SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Are they bot Canucks? Tessier is not on either US U18 team.

obviously david Toews is, via winnepeg like his bro. tessier i dont know, but this... thanks to western college hockey blog suggested to me that he was from quebec??

--Kelsey Tessier-Colorado Outlaws AAA-Best friend of David Toews. Ranked as 10th best player for QMJHL draft by ISS. Excellent vision and a great skater.--

Thanks for the explanation Redwing77.

There has been a few recruits in this summer on visits. Hopefully soon you will see a couple commitments. Some players names have not been mentioned on this board yet, so there might be some surprises.

I think someone should start a new recruiting thread. This one is getting to long.

I wrote this because it seems like people think UND is behind in recruiting. It seems like every year there are negative comments. Sioux fans have been very spoiled watching BIG time recruits come in here and have great freshmen years. But it can't happen every year. I know everyone is waiting for a big name for the fall of 2007, but there is none. When I say this I mean there is no Zach Parise's, Toews, Vaneks and Kessels out there right that will have huge impacts on college hockey and score 20-25 goals as a freshmen(for fall 2007).

It seems like the big names have opted for Major junior in Canada (Gagner, Mcrae). There are 2 real BIG time recruits for the fall of 2007 are Turris who is going to Wisconsin and Patrick Kane ( both of them could still end up in CHL, I bet Kane goes there). I am just looking at WCHA/CCHA caliber recruits I don't follow eastern Canada or U.S.

Winnett was no Loss. There is about 10 other players still out there that can be as good as he is.

Yes there is still some great recruits that are high profile guys out there, but looking at there numbers they will have freshmen years like Skille, Wheeler, Stoa, Kozek did where they contributed to there teams, but they didn't light it up.

We have some great recruits coming in this year. If Forney wouldn't have gotten hurt I would say he would have scored 15 goals this year. Now his strength is a little behind, but I bet he still gets 10-12. Zajac will surprise a lot of people. Remember last summer a lot of you thought Vandevelde was better than Oshie. I don't think he will get a lot of points, but he will contribute and play a big role, especially by the end of the season Thats when he always comes on. Trupp coming next year, I bet he is in the top 3 in the BCHL scoring this year and he will out score Winnet.

I forgot my main point. There might be another surprise or two from the Cities area. I can't remember if their names have been mentioned on this board.

Don't worry the coaches are out there battling for Future Sioux. Just because you don't read about it on Message boards doesn't mean they are not recruiting players. I am not trying to lead anyone on,I'm just informing you on a little info and to try get you to think positive and creates some discussion.

I wrote this because it seems like people think UND is behind in recruiting. It seems like every year there are negative comments. Sioux fans have been very spoiled watching BIG time recruits come in here and have great freshmen years. But it can't happen every year. I know everyone is waiting for a big name for the fall of 2007, but there is none. When I say this I mean there is no Zach Parise's, Toews, Vaneks and Kessels out there right that will have huge impacts on college hockey and score 20-25 goals as a freshmen(for fall 2007).

It seems like the big names have opted for Major junior in Canada (Gagner, Mcrae). There are 2 real BIG time recruits for the fall of 2007 are Turris who is going to Wisconsin and Patrick Kane ( both of them could still end up in CHL, I bet Kane goes there). I am just looking at WCHA/CCHA caliber recruits I don't follow eastern Canada or U.S.

Winnett was no Loss. There is about 10 other players still out there that can be as good as he is.

Yes there is still some great recruits that are high profile guys out there, but looking at there numbers they will have freshmen years like Skille, Wheeler, Stoa, Kozek did where they contributed to there teams, but they didn't light it up.

We have some great recruits coming in this year. If Forney wouldn't have gotten hurt I would say he would have scored 15 goals this year. Now his strength is a little behind, but I bet he still gets 10-12. Zajac will surprise a lot of people. Remember last summer a lot of you thought Vandevelde was better than Oshie. I don't think he will get a lot of points, but he will contribute and play a big role, especially by the end of the season Thats when he always comes on. Trupp coming next year, I bet he is in the top 3 in the BCHL scoring this year and he will out score Winnet.

I agree with alot of what you said, BUT... You are drinking the Kool-aid. Winnett was a VERY significant loss. :love:

I agree with alot of what you said, BUT... You are drinking the Kool-aid. Winnett was a VERY significant loss. :love:

I agree, Winnett isn't a loss. The best target is still out in Western Canada and the Sioux are very much in the running for him.

And who might that be? :love:

i dont know if he is talking about brad malone or not...i dont think malone is from western canada, he was drafted by the Q. he sounds like he would be an awesome pickup though. i guess hes 6'3'' power forward and a projected second rounder in nhl 07 draft.

i dont know if he is talking about brad malone or not...i dont think malone is from western canada, he was drafted by the Q. he sounds like he would be an awesome pickup though. i guess hes 6'3'' power forward and a projected second rounder in nhl 07 draft.

Malone would be a nice pick up but Siouxnami said Western Canada and Malone is from the far East. There isn't alot of talent left in Western Canada for 07 that isn't already claimed other than Bloodoff but I believe he may be going to the WHL. Or is Siouxnami talking about 08 and David Toews?

Malone would be a nice pick up but Siouxnami said Western Canada and Malone is from the far East. There isn't alot of talent left in Western Canada for 07 that isn't already claimed other than Bloodoff but I believe he may be going to the WHL. Or is Siouxnami talking about 08 and David Toews?

i believe it was RICK who said western canada not siouxnami........LETS GET TESSIER AND TOEWS :lol:

also anyone with info on i believe it is jordan murray, brother of brady at shattuck still?? thx is he college wcha material?

Quit putting words in my mouth, hoser, eh? :D:love:

Edit: Western Canada??? for 07?? mayby 08 or 09, but I'm not aware of an 07.

Winnett had 49 points. Kyle Turris who is the same age played 3 less games and he had 72 points(thats a big time player), plus he led his team to a championship. We lost out on Turris if he still goes the college route. There are still about 10 other players out there that will be as good or better than Winnett. Hopefully UND gets one or two of them.

Again I am not saying Winnett isn't good. He must be good, he just isn't a HUGE BIG time recruit(he is replaceable). vs. guys like Turris and Pat Kane. Kane had 109 pts last year on the USNDT. the next closest player had 55. (and that is even including all those future gophers).

Then you get into the arguement is it better to have a Winnet for 3 years or Patrick Kane for 1 or 2.

Winnett had 49 points. Kyle Turris who is the same age played 3 less games and he had 72 points(thats a big time player), plus he led his team to a championship. We lost out on Turris if he still goes the college route. There are still about 10 other players out there that will be as good or better than Winnett. Hopefully UND gets one or two of them.

Again I am not saying Winnett isn't good. He must be good, he just isn't a HUGE BIG time recruit(he is replaceable). vs. guys like Turris and Pat Kane. Kane had 109 pts last year on the USNDT. the next closest player had 55. (and that is even including all those future gophers).

Then you get into the arguement is it better to have a Winnet for 3 years or Patrick Kane for 1 or 2.

i will take a player like kane for 1 or 2 :love: but thats just me of course...................where is kane going??

I agree, Winnett isn't a loss. The best target is still out in Western Canada and the Sioux are very much in the running for him.

I still submit you have to question whether you call it a loss if you weren't really a serious finalist in the first place. I've read nothing but casual mentions that the Sioux were involved with Winnett.

Kane is uncomitted and has not accelerated his studies. So, he'll either play for Omaha of the USHL or go to London Knights of the OHL.

Kane is accelerating his studies and should be eligible in December or the second semester (not sure what the details are) but the bottom line is that if he plays college hockey, he'll be playing at some point this year.

Kane is accelerating his studies and should be eligible in December or the second semester (not sure what the details are) but the bottom line is that if he plays college hockey, he'll be playing at some point this year.

Thanks for the correction Cardinal. So, he'll still be with either the London Knights or the Omaha Lancers (at least until December).

This issue is going to get hot in the upcoming few days, as the London Knights have an exhibition game already on 9/1. Omaha's first game is 9/28. I've heard Michigan and BU are the frontrunners for Kane, but first things first... juniors then college.

Come on Rick, I would like to hear some names... For potential 07s I can only think of 2 (Western Canada) that are available that are even in the same league as Ben Winnett. Those would be Riley Nash and Lucas Bloodoff. Do you know something else or are you just blowing smoke. :love:

Keep in mind that a player is more than just stats. Everyone I know that has seen Winnett play absolutely *love* the kid. He had very good numbers for someone his age, but more than that, he's a very complete hockey player and a very smart and classy kid.

My guess would be that Rick is talking about Riley Nash. I guess he really came on at the end of last season and I think he'll have a big year next season.

Also, Kelly Zajac seems to be a pretty good player and I think the general consensus is that he'll follow his brothers to North Dakota some day.

Keep in mind that a player is more than just stats. Everyone I know that has seen Winnett play absolutely *love* the kid. He had very good numbers for someone his age, but more than that, he's a very complete hockey player and a very smart and classy kid.

My guess would be that Rick is talking about Riley Nash. I guess he really came on at the end of last season and I think he'll have a big year next season.

Also, Kelly Zajac seems to be a pretty good player and I think the general consensus is that he'll follow his brothers to North Dakota some day.

Thanks for the insite and posting, nice to get your take here on Siouxsports. :love:

Chris, (or anybody), is Riley Nash related to the "other" Nash?