SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

just looking at defense for the next year heres what i see from chris's recruiting site

RECRUIT PAGE

so feinhage is a 09

gleason can be a 08 or 09??

that leaves next year with jones,marto,lapoint and genoway. blood comes in and that leaves probably 2 spots open for a 6 and 7 spot?? having 5 in the mix for sure with gleason a ? for 08

saying we lose bina, chorney, finley

thanks to anyone who can help me out

yeah, i have noticed we could probably use another d guy for 08(unless somebody is switched to D...). im thinking budish, because he will be making his decision in the next few months for sure.

EDIT: i was trying to remember...Corbin McPherson is a right D man (drafted 87th) for 08

just looking at defense for the next year heres what i see from chris's recruiting site

RECRUIT PAGE

so feinhage is a 09

that leaves next year with jones,marto,lapoint and genoway. blood comes in and that leaves probably 2 spots open for a 6 and 7 spot?? having 5 in the mix for sure with gleason a ? for 08

If Bina, Chorney, and Finley leave, I'm about positive Gleason would come in next year. Realisticly you would like to have seven d-men. There have been some kids mentioned from the BCHL and AJHL, so the coaches have a few in mind.

If Bina, Chorney, and Finley leave, I'm about positive Gleason would come in next year. Realisticly you would like to have seven d-men. There have been some kids mentioned from the BCHL and AJHL, so the coaches have a few in mind.

that makes sense.thanks

so that would make genoway-marto-lapoint-jones-gleason-blood plus 1 more

yeah, i have noticed we could probably use another d guy for 08(unless somebody is switched to D...). im thinking budish, because he will be making his decision in the next few months for sure.

EDIT: i was trying to remember...Corbin McPherson is a right D man (drafted 87th) for 08

are you saying budish would change to D?? or are you referring to the recruit coming this weekend?

RECRUIT PAGE

so feinhage is a 09

feinhage could come next year if needed. He could probably make the jump - he's only an CSS A prospect.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the league is getting younger. Look at all the Gopher recruits that are accelerating thru HS to get to UM early.

are you saying budish would change to D?? or are you referring to the recruit coming this weekend?

no, definitely not. i was thinking that there is a possibility(pure speculation on my part) that davidson could be moved to D for the 7 spot. But, assuming that doesnt happen, i like the idea of corbin McPherson coming in on D for 08...he has said he wants to play here. Budish is still my guess for the recruit (at Forward), but McPherson would be my second guess(assuming that nobody is changed to D from F).

and another 2 cents... i think feinhage will probably come in 09, as he is slated to do. who knows.

no, definitely not. i was thinking that there is a possibility(pure speculation on my part) that davidson could be moved to D for the 7 spot. But, assuming that doesnt happen, i like the idea of corbin McPherson coming in on D for 08...he has said he wants to play here. Budish is still my guess for the recruit (at Forward), but McPherson would be my second guess(assuming that nobody is changed to D from F).

and another 2 cents... i think feinhage will probably come in 09, as he is slated to do. who knows.

i will say it budish as well visiting this weekend, if so that would be great

exiled one...what if we wanna be greedy and want em both? :crazy:

Some would say that top notch defensemen for '09 and '10 are already becoming scarce, so I expect Motzko may "open the vault" for Schmidt. Hopefully, it will be an amount the Sioux just can't match. The goofers are already going to be quite full at D for '09 & '10 (add that to the fact that Schmidt considers the goofers to be his favorite team's arch enemy) and I think that Minnesota is out of the running. Actually, Schmidt's decision could be affected strongly by the next two "big name" commitments who are deciding between you guys and the goofers (one could take his roster spot, the other is a good friend of his). Also, I expect that some "futher away" WCHA teams may try to push for Schmidt. I just hope he ultimately shows loyalty to his hometown. We need him more... period.

I know Mike St. Croix has been mentioned on here. IceScouting.com has him as on of the top 5 Canadian 93 birthdates. Also Emerson Etem is listed as a Top 5 US 92 birthdate.

Unrelated:

The Sioux will have the #1 2008 Class in the Nation. The 2009 class is looking like it will be top 3 as well. Getting a Mattson / Schmidt / Etem would likely keep it going for 2010.

Some would say that top notch defensemen for '09 and '10 are already becoming scarce, so I expect Motzko may "open the vault" for Schmidt. Hopefully, it will be an amount the Sioux just can't match. The goofers are already going to be quite full at D for '09 & '10 (add that to the fact that Schmidt considers the goofers to be his favorite team's arch enemy) and I think that Minnesota is out of the running. Actually, Schmidt's decision could be affected strongly by the next two "big name" commitments who are deciding between you guys and the goofers (one could take his roster spot, the other is a good friend of his). Also, I expect that some "futher away" WCHA teams may try to push for Schmidt. I just hope he ultimately shows loyalty to his hometown. We need him more... period.

Exiled One I am assuming the next two "big name" commitments who are deciding between UND and the Goofs are Mattson and Budish. Am I safe to say that is right? For some reason, I have a bad feeling that both these guys are going to be Goofs. No inside info just from rumors and other things i've heard and read.

Exiled One I am assuming the next two "big name" commitments who are deciding between UND and the Goofs are Mattson and Budish. Am I safe to say that is right? For some reason, I have a bad feeling that both these guys are going to be Goofs. No inside info just from rumors and other things i've heard and read.

i think that UND has a very good chance to land Budish. i should bring my binoculars to the games :crazy: to see if its him. my vision sucks right now, so other people will want to check out these people too.

I think they are pretty confident in gopher land of getting Budish and Mattson. Reading those tea leaves I think it's unlikely either end up with the Sioux.

There is a large contingent of Gopher fans that want Budish because he's been on the radar for a while because of where he plays high school hockey and the recent success they have had. Don't confuse people wanting a player with being confident that the Gophers will land him. Two very different things.

There is a large contingent of Gopher fans that want Budish because he's been on the radar for a while because of where he plays high school hockey and the recent success they have had. Don't confuse people wanting a player with being confident that the Gophers will land him. Two very different things.

thats a good point. also, it could be possible that there is more than one recruit visiting this weekend...that happens quite a bit.