SiouxSports.com Forum

4.00 GPAs!

The Sicatoka

Its not like UND is paying for any of them, so who cares if they have 40 guys out. Thats probably 30 guys who are out for the team cause they love baseball and want something to do and are doing it for free. More power to em.

When MLB teams have a 25 man roster, it just seems like 40 players is alot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Major league baseall actually has a 40 man roster (25 man immediate roster) to take from with that expanding in September to bring up prospects and vets to help out or give the youngsters some experience.

Basically all the Sioux guys are walk ons. Even the scholarship players earn little money. It really doesn't seem like that many to me. Especially when you consider that they have 18 freshman on the team. Many of the 40 on UND are redshirts.

if you do the math....40 players....2.35 scholarships....thats a lot of kids paying their own way..thats kids who are raising the enrollment...kids who are increasing the amount of money circulating the campus....seems good to me...in fact some of the other sports should up their team totals too...to keep in compliance with good old title 9.....and i wont mention any specific sports...

exactly diggler, some of these posts are funny regarding your statement.you were just making a simple point, not asking for baseball players to be cut..wow!!

I have no problem with 40 players being on the team and wasn't complaining, I just thought it was alot and was suprised.  There could be 100 on the team for all I care.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Major league baseall actually has a 40 man roster (25 man immediate roster) to take from with that expanding in September to bring up prospects and vets to help out or give the youngsters some experience. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh??

it expands from 25 to 40 in August, doesn't it?

Erik Fabian is very clever.

Signed, Judd Stevens

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Erik Fabian is having a night"!! Gary Thorne after Fabian's second goal. That was awesome lifted Stevens stick and shot it. This has been a long offseason, I need some Fighting Sioux hockey.