SiouxSports.com Forum

New PA Person

radionews

I really loved Scott Hennen's voice. I know this sounds really lame but whenever I listen to Right Now by Van Halen, I wait till the beginning part of the song when he used to boom in with his voice and say "Ladies and Gentlemen......... Here come your University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!!!!!!!" And I'd try to make it sound like I was him annoucing that.

yeah..... I'm a looser...... :D

I really loved Scott Hennen's voice. I know this sounds really lame but whenever I listen to Right Now by Van Halen, I wait till the beginning part of the song when he used to boom in with his voice and say "Ladies and Gentlemen......... Here come your University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!!!!!!!" And I'd try to make it sound like I was him annoucing that.

yeah..... I'm a looser......  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm assuming you mean the word 'loser'?

I'm glad there will be new blood in the PA booth. I was never really impressed with Mr Hennen. He stole most of his lines from other PA guys. "Here's your Scoring" line came from the PA guy from UMD. I always though he was a little phoney. The new PA guy or lady, need to be themself. Dave Beach, rest his sole, was the best PA gut to do hockey!

I'm glad there will be new blood in the PA booth.  I was never really impressed with Mr Hennen.  He stole most of his lines from other PA guys.  "Here's your Scoring" line came from the PA guy from UMD.  I always though he was a little phoney.  The new PA guy or lady, need to be themself.  Dave Beach, rest his sole, was the best PA gut to do hockey!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, I disagree. Second of all, why would the UMD PA Announcer say "HEre is your University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux SCORING!!" ? It IS nice though that he does that whenever we're in town. :D

It makes a HUGE difference - the few games Scott was not there were boring in comparsion

Also the music selections make the crowd more into the games - I think Hennon had alot to do with that too

Enjoyed him at the Excel Center too

Everyone wants more from the band.... but I got to say they are not that good or entertaining

It makes a HUGE difference - the few games Scott was not there were boring in comparsion

Also the music selections make the crowd more into the games - I think Hennon had alot to do with that too

Enjoyed him at the Excel Center too

Everyone wants more from the band.... but I got to say they are not that good or entertaining

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the band problem has more to do with practice and repertoire than anything else.

Right now the band has to work on their Pride of the North Football repertoire first and foremost and the hockey stuff second. That's alright for Football, but I've maintained that the Pride of the North should be its own entity and leave the Hockey and Basketball bands to a seperate crew. That way practice can be held more regularly and without regard to the football schedule, those players won't have to worry about conserving "chops" for the night hockey game after a long football game, and they can focus on getting decent material seperate from the usual crap the football band plays (Soak up the Sun? Wha?).

But... who knows. I still can't wait to hear about all the noise complaints by the people formerly complaining about the students. :D

I'm glad there will be new blood in the PA booth.  I was never really impressed with Mr Hennen.  He stole most of his lines from other PA guys.  "Here's your Scoring" line came from the PA guy from UMD.  I always though he was a little phoney.  The new PA guy or lady, need to be themself.  Dave Beach, rest his sole, was the best PA gut to do hockey!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that. I love PA guys who can inspire a crowd without getting in the way - Hennen had a way of turning the focus to himself and many times it seemed that his ego was in the way of the game. I don't know if this really makes sense to anyone but me, but it always seemed a little contrived and derivative when he made scoring or penalty announcements.

To each his own, but I fail to see how anyone could possibly not love SH as a PA announcer. I personally feel he's the best anywhere, and if as a Sioux fan his announcing of Sioux scoring doesn't get your blood moving, you are not among the living. To those that are less enamored with SH, I challenge you to name someone better, whether it be in college or pro and regardless of sport or venue. Even if you inexplicably do not care for SH, you can't deny that he bleeds green with the best of them.

To each his own, but I fail to see how anyone could possibly not love SH as a PA announcer.  I personally feel he's the best anywhere, and if as a Sioux fan his announcing of Sioux scoring doesn't get your blood moving, you are not among the living.  To those that are less enamored with SH, I challenge you to name someone better, whether it be in college or pro and regardless of sport or venue.  Even if you inexplicably do not care for SH, you can't deny that he bleeds green with the best of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree...Scott is a reader at our church...I know it's probably not the right thing to be thinking about at church, but when Scott speaks you can't help but think about Sioux hockey. It will be very hard to replace him as the voice of Sioux hockey.

To each his own, but I fail to see how anyone could possibly not love SH as a PA announcer.  I personally feel he's the best anywhere, and if as a Sioux fan his announcing of Sioux scoring doesn't get your blood moving, you are not among the living.  To those that are less enamored with SH, I challenge you to name someone better, whether it be in college or pro and regardless of sport or venue.  Even if you inexplicably do not care for SH, you can't deny that he bleeds green with the best of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fill ins for Scott when he wasn't there last year did not come close to making it. Scott got the crowd involved and helped to set the tone for the atmosphere. It will be a large hole to fill but hopefully there will be someone that can step in and make it there own thing, while helping to create the atmosphere.

Scott - you will truly be missed.

It was announced but very low. I asked my son why it wasn't announced and he said it was but he barely heard it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they weren't going to give the goal the same amount of volume the others got, why announce it at all? Since few people heard the announcement, it's as good as being ignored.