SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Exactly, why does there always have to be some kind of conspiracy or controversy ? It is what it is, Phil has earned the right to start in goal. I see no reason to debate this any further.

dont think anyone is debating if phil earned his spot all. thats not the point here. i brought up phil had to wait his turn to start like many goalies and someone replied with DID JPAR HAVE TO WAIT? which was a incorrect statement so thats where this has gone going back to why mario didnt sign here.

I wasn't jumpin' your $hit man. I just think it's funny that people start talking about Phil or his folk's being unhappy with the program as a reason his lttle bro didn't come here. It may or may not be true, but facts are facts, and the fact is Phil's the guy, that we do know.

I was taken by surprise that Mario chose NMU over UND or Red Deer. If he wanted to play with a brother, he could have chosen to play with Phil at UND or Pierre at Red Deer. Northern Michigan is not going to be a super quality team ever, no offence to them. I think UND could win an NCAA title this year or next season, and Mario will wish he chose to play hockey with Phil at UND, no offence to Jacques. We missed out on Mario, in my opinion because of his parent's dis-interest with UND's handling of the goaltending situation the last two years. It's unfortunate that happened, but we missed out on having Grant Potulny and then Ryan Potulny and Danny Irmen because of their father too.

We don't really want players who will have parents that just meddle with the coaches' business, so Mario is better off at NMU. Good luck young Lammy, best of luck to you.

Everyone on this board who continues to make speculations about possible reasons for Marios signing with Northern Michigan should take a good look at themselves. You all are certain that the reason is because the Lamoureux father is unhappy with the coaching situation at UND, yet none of you really know. So lets go ahead and get everybody on this board in an uproar because Phil and his family are unhappy with the coaches at UND. Has anybody ever concidered that maybe Mario thought Northern Michigan was a better fit for him than UND. Top prospects do not always choose the school that is on top at the time, maybe Mario and the Lamoureuxs saw somthing they really like at UNM. Unless anybody finds out the real reason for Marios signing lets quit making speculations and cutting down not only a couple players but a hole family. The Lamoureuxs are all quality people and nobody should be talking about them in this regard.

I am the parent of a player currently being recruited by UND as well as other schools. I read your posts with interest and feel that I might be able to shed some insight on the recruiting scene. UND is certainly one of the best programs out there but there are many other very good programs as well. You have to understand that choosing a college is very difficult. There are a lot of factors involved and the hockey program is only one of them. The coaching staff, quality of life, proximity to home, facilities, academics, culture and opportunities for life after hockey are just some of the factors that come into play. Not everyone is destined to be an NHL player, although that is every kids dream. As a parent you want what's best for your child. As a 17 or 18 year old player you may be lacking the wisdom required to make a good decision. Parents must be involved in the decision process. That's their duty as a parent. At some point a kid makes a commitment and hopes it was the right decision. You should never chastise a kid for not choosing UND. Most kids do what they feel is best for them and they don't hold any annomosity towards the schools they didn't choose. Only time will tell if they made the right choice but either way the choice was made and they have to live with it. That choice will impact them for the rest of their lives, well after their hockey carreer is over. There may be factors at play that nobody but the player and his family understand. While I understand that trying to figure out why decisions were made is fun and part of the reason for this thread, it's important to understand that it's a very tough decision for a kid to make. And I might add those decisions are not always right. Good luck UND.

I am the parent of a player currently being recruited by UND as well as other schools. I read your posts with interest and feel that I might be able to shed some insight on the recruiting scene. UND is certainly one of the best programs out there but there are many other very good programs as well. You have to understand that choosing a college is very difficult. There are a lot of factors involved and the hockey program is only one of them. The coaching staff, quality of life, proximity to home, facilities, academics, culture and opportunities for life after hockey are just some of the factors that come into play. Not everyone is destined to be an NHL player, although that is every kids dream. As a parent you want what's best for your child. As a 17 or 18 year old player you may be lacking the wisdom required to make a good decision. Parents must be involved in the decision process. That's their duty as a parent. At some point a kid makes a commitment and hopes it was the right decision. You should never chastise a kid for not choosing UND. Most kids do what they feel is best for them and they don't hold any annomosity towards the schools they didn't choose. Only time will tell if they made the right choice but either way the choice was made and they have to live with it. That choice will impact them for the rest of their lives, well after their hockey carreer is over. There may be factors at play that nobody but the player and his family understand. While I understand that trying to figure out why decisions were made is fun and part of the reason for this thread, it's important to understand that it's a very tough decision for a kid to make. And I might add those decisions are not always right. Good luck UND.

Nice post!

Great post. It is nice to hear from a parent's perspective. Good luck to your son (or daughter) no matter what he or she decides. :)

great post, ok enough with the small talk, who is your kid :):(;)

MAYBEE......

Pretty ironic, I think, that the child of your hero and guy you named your kid after will be skating for the Sioux. Especially considering this series of comments after last year's Frozen Four loss:

The bottom line is that the great sioux SEASON IS OVER!!!!!!!!!...

that was a great hit on Prpich I can watch that crushing over and over,man that makes me smile!!!!!!...

season is all over!!!!!!!losers...

Parise looked like crap!!!!!(thats saying it nicely) just like the rest of the sioux, way to blow it again losers two years in a row with nothing.........

SEASONS OVER...

DON,T CRY...

LETS GO BADGERS....DON'T CHOKE LIKE THE SIOUX DO 2 YEARS IN A ROW........

LOVE BEING THE FIRST TO GIVE THE SIOUX SOME S@#$ SEASON IS OVER LOSERS........

So are you jumping ship and declaring your loyalty to the Fighting Sioux?!!!

Pretty ironic, I think, that the child of your hero and guy you named your kid after will be skating for the Sioux. Especially considering this series of comments after last year's Frozen Four loss:

So are you jumping ship and declaring your loyalty to the Fighting Sioux?!!!

hmmmm, great research and find....yeah, big fan HEXTALL is...seems like you want to be one of us and be a LOSER now :) what a joke of a post...very funny

From the Wisconsin State Journal

Recruiting update A year after making inroads into the USHL powerhouse in Lincoln, Neb. - signing wingers Mike Davies and Ben Grotting - UW coaches appear to be pursuing another in Jason Gregoire, a 17-year-old winger from Winnipeg.

Gregoire, the rookie of the year in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League last season, also is being courted by Denver and North Dakota.

So, why didn't Max Bull play at UND? Why didn't John Lee sign with UND? Why didn't Aaron Marvin sign with UND? Do I need to keep going? :):(

The coaches want to bring in the best players they can. You can't bring in every player who is a brother or son of a former player.

Hypothetcally speaking, next year would you rather have incoming freshmen Jordy Christian or Evan Trupp. Malone or Marvin. Lapoint or Lee. Lamoureaux or Hextall?

You can't make everyone happy and you can't take every player out there, but then again maybe we should have two teams.

The coaches want to bring in the best players they can. You can't bring in every player who is a brother or son of a former player.

Hypothetcally speaking, next year would you rather have incoming freshmen Jordy Christian or Evan Trupp. Malone or Marvin. Lapoint or Lee. Lamoureaux or Hextall?

You can't make everyone happy and you can't take every player out there, but then again maybe we should have two teams.

and of course, not everyone "dreams" of playing for the sioux...just like how UND gets recruits from the gophers like kristo.