SiouxSports.com Forum

Freshmen: First Collegiate Penalty

The Sicatoka

In the spirit of the first goal thread, which of the freshmen will be the first to spend some quality time in the sin bin this season?

To make your prediction you need to:

- name the freshman you think will be the first to be called for a collegiate penalty, and

- list during which period of which NCAA game* he will do it (as a tie-breaker).

As before, the winner gets absolutely nothing save for bragging rights.

As a help, the expected freshmen on the roster are:

Forwards: Ryan Duncan, Andrew Kozek, Ryan Martens, Brad Miller, TJ Oshie, Jonathan Toews, Matt Watkins

Defensemen: Todd Alexander, Taylor Chorney, Joe Finley, Zach Jones, Brian Lee

Goalie: Aaron Walski

The first few games of the schedule*:

1. October 8 v. Miami of Ohio (at Dayton, OH)

2. October 9 v. Michigan State (at Dayton, OH)

3. October 14 v. Northeastern (REA)

4. October 15 v. Northeastern (REA)

5. October 21 v. New Hampshire (at Durham, NH)

6. October 22 v. New Hampshire (at Durham, NH)

* The season opening exhibition against Manitoba does not count for this "sudo"-contest.

Finley, first 5 minutes of game against Miami.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling Finley is going to get called for a lot of penalties. He is going to get a lot of attention from the refs because of his size. That is one thing that I feel Smaby does well. He can play a physical game but does not get the needless penalties nearly as much as Greene did.

I already said it in the goal thread, but Finley will get it. 1 second into his shift. Todd Anderson will watch him step onto the ice and immediately call obstruction-interference on him just because he's so big.

Seriously though, Finley first 5 minutes of his ice time. 2 minutes contact to the head- elbowing.

With my cynicism towards the WCHA officials glowing brightly at the moment, a though occurred to me:

Anderson and Shepherd have never been one to only send one when they could get two...

So I change my vote!

Finley and Jones go 5 minutes into the first period on Oct. 8th. Typical bs penalties, but ones that will most suredly please the home crowd of CCHA fans.

Finley and Jones go 5 minutes into the first period on Oct. 8th.  Typical bs penalties, but ones that will most suredly please the home crowd of CCHA fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wondering why a WCHA official would be reffing a game in Dayton, Ohio. Why wouldn't there be CCHA officials?