SiouxSports.com Forum

Herb Brooks

Riverman

Well,well,well. Why look who was at a UND vs SCSU game.. :D

Shouldn't he have been at the UM-UW game. :(

Oh, I know he's a scout.No wait he wanted to talk to Virg..No that isn't it. He coached SCSU so now he is a SCSU fan more than a UM fan that must be it! :D

Quick someone get a hold of the Woogster he knows everything..

Better yet maybe that clown Sid Hartman knows. ;)

WTF?!?!?!? Just because my "squeeze" gets super-premium tickets to Mariucci from her parents when they're not in Florida, I'm a gopher fan? Please. I'm just there to advance the Sioux empire further to the east. ;):D Well that, and I really like going to Stub's for James Page super-pints and cheap college food ... just like when I'd go to Frenchy's. :D

Herbie hanging out at the REA...it all seems very suspicious. Maybe he's is part of the Nanne/Sonmor recruiting strategy. This talk about him telling Zach to come to UND might just be a cover.

It seems there are a lot of people with Rodent ties hanging around Grand Forks these days. Even Rachel Blount had Zach cornered today after practice. Why would the Gopher writer drive all the way to GF to hang out around the Sioux locker?;)

Our boarders need protection. I suggest we assign The Sicatoka and kr or PCM to boarder patrol duty at Fargo and Grand Forks. I'm sure there will be concerns about paying for all this security. I believe we could make it part of the Homeland Security bill. :D

You got me Greyeagle. Not only did I do it once, I followed it up a few words later with the same spelling. :D

What's surprising is that Clayton, who was up most of the night, still caught both yours and mine, even with one eye closed. :D

I guess, what I was thinking about was, all these people with Gopher ties becoming regular "boarders" at the REA. They're living in $30K suites, but they're not paying any rent. ;)

And I can't f'in believe people applauded when they introduced Herbie on Friday night. What is the world coming to?

I must admit I had my wife get his autograph. I dig him for the way he handled the Russian team in '80, and for his support of college hockey. But, he's still the man responsible for Gopher greatness. Hard to forgive him for that... heh, heh ;)

taz

Just because he was a good coach doesn't change the fact that HERBIE SUCKS!

Just because Dean Blais got his coaching start as an assistant under Herbie doesn't change the fact that HERBIE SUCKS!

Just because Herbie is driving the train as conductor of the Underground Railroad from Faribault to Grand Forks doesn't change the fact that HERBIE SUCKS!

Just because he sand bagged the CCCP'ers into thinking they really were 10 goals better than the USA in 1980 and thereby creating the complacency needed for the USA to win, doesn't change the fact that HERBIE SUCKS!

Just because he moved Dave Christian to defense, which added a great puck handler and positional player to the D, enabling the other big but slow-footed D to not have skate with the swift Swedes, fast Finns and rushing Russians, doesn't change that fact that HERBIE SUCKS!

Come to think of it, maybe I'm being too harsh.

Naaaaahhhhhh.