SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Gretzky isn't your average ex NHLer though, he is Canadian hockey. If his son spurned the Canadian system to play in the US system, it would cause a huge uproar. Ultimately, it wouldn't matter much since Wayne could likely murder Stephen Harper on the steps of Parliament with a rusty spoon on Canada Day and get away with it, but still.

The kid is an American citizen who grew up in California and Phoenix. I'm guessing that his perspective is very similar to his peers who would all be looking at the College route. Major Junior hockey would hardly be on his radar screen since the games aren't televised in the States.

Don't be too surprised if Gretzky's kid goes the college route. That is were he will have the most opportunities as an American. I'm guessing that it is better than 50-50 that he will go College and the odds will probably go to 80-20 by the time he has to make a decision especially if he is playing at Shattuck.

The kid is an American citizen who grew up in California and Phoenix. I'm guessing that his perspective is very similar to his peers who would all be looking at the College route. Major Junior hockey would hardly be on his radar screen since the games aren't televised in the States.

Don't be too surprised if Gretzky's kid goes the college route. That is were he will have the most opportunities as an American. I'm guessing that it is better than 50-50 that he will go College and the odds will probably go to 80-20 by the time he has to make a decision especially if he is playing at Shattuck.

he would probably go to the umtc or bc or something(just a hunch)

he would probably go to the umtc or bc or something(just a hunch)

I think he probably saw the REA when the World Jr's were in Grand Forks and knows about the rink.

Also, everyone knows if you want to play for NCAA titles and get prepared for the NHL UND is a great path to take. I don't think it hurts having three coaches that are Canadian either.

I think he probably saw the REA when the World Jr's were in Grand Forks and knows about the rink.

Also, everyone knows if you want to play for NCAA titles and get prepared for the NHL UND is a great path to take. I don't think it hurts having three coaches that are Canadian either.

At the same time, it's pretty clear by Phoenix's draft choices and acquistions in recent years they like Gopher players. Who knows if he'll even be good enough to play at a top college hockey program like UND or UM at this point?

At the same time, it's pretty clear by Phoenix's draft choices and acquistions in recent years they like Gopher players. Who knows if he'll even be good enough to play at a top college hockey program like UND or UM at this point?

I wouldn't look to far into it, this is mear speculation. On another side note I see Minnesota is Canadianless again.

Are you serious? I'd say the WHL does a much better job of drawing the top California talent than the NCAA does.

I guess we'll have to see how Ty Gretzky does at Shattuck, but like I said, if he had a different last name, would there be that much attention given to a kid that played JV Prep School hockey in Arizona last year?

I wouldn't look to far into it, this is mear speculation. On another side note I see Minnesota is Canadianless again.

i guess my comeback of........NO out of state players = NO NC$$ Title #6 ;):silly: will not work since briggs is from colorado springs, but hell, gopher fans probably dont count him anyways as one of their own ;)

on another note, brad malone is supposed to be visiting soon...i really want him to play here, but im skeptical of that because he has ties with eaves in uw....any thoughts? or preferrably some new info.

Yeah, I've got a few thoughts

@#$$%Q#$% Badgers...

And

Better Dead than Red

And

Do you like offense???

And

Wouldn't you like to play with David Toews?

And

with Global Warming Grand Forks may not be as cold.

And

wow can we develop NHL Talent

And

UND is where Crosby would have gone if he went NCAA

And

What an arena..

And

I shouldn't drink and Post

eom

Yeah, I've got a few thoughts

@#$$%Q#$% Badgers...

And

Better Dead than Red

And

Do you like offense???

And

Wouldn't you like to play with David Toews?

And

with Global Warming Grand Forks may not be as cold.

And

wow can we develop NHL Talent

And

UND is where Crosby would have gone if he went NCAA

And

What an arena..

And

I shouldn't drink and Post

eom

I like that post, who cares if your stewed, the message is good.

Edited by Goon

Are you serious? I'd say the WHL does a much better job of drawing the top California talent than the NCAA does.

I guess we'll have to see how Ty Gretzky does at Shattuck, but like I said, if he had a different last name, would there be that much attention given to a kid that played JV Prep School hockey in Arizona last year?

I guess 13 kids in the WHL pretty well covers it.

I guess 13 kids in the WHL pretty well covers it.

And how many kids from California are going to the NCAA? And out of those kids, how many would have actually had the option of going to the WHL? The very top prospects like Mitch Wahl and Colin Reddin didn't even really consider the NCAA route.

A 21 team WHL has 13 Cali kids while a 10 team WCHA has 7 Cali kids, I guess you be the judge.

How many of those WHL kids could have played college hockey? And now how many of those WCHA kids could have played in the WHL? I doubt there were too many WHL teams beating down the door for Dan Quilico or Ryan Lasch three or four years ago.

Salmon Arm won again last night. This maybe one of there best teams ever. They are 5-0 and are averaging 7 goals a game. Like I said in an earlier post they have at least 8 D-1 prospects including Winnett. I wasn't including Volpi and Cain. I just noticed that those 2 are committed already.

There Power play must be great. They are 12 for 33 for 36%.

I was looking at the Salmon Arm record book on their website, its great to see all the Sioux players like Zajac, Duncan, Brady Murray.

Salmon Arm won again last night. This maybe one of there best teams ever. They are 5-0 and are averaging 7 goals a game. Like I said in an earlier post they have at least 8 D-1 prospects including Winnett. I wasn't including Volpi and Cain. I just noticed that those 2 are committed already.

kelly zajac is also on that team, but if im not mistaken, nash is uncommitted and looking like a potential sioux recruit. and also with their 6'5'' goalie...nice numbers, but IF he came here(he would probably come as an 07), we would then have to kick out walski, and we already have 2 good goalies.

It appears (at least on paper) that 2007 is going to be great year for goaltending recruits. Off the top of my head, the committed and uncommitted goaltenders of note are:

Alex Kangas (UMN)

Chris Rawlings (The Salmon Arm goaltender)

Bryce Christianson

Beau Christian

Bryan Hogan (UMich)

Richard Bachman (CC)

Marc Cheverie (DU)

Brad Phillips? (ND) - read good things about him anyways.

Others that potentially could be good ones are:

Josh Unice (BGSU)

Scott Orth

Pat McGann

Dayn Belfour

WOW. Of course, some of these are just big names and may not pan out at all, as predictions are not my forte', but still...

It appears (at least on paper) that 2007 is going to be great year for goaltending recruits. Off the top of my head, the committed and uncommitted goaltenders of note are:

Alex Kangas (UMN)

Chris Rawlings (The Salmon Arm goaltender)

Bryce Christianson

Beau Christian

Bryan Hogan (UMich)

Richard Bachman (CC)

Marc Cheverie (DU)

Brad Phillips? (ND) - read good things about him anyways.

Others that potentially could be good ones are:

Josh Unice (BGSU)

Scott Orth

Pat McGann

Dayn Belfour

WOW. Of course, some of these are just big names and may not pan out at all, as predictions are not my forte', but still...

Scott Gudmandson-G Omaha (USHL) 5'10 155 1-30-88 WISCONSIN

Ranked just behind Kangas in the USHL according to Heis