% of NA people graduate high school in ND per year.

Nearly 90 percent of whites go to college. Looking at the numbers, I can understand why!

You see, I don't know of ONE SINGLE PERSON who has EVER gone to college without a high school diploma or at least a GED. I think that is a requirement to get into college, no?

Maybe you should stop playing the race card and start looking at ways to better your own people. Then you can earn respect. With respect comes Honor. People listen to Honorable people who have earned it. People may be born into riches, but no one is born into Honor. Not you, Not Andy Two Horse, no one. Interesting how you think you deserve it just because you happen to be Sioux.

I'll say what has been said before, I am in favor of the Sioux name being changed. The Sioux people that exist today do not deserve respect or honor and that certainly means naming anything in honor of them. I am also in favor of ceasing plans for a new Native American center on campus. We can make the land available to them if they want to pay for it, but that's it. As for the programs, let them keep the programs.

Hail UND Fighting Cavalry, or better yet, open the nickname up for bids and see who bids for it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I bet your parents even helped you get through school.

What??? I assume that being you are pursuing an education and have children, you will in the future help your children succeed in their goals. Does that mean parents pay the entire way? I went to college and received little or no financial aid in the form of grants. My parents helped with a few dollars here and there and it was their support, not financial, that helped me through school. When I completed my degree, I had a nice hefty student loan repayment plan. Last time I checked, they are available to anyone! Where do I file my complaint...I obviously was born to the wrong white parents! This is such a lame arguement anyway. After reading the blog and some other comments, you shame yourself just fine without any help from the "white guys"!

I'll say what has been said before, I am in favor of the Sioux name being changed.  The Sioux people that exist today do not deserve respect or honor and that certainly means naming anything in honor of them.  I am also in favor of ceasing plans for a new Native American center on campus.  We can make the land available to them if they want to pay for it, but that's it.  As for the programs, let them keep the programs. 

Hail UND Fighting Cavalry, or better yet, open the nickname up for bids and see who bids for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, the new "Native American center" is almost done. There isn't much point in opposing it now.

Second, I can't be that vindictive over this issue, especially knowing that there are folks like Yttrium, Wilbert Robertson and other American Indians out there who truly do appreciate UND's use of the Sioux nickname and logo. I am convinced that they are more representative of the majority of the American Indians in the state and nation. Why go out of your way to punish and insult them to make them pay for the misguided actions of a few? That makes no sense.

Second, I can't be that vindictive over this issue, especially knowing that there are folks like Yttrium, Wilbert Robertson and other American Indians out there who truly do appreciate UND's use of the Sioux nickname and logo. I am convinced that they are more representative of the majority of the American Indians in the state and nation. Why go out of your way to punish and insult them to make them pay for the misguided actions of a few? That makes no sense.

agreed

Perhaps you are correct, PCM, but if the majority were represented, our appeal would have been granted.  The majority is being cowed by the minority, therefore, it really makes no difference what the majority feels unless they speak up, which only few are doing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you ever stop to think that what's important to you might not be as important to the majority of American Indians in North Dakota?

sioux C.I.A., 

I will answer what questions I feel are appropriate, but even if I answer them, you'll still find reasons to dismiss everything I say. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same old Kracker. Still distorting my previous posts, turning facts this way and that so they fit your agenda, out and out lies, not unexpected, disappointing but not unexpected. You're so good at this, you should run for tribal office. From the character you've shown in you're posts, you'll fit right in.

Vaya con dios Krack, you're gonna need him.

=new2sioux2,Oct 19 2005, 11:13 AM]

Kracker is married to a half white women/half not Indian woman who is in medical school, taking the spot that should rightly have gone to a REAL Indian who is more deserving. Hopefully, he will be able to use some of her future earnings to help his children through school. But it he decides that's too 'white' of an action and he would not be following his Indian ways by doing so, they're on their own; just like the majority of ALL college students are.

Edited by Sioux-cia

I'll say what has been said before, I am in favor of the Sioux name being changed.  The Sioux people that exist today do not deserve respect or honor and that certainly means naming anything in honor of them.  I am also in favor of ceasing plans for a new Native American center on campus.  We can make the land available to them if they want to pay for it, but that's it.  As for the programs, let them keep the programs. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Typical rebuttal from your kind. "If we don't get what we want, then we don't want anything to do with you".

You are a coward, but you know what? Keep you little hate posts coming, and I'll do my best to keep the rejections from the NCAA coming. Peace.

Kracker in a tribal nations meeting recently heald in Los Vegas Tribal Chiefs were asked about the use of tribal names and mascot. A very interesting answer to the question was given by an 82 year old tribal chief when he said "Would they use any name that they"the schools, students and alumni wouldn't be proud of.... theywon't call themselves the skunks."

Kracker in a tribal nations meeting recently heald in Los Vegas Tribal Chiefs were asked about the use of tribal names and mascot.  A very interesting answer to the question was given by an 82 year old tribal chief when he said "Would they use any name that they"the schools, students and alumni wouldn't be proud of.... theywon't call themselves the skunks."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wise man!

I suggest you lay off of my family unless you'd like me to look into deporting your family back to where they came from.  Hell I bet your not even in this state, you are probably in Southern CA or somewhere NOT in ND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, let's look at this from another side of the border, you're wife is from CA and she has a Hispanic maiden name, hmmm....... Will we be sharing a bus or will she get a ride on the "Indian Express"?

Kracker in a tribal nations meeting recently heald in Los Vegas Tribal Chiefs were asked about the use of tribal names and mascot.  A very interesting answer to the question was given by an 82 year old tribal chief when he said "Would they use any name that they"the schools, students and alumni wouldn't be proud of.... theywon't call themselves the skunks."

amen to that