SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Ummm, I'm still going with us...

well derp! but other schools like minny and uw and du get a lot of hot recruits (not so much du now) and cc has been on the downward after the 05 season ended. so if UND doesnt win and another WCHA school does, i would prefer if it was cc. that sound better?

well derp! but other schools like minny and uw and du get a lot of hot recruits (not so much du now) and cc has been on the downward after the 05 season ended. so if UND doesnt win and another WCHA school does, i would prefer if it was cc. that sound better?

I would rather see a team like Maine win... ;)

Anders Lee, who was a foward for St. Thomas Academy is rumored (and it does look to be true) to be transfering to Edina next year to play with Gleason, Budish, and Gaarder. He is an 09 recruit and is pretty good, big power foward at 6'2 200 and since he is going to Edina it may draw some more interest in him from colleges. Either way, that Edina team is going to be pretty good next year. I think the reason he is transfering is because he missed the women and booze (St. Thomas is all boys) :lol:

Anders Lee, who was a foward for St. Thomas Academy is rumored (and it does look to be true) to be transfering to Edina next year to play with Gleason, Budish, and Gaarder. He is an 09 recruit and is pretty good, big power foward at 6'2 200 and since he is going to Edina it may draw some more interest in him from colleges. Either way, that Edina team is going to be pretty good next year. I think the reason he is transfering is because he missed the women and booze (St. Thomas is all boys) :lol:

any news on budish, mattsen or tyler landman? thanks for the updates

is it kelly zajac at salmon arm? if so does he have another year there and does he have top college skills?

just curious,is tj oshies brother college material?

He's a good player, but there's no way he's that big.

David Toews has been selected to attend the Team Canada U18 Camp in August. Based on his play at the Canada Games I will be shocked if he doesn't make the team.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/2/4/8/1/7/index1.shtml

its always interesting looking at these rosters and realizing that so few do go the college route with one of the best for canada being jonathan over the last few years choosing und and college while the rest really dont even think about it. i see davids buddy tessier is on the tryout at well. only a few elite canadians in each years crop that choose college so when we do land toews type its pretty damn nice..........david will be a solid player as well. he turned it on big time for shattuck at the end of last season i think becoming the leading scorer.

is it kelly zajac at salmon arm? if so does he have another year there and does he have top college skills?

to answer your question, it is Kelly at Salmon Arm and he just turned 19 as of last week. His eligibility for another year there, i don't know. Sorry. And from his stats, I don't know if you would say that he is brilliant, he isn't Travis, though he might be good. Sorry, but I am not the best hockey judge of talent for you.

Nothing on anyone yet. Budish seems to have his likers and dislikers. He tends to draw praise from some but critcism from others. The times I've watched him I wasn't exactly amazed, not to say he wasn't good, but he has a ways to go. All I know on Mattsen is he visited UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Denver will be later this summer. You may see a verbal from him closer to the fall. All I know with Landman is he would take the offer here if offered, but I don't think we've offered him anything yet. Kelly Zajac would fill a good depth spot for 2008 if we were interested in him, but he doesn't compare to the talent of Travis and Darcy.

Nothing on anyone yet. Budish seems to have his likers and dislikers. He tends to draw praise from some but critcism from others. The times I've watched him I wasn't exactly amazed, not to say he wasn't good, but he has a ways to go. All I know on Mattsen is he visited UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Denver will be later this summer. You may see a verbal from him closer to the fall. All I know with Landman is he would take the offer here if offered, but I don't think we've offered him anything yet. Kelly Zajac would fill a good depth spot for 2008 if we were interested in him, but he doesn't compare to the talent of Travis and Darcy.

thanks a lot..........i think tyler landman would be a huge signing if possible to go with the others we have verbals from already. really hope we get him! mattsen as well. he seems to have some nice talent!

The Minnesota Select 15 festivals started today and go through the 21st at the NHC in St. Cloud, the players choosen from this group will be invited to the national festival which is July 28-Aug 3 in St. Cloud. Also, Brett's brother Nick Bruneteau will be skating at the national festival. Here are the rosters and the schedule,

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/assorted/Ad...l%20Rosters.pdf

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/assorted/Ad...%20Schedule.pdf

I was talking about Budish earlier in terms of having some mixed opinions. Apparently he played very well at the model camp last week. He had eight goals and one assist. Lucia invited him to visit the U of M in August and I would assume our interest isn't lost. From the looks of this he will visit schools in the fall and will make his commitment shortly after.

Personally, I don't think the Huskies should give up on Budish. If he really is behind so many others in that draft class, he should still be in Motzko's realm of possible candidates, if only just. I just don't see how SCSU can't land one of Budish, Hanowski, Landman, or Schmidt. All of whom are top-flight recruits (at this point) and who've probably been contacted by SCSU amongst other schools. Hopefully, players like Maetche and French will rise to the top, as SCSU would likely have the edge on them. Although, Nick Oliver has been getting a lot of praise from the select events he's participated in. It looks like Motzko may have gotten a steal there.

As for UND, I think you guys will probably go all the way to the finish line for Budish, Hanowski, Landman and Mattson. As for how many of them you get, I have no idea.

The goofers will have their work cut out for them with all the guys just mentioned. But even if they crap out, they'll have consolation prizes of Danny Mattson, Tyler Pitlick, Nick Leddy, Tyler Lapic, etc. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they won't crap out. There's about a year and a half (91's and late 90's) that are chalk full of solid players, IMHO.

Personally, I don't think the Huskies should give up on Budish. If he really is behind so many others in that draft class, he should still be in Motzko's realm of possible candidates, if only just. I just don't see how SCSU can't land one of Budish, Hanowski, Landman, or Schmidt. All of whom are top-flight recruits (at this point) and who've probably been contacted by SCSU amongst other schools. Hopefully, players like Maetche and French will rise to the top, as SCSU would likely have the edge on them. Although, Nick Oliver has been getting a lot of praise from the select events he's participated in. It looks like Motzko may have gotten a steal there.

As for UND, I think you guys will probably go all the way to the finish line for Budish, Hanowski, Landman and Mattson. As for how many of them you get, I have no idea.

The goofers will have their work cut out for them with all the guys just mentioned. But even if they crap out, they'll have consolation prizes of Danny Mattson, Tyler Pitlick, Nick Leddy, Tyler Lapic, etc. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they won't crap out. There's about a year and a half (91's and late 90's) that are chalk full of solid players, IMHO.

i would love to see landman and mattson in green and white for sure.........

I wouldn't write it in stone but there is a report on the high school board that Chris Student (who is a pretty good d-men) is transfering to Edina next year. This would be the second player recently to transfer there along with Anders Lee. In terms of prospective recruits and committed recruits (Gleason) this Edina team is going to be loaded next year and should really be fun to watch if anyone is in the cities area.

This question goes to all you that live in Grand Forks. Is there any local kids coming out of Red River or Central that we should pay attention to? I heard RR had a good goaltender and some good d-men. Any truth to what i am hearing?

As far as the goalie, that would be Pat Arnason and IMO he is not d1 material. He seems to me to be a product of very good players in front of him. I think that the two d men have a shot at playing d1 although I would take Galbreath over LaDouceur any day. There is also a forward (Eric Meland) who I think should end up playing d1 if he chooses to.