SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Wouldn't it be hilarious if he didn't find out about it until the Sioux Roster is released. :D:0

I'd probably find it rather shocking before I'd find humor in it. Chris Heisenberg is extraordinarily well connected when it comes to these things. He's not perfect, nor does he necessarily rush to the computer the instant he hears something to update the website, but he's not that sluggish.

BTW: I get that you were joking, but I had to say this. :D

I'd probably find it rather shocking before I'd find humor in it. Chris Heisenberg is extraordinarily well connected when it comes to these things. He's not perfect, nor does he necessarily rush to the computer the instant he hears something to update the website, but he's not that sluggish.

BTW: I get that you were joking, but I had to say this. :0

I am already sick of the offseason, I am ready for the fall and ducktober, my golf game is already in the crapper.

I am already sick of the offseason, I am ready for the fall and ducktober, my golf game is already in the crapper.

My golf game hasn't gotten past the driving range yet. Interestingly enough, over the offseason I apparently got better at my irons, but stopped being able to putt entirely. Oh, and my driving is still as crappy as before, with 60% more slice!

My golf game hasn't gotten past the driving range yet. Interestingly enough, over the offseason I apparently got better at my irons, but stopped being able to putt entirely. Oh, and my driving is still as crappy as before, with 60% more slice!

My driver is out of control right now, I haven't been able to find the fairway. I must have lost 12.00 dollars in balls the last two days.

My driver is out of control right now, I haven't been able to find the fairway. I must have lost 12.00 dollars in balls the last two days.

I'm sure like most of us, that translates to 3 $4 "tour" balls. If thats the case may I schedule lessons.

I'm sure like most of us, that translates to 3 $4 "tour" balls. If thats the case may I schedule lessons.

Yeah your probably right. Also on another note Ray Richards golf course is in horrible shape.

Yeah your probably right. Also on another note Ray Richards golf course is in horrible shape.

I've never golfed on Ray Richards when it wasn't in horrible shape. It's not a very well maintained course... at least when I've been there.

I've never golfed on Ray Richards when it wasn't in horrible shape. It's not a very well maintained course... at least when I've been there.

It was like $12.00 dollars for 18 holes walking thats not too bad however, every green had winter kill on it... Your right the course is poorly maintained but they are making money hand over fist there because they are always full.

Add to this, it didn't help that after putting at Kings Walk and going to Ray Richards the greens were really slow.

Add to all of this It doesn't help when the wind is 25-35 MPH and from the north. So it basically means that the wind doesn't help at all.

I suppose if this kid shaved his head, but I really dont think it was him...i guess something else i could have added was that i think hakstol called him anthony(but im not positive!) and i did hear hak ask him "is anyone else on your team getting a full scholarship offer like this?"- this is not verbatim, but the only word in that quote im unsure of is "full". my guess is that with that kind of question he is most likely from a high school team or a not so stacked league team like some ushl/bchl teams...my 2 cents. also, for this time of year it was pretty tan, so maybe is from cali, because it didnt look like he fake baked... then again it could be a "natural" tan, by that i mean he has darker skin.

Did anyone ever figure out who this other recruit visit was. As a final guess was it perhaps Anthony Perdicaro who played for Northern Michigan of the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey league. Sault Ste Marie of the Major Juniors drafted him and were really high on his in your face play. He sounds like the perfect replacement for Prpich and maybe he decided to come to the WCHA vice the OHL.

http://houndsforum.com/index.php?showtopic=525

Did anyone ever figure out who this other recruit visit was. As a final guess was it perhaps Anthony Perdicaro who played for Northern Michigan of the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey league. Sault Ste Marie of the Major Juniors drafted him and were really high on his in your face play. He sounds like the perfect replacement for Prpich and maybe he decided to come to the WCHA vice the OHL.

http://houndsforum.com/index.php?showtopic=525

I don't think he could come. This is from your link. ???

he has already been signed to a contract by the team.

OLN had some highlight's from the World Championships with Ryan Malone setting up a goal, anybody heard anything about his status lately? Thanks.

Ryan plays on the 1st or 2nd line for the Penguins. His cousin Brad's status is still up in the air. ;):)

How about David Wilson of the Streetsville Derby team of the MJAHL or something like that? He's from Ontario, he's got a shaved head, he's 6'1" 195....but he's 21. He's a 1985 birthdate. He just won the top goaltender award from the Royal Bank Cup people...

3.11 GAA with a .914 Save%.... I'm not sure what to think of that. If you have a higher GAA but a good save% does that foretell a bad defense or inconsistency (one game you'll be lights out, nothing gets by you and the next game you'll let in 7 goals on 10 shots)?

How about David Wilson of the Streetsville Derby team of the MJAHL or something like that? He's from Ontario, he's got a shaved head, he's 6'1" 195....but he's 21. He's a 1985 birthdate. He just won the top goaltender award from the Royal Bank Cup people...

3.11 GAA with a .914 Save%.... I'm not sure what to think of that. If you have a higher GAA but a good save% does that foretell a bad defense or inconsistency (one game you'll be lights out, nothing gets by you and the next game you'll let in 7 goals on 10 shots)?

Nope, he was still playing in the RBC tournament while the visit took place.

What that says is that he faces, on average, and with some rounding, 36 shots per game, saves 33 of them, and 3 get by.

GAA divided by "non-save percentage" is shots faced per game. "non-save percentage" is "1 minus save percentage".

Your better question is "consistency": Does he put up a shutout on 36 shots one night and and then let in 6 or 7 on 36 shots the next? (Jake Brandt had that problem one season --> shutout, then give up five, GAA 2.5). That's what simple GAA and save numbers don't show.

You guys are getting colder.

That was post #863 of this thread.

In #861 was mentioned a goalie for the Wellington Dukes named "Tony" as someone had overheard.

In #862 "dagies" goes for a different name.

Then comes #863 --> "colder".

I'd say there's the answer.

That was post #863 of this thread.

In #861 was mentioned a goalie for the Wellington Dukes named "Tony" as someone had overheard.

In #862 "dagies" goes for a different name.

Then comes #863 --> "colder".

I'd say there's the answer.

I'd love to claim that my post 862 was just a clever ruse used to ferret out the final clue from #1Hakfan but you have to go back and read my most more closely. My post 862 is actually about 861's speculation being MORE ACCURATE than my suggested candidate who I had initially mentioned in post 857. Therefore, #1Hakfan's "colder" comment refers to both 861 and 862.

Unless, of course, #1Hakfan misunderstood that as you did........ :)

I'd love to claim that my post 862 was just a clever ruse used to ferret out the final clue from #1Hakfan but you have to go back and read my most more closely. My post 862 is actually about 861's speculation being MORE ACCURATE than my suggested candidate who I had initially mentioned in post 857. Therefore, #1Hakfan's "colder" comment refers to both 861 and 862.

Unless, of course, #1Hakfan misunderstood that as you did........ :)

I think he understood and meant to say colder to both. ;)

Looks like Maine is searching for a goalie too. This is from Chris Heisenberg's blog.

Goalie John Murray, who had been attempting to gain admission to U.Maine for next season, has abandoned those efforts by signing with the OHL's Kitchener Rangers. It will be interesting to see who Maine brings in to back up Ben Bishop, with incumbent Matt Lundin leaving school to transfer elsewhere after a USHL season. One name floated about was Fairbanks (NAHL)'s Bryce Christiansen, who was a top pick of the USHL draft and figured to spend another season before entering college.