SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon until 2010!

SiouxMD

What is Lennon's salary at UND?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FOX sports reported the contract is $100k/year base, with performance incentives. An interresting note would be to see whether those incentives have any provisions at the I-AA level. The length of the contract seems to hint at an impending move to DI (exploratory year this year or next, with his contract covering the entire transition years).

Congratulations to Coach Lennon and the University of North Dakota, I am a huge fan and supporter of all Sioux athletics. Lennon is a great person and even better coach. I have never seen the man in a situation that he can't handle. I think he is happy here at his alma mater improving on a tradition that will with no doubt get stronger as he continues his career here at UND.

GO SIOUX!!!

I can't wait to see how some people spin this.  :blush:

My spin is that (I'm hoping) Lennon was told that UND would be going I-AA within the next 5 years. I would think that otherwise, he would want to keep his options open, because after his six years here, I'd think that alot of I-AA head coaching positions and probably some I-A assistant positions would be knocking on his door.

FOX sports reported the contract is $100k/year base, with performance incentives. An interresting note would be to see whether those incentives have any provisions at the I-AA level. The length of the contract seems to hint at an impending move to DI (exploratory year this year or next, with his contract covering the entire transition years).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not bad for a lowly D2 coach!?! PLUS loyalty has it's own value! What does Mr Clean get on the "bigtime" di level?? (apparently not enough for TV makeup :blush::blush:??? )

That should keep him off the government cheese for awhile.

In response to SiouxMeNow, here is the awswer.  A good story about loyalty also.

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=ar...e_full&id=89098

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coaching salary bar raised with Kill's contract

By Jeff Kolpack, The Forum

Published Sunday, April 17, 2005

When Southern Illinois University gave its head football coach a hefty raise to $165,000 per year, it was the salary equivalent to the 8-foot high jump or the 20-foot pole vault.

The bar was raised. And that popping sound heard around the Division I-AA offices that day were the eyes of athletic directors, most of whom have no chance at reaching that pay level.

"I hope our coaches don't see that," NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said.

SIU, which hosts NDSU on Nov. 19, gave Jerry Kill a hike from $144,216 this year to $165,000 retroactive to Feb 1. He made $93,600 last year - a figure that is more the norm for Division I-AA.

An analysis of NDSU's 2005 opponents shows the 10 opponent head coaches average $94,322 per year. That most likely puts the $117,000 NDSU's Craig Bohl makes in the upper tier of Division I-AA.

For Bohl to make $117,000 and DII's Lennon to make $100,00 is pretty impressive. Is Lennon's contract better than most DI-AA coaches?!?! You have to wonder what UND-II(cheesy bison reference) offered Lennon as far as after his contract is concerned?!?! Is there any refernce to DI-AA is his contract?!?!