SiouxSports.com Forum

Authentic Sioux Hockey Jerseys

Uncle_Rico

Yes, the difference is that the Bookstore is selling Koronis jerseys, which while made out of dazzle material are still just replicas. The ones sold at REA are Nike authentics.

Problems with the Koronis jersey:

Overall Jersey Design

• It is composed of several different pieces of material. The front, the back, the two sides, the two underarms and the two sleeves.  The jersey should be made of just one piece of material I believe.

• It only doubles back a small amount at the bottom of the jersey. It should double back much more, like any typical hockey jersey does.

• It does not have double elbows or double stitching. It also doesn't have a fight strap, but replicas don't usually have a fight strap so this ok.

• The green is not the correct color. It is a bit too light.

• End of the sleeves are too narrow.
    • The white jerseys have green on black letters.  This is not correct. On white jerseys it is black on white on green letters.  There is a similair problem with the black jersey.

• The logo is not correct, it is too light in color, lacking detail and too small. 

• I do not believe the actual letters and logo are the correct material.

• Because it is not the real thing, they have small TM next to the shoulder patches and on the logo.

• The size of the letters on the jersey is too large in length and they are not angled correctly. The "Sioux" noticably angles up and then back down when it should be nearly straight.

Sides and Collar of Jersey

• The side of the jersey is not correct. The two secondary colors (i.e. green and black on a white jerseys) end. The only color on the sides of the jersey is the main color (i.e. white on a white jersey). Each color should go all the way around jersey. 

• The collar is incorrect as the diamonds are too large.

• Assuming you are wearing it. the right side of the collar overlaps the left side. The two sides should meet without any overlapping.

• The colors on collar on the black jersey are in the incorrect order from top to bottom going green, white, black.  It should be black, white, green.

• Collar is too thing.

Diagonal Striping at bottom of Jersey

[*]Due to problem mentioned above about the sides of the jersey, the stripes do not meet in the center (or at least near the center) of the jersey.

[*]Top strip is too thin/Middle strip too thick.

[*]It is difficult to see in a picture, but no colors are sewn on top of others.  The main color should be sewn on top of the two secondary colors (i.e. white should be sewn on top of black and green on a white jersey). The same thing goes for the sleeves.

[*]The color that is at the top(i.e. black diagonal line on the white jersey); The left side and the right side both extend to the bottom of the jersey.  Assuming you are wearing it, the left side should extend to the bottom of the jersey and the right side should stop where it meets the left side.

[*]The primary color of the jersey should not extend to the bottom of the jersey on the left.  It should end when it meets the top secondary color.

Here is an authentic Nike jersey:

authwhtjersey0hl.jpg

Here is a Koronis jersey:

ds91059xl8ss.jpg

You can see the differences, the wrong color/type of letters and logo, the lack of colors on the sides of the jersey, no double stitching, wrong collar, problems with diagonal striping, etc.

UND should hire me for all this pointless knowledge.  Heck, I'd settle for them just giving me a free jersey  :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow!

After that lengthy and detailed diatribe on the differences between the Nike and Koronis I almost feel that I should throw out my Koronis jereseys but they're the only ones I have.

I guess if you want authentic, you must pay accordingly. I'll have to save my pennies for the Nike jersey and wear my Koronis until I can get it replaced.

I believe Koronis advertises their jereseys as authentic versus a replica (which is why I bought it several years ago). If this leads to a lengthy legal battle, I think Diggler should be the star witness :0

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

After that lengthy and detailed diatribe on the differences between the Nike and Koronis I almost feel that I should throw out my Koronis jereseys but they're the only ones I have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, you should. :0

I don't know about the lawsuit. The fact that I would be helping Nike take out a much smaller and friendlier company in Koronis would make me a bit uneasy. Of course should I be given the requisite jersey, I'll take Koronis down. :ohmy:

Yes, the difference is that the Bookstore is selling Koronis jerseys, which while made out of dazzle material are still just replicas. The ones sold at REA are Nike authentics.

Problems with the Koronis jersey:

Overall Jersey Design

• It is composed of several different pieces of material. The front, the back, the two sides, the two underarms and the two sleeves.  The jersey should be made of just one piece of material I believe.

• It only doubles back a small amount at the bottom of the jersey. It should double back much more, like any typical hockey jersey does.

• It does not have double elbows or double stitching. It also doesn't have a fight strap, but replicas don't usually have a fight strap so this ok.

• The green is not the correct color. It is a bit too light.

• End of the sleeves are too narrow.
    • The white jerseys have green on black letters.  This is not correct. On white jerseys it is black on white on green letters.  There is a similair problem with the black jersey.

• The logo is not correct, it is too light in color, lacking detail and too small. 

• I do not believe the actual letters and logo are the correct material.

• Because it is not the real thing, they have small TM next to the shoulder patches and on the logo.

• The size of the letters on the jersey is too large in length and they are not angled correctly. The "Sioux" noticably angles up and then back down when it should be nearly straight.

Sides and Collar of Jersey

• The side of the jersey is not correct. The two secondary colors (i.e. green and black on a white jerseys) end. The only color on the sides of the jersey is the main color (i.e. white on a white jersey). Each color should go all the way around jersey. 

• The collar is incorrect as the diamonds are too large.

• Assuming you are wearing it. the right side of the collar overlaps the left side. The two sides should meet without any overlapping.

• The colors on collar on the black jersey are in the incorrect order from top to bottom going green, white, black.  It should be black, white, green.

• Collar is too thing.

Diagonal Striping at bottom of Jersey

[*]Due to problem mentioned above about the sides of the jersey, the stripes do not meet in the center (or at least near the center) of the jersey.

[*]Top strip is too thin/Middle strip too thick.

[*]It is difficult to see in a picture, but no colors are sewn on top of others.  The main color should be sewn on top of the two secondary colors (i.e. white should be sewn on top of black and green on a white jersey). The same thing goes for the sleeves.

[*]The color that is at the top(i.e. black diagonal line on the white jersey); The left side and the right side both extend to the bottom of the jersey.  Assuming you are wearing it, the left side should extend to the bottom of the jersey and the right side should stop where it meets the left side.

[*]The primary color of the jersey should not extend to the bottom of the jersey on the left.  It should end when it meets the top secondary color.

Here is an authentic Nike jersey:

authwhtjersey0hl.jpg

Here is a Koronis jersey:

ds91059xl8ss.jpg

You can see the differences, the wrong color/type of letters and logo, the lack of colors on the sides of the jersey, no double stitching, wrong collar, problems with diagonal striping, etc.

UND should hire me for all this pointless knowledge.  Heck, I'd settle for them just giving me a free jersey  :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have way too much time on your hands...good analysis though... :0

Given the level of detail you have presented here, it's hard to believe that you don't have one of each in your possession...great job tho. I think the Ralph should give you a jersey since I'm sure many more people will purchase an authentic rather than the cheaper and inferior copycat. If anyone here orders a jersey as a result of Diggler's comments, give him credit in the comments box on the order form and we'll rally REA to cough one up. I'm positive that if we write them a letter, explain how key his analysis was to our decisions to purchase an authentic jersey and enclose $197.33, they'll be glad to give diggler a jersey...

I'm not sure why you'd have to pay nearly $20 more for the jersey then REA is selling it for, but I'm all for what the result would be. :0 After many hours of thinking, I figured it out. It's called tax. I'm an idiot!

But if you include the money, they'd be glad to give Saddam Hussien a jersey. Now if you could somehow convince them to give the jersey away, that would be quite an accomplishment. :ohmy:

Damn....some critique! Thanks for the info...Like I said I bought a Nike replica and am totally satisfied with the quality, much better than the SP replica I have from my hometown ECHL team. I remember the girl I talked to at REA said something about the differences also but didnt go into so much detail, just said the logo was wrong on the Bookstore jersey. I might have to get one so I can show off to all the sioux fans in Bakersfield, seriously alot of alumni in this town!

Good Lord Diggler.  What are you going to do for an oncour?  Compare and contrasts the North Dakota Football jersey's that the team actually wears to one of the replicas sold at the UND Bookstore?  ;)  :ohmy:  :0  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's spelled encore. ;)

And I was only on the 5 year plan. Just because I'm still taking classes, doesn't mean I haven't graduated. My degree proves that I actually did graduate! Which I finally put to use by making that HoF quality post. I'm not sure how it was used since I just compared the two pictures, but I'm gonna go with it.;)

Just not ready to to face the cold, cruel, non-academic world? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. I'm trying to do that right now, without much success. Stupid Grand Forks. :0 I actually just want to keep going to hockey games and I've found this is a rather inexpensive way to get good seats. :ohmy:

I don't think the jerseys have the WCHA logo on them, but I haven't been to REA, so I'm not 100% sure. This brings up another problem with the Koronis jersey, the WCHA logo is on the wrong shoulder. It is on the left shoulder, when it should be on the right. It is also much too low. It should be about half way up the collar, but instead is a couple inches below the collar.

I need help. ;)

diggler, btw thx for the info, did not mean to put you on the spot but i knew you wouldn't let me down with this one :ohmy:

Actually it indicates that I have no life and that carries over to this day.  I never went to the library except when I was forced to for some stupid papers. My study habits sucked and still do.  :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know where I could get one of the mid- 90's jerseys that said"North Dakota" across the chest? Personally, it is my least favorite UND jersey but it is what they wore when I attended the university.

Also a side note about the retro "blackhawk" jersey, Tom Nicoterra at Koronis has been very helpful and is apparently very familiar with the old sioux jerseys.