SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Minot please win a first round game next year so we don't have to listen to Wilbur complain about the Red River fans? Red River fans throw stuff, the goal was no good, geez get over it.

Everytime a #1 seed Minot team loses to the #4 East seed, it sets back west hockey even more than it aleady is.

Yeah, it has everything to do with Minot losing their first round game. And boy, attending college in Grand Forks sure makes me hate Red River. :D

Take off your red colored glasses and grow up. If you weren't as biased as Lou Nanne maybe I would take what you have to say seriously... :D

PS: One quick question though. Never mind, I won't get a decent response...

Well, congrats to Fargo South on their victory in another close game.

So, now, the challenge is out!

riders06 and crew: Whatcha gonna do? Gonna skip the site for a while? Gonna accuse South of doing something dirty/classless/cheating to win? Or are you going to take the high road and simply say that "Fargo South ended up on top. Congrats to the Fargo South Bruins on a great game and a great season."?

-------------------------

I can't think of a better top three:

1. Fargo South

2. Grand Forks Red River

3. Grand Forks Central

And the best honorable mention: Grafton/Park River.

Gosh I wish the Bruins hockey team was worth a crap while I was at South. :D (Maybe they were, but I guess I didn't notice) In case you are wondering, I was at South from 1991 to 1995

Well, congrats to Fargo South on their victory in another close game.

So, now, the challenge is out!

riders06 and crew: Whatcha gonna do? Gonna skip the site for a while? Gonna accuse South of doing something dirty/classless/cheating to win? Or are you going to take the high road and simply say that "Fargo South ended up on top. Congrats to the Fargo South Bruins on a great game and a great season."?

-------------------------

I can't think of a better top three:

1. Fargo South

2. Grand Forks Red River

3. Grand Forks Central

And the best honorable mention: Grafton/Park River.

Gosh I wish the Bruins hockey team was worth a crap while I was at South. :D (Maybe they were, but I guess I didn't notice) In case you are wondering, I was at South from 1991 to 1995

Hey they got wat they deserved (south) night job

The high school hockey official rules are based on USA Hockey rules. I stress "based." Which means they are not exactly the same. Technically it should not have been a 5 and a game. You need to learn the high school rules before you can question a call in a high school game. So i really do not know why you guys are bringing up USA hockey rules in this situation.

Sorry I thought they would use USA Hockey rules...can you link me to the official high school rules?

Congrats to Fargo South on the victory. A well deserved win in a game that could have gone either way. Deichert and Rosendahl both made some tremendous saves in goal which made the game that much more exciting to watch. I bet if these teams played ten times the outcome would be 5-5. Its sad to see players like Mihulka, Weisgarber and Galt graduate, but I'm sure we'll see them somewhere down the road. :D

Congrats as well to Al Henry of Devils Lake. I've talked a lot about the guy the past few weeks, and he is very deserving of the coach of the year honor. I'm anxious to see what he'll be able to do with Devils Lake in the east region next season.

South has now won 3 state titles since 1994. Only Red River has more during that time.

Last year I thought South had a good chance to win state and was told by a few people that "Fargo people say that every year" and it turned out I was wrong... last year. This year I once again thought they had a good chance and, once again, was informed that "Fargo people say that every year". Use that arrogant phrase every year and it's bound to eventually blow up in your face. I wonder what the "Fargo people say that every year" crowd has to say for themselves now?

Good game, South deserved to win, end of story for this year.

I would hold off on the dynasty thoughts for awhile. In addition to Red River's success, Central also has won three titles since 1995. In a state where only 4 teams have a legit shot at the title year in and year out (sorry Wilbur, Minot ain't one of them) 3 titles in a 12 year span is about what a team should average.

I am definitely not a South fan, but I am glad that the goalie did well after what he had to go through this year.

One hell of game that was. Props to both teams and congrats to south and a championship. Hard fought games both ways, coulda gone either way like alll there games this year. Ending the year 2-2 against eachother with a total score of 9-9, cant get a better match up then this.

Look forward to next year, i expect to see that same two teams fighting for the championship again.

South has now won 3 state titles since 1994. Only Red River has more during that time.

Last year I thought South had a good chance to win state and was told by a few people that "Fargo people say that every year" and it turned out I was wrong... last year. This year I once again thought they had a good chance and, once again, was informed that "Fargo people say that every year". Use that arrogant phrase every year and it's bound to eventually blow up in your face. I wonder what the "Fargo people say that every year" crowd has to say for themselves now?

Congratulations to Fargo South on a great win. I look forward to watching some of their players in the future as they continue their hockey careers.

DaveK,

I am one of the people who disagrees that there is a 'passing of the torch' to Fargo South, even with this vicotry. However, I did state earlier in this thread that they were 'heavy favorites' in my mind, so I am not surprised with the outcome. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out in the future. My difference of opinion is just that -- nothing personal.

I hope the hockey tournament went well. It's good that they have it in Grand Forks. There has been only minimial following or coverage anywhere else in the state. But that is to be expected I guess with no hockey interest from the general sports fan!! What was the attendance, the arena looked empty on the Thursday & Friday TV highlights?

All tournament team as i remember.

P. Cambell

T. Camebll

A. Peterson

E.Galt

P. Weisgarber

I think G. Larson

S. Deichart

M. Mihulka

MVP: Mark Mihulka

All EDC, All State, All Tournament, Tournament MVP, and not even a Mr. Hockey finalist?? They need to get rid of the automatic bids thing, particularly from the west.

great state tournament , i thought south would meet red river in the championship and it was a great game, congrats to weisgarber on Mr hockey and all the kids that made the all tourney team and all state honors. the championship game was a good battle but weisgarber was the difference. players like galt deichert and mihulka were fun to watch. its great to see a team like south win it as they have been so dedicated to winning a state title. the tournament officials were pretty good as far as i could tell and the guys behind the scenes that helped out at the ralph did a good job with coordinating the tounrnament. the only flaw in games i saw were the counting of shots, they were way off as some teams registered way more shots then what was "indicated" on the scoreboard or in the newspapers which gives some goalies less credit then they deserve but besides that lots of fun to watch and good luck to everyone next season and everyong moving on in the hockey world

I hope the hockey tournament went well. It's good that they have it in Grand Forks. There has been only minimial following or coverage anywhere else in the state. But that is to be expected I guess with no hockey interest from the general sports fan!! What was the attendance, the arena looked empty on the Thursday & Friday TV highlights?

It's a big arena so it will look pretty empty even if there are a lot of people. Thursday it was pretty empty, especially for the games without a Grand Forks team. Friday night it started out pretty empty but steadily filled up until the end of the night when I thought it was pretty full. Tonight it wasn't packed but there were a lot of people there. I've been to state basketball and that's alright, but I'll take state hockey any day! Great kids, great teams, and best of all great games! I hope to be able to make it up there every year, at least for a few of the games.

It's a big arena so it will look pretty empty even if there are a lot of people. Thursday it was pretty empty, especially for the games without a Grand Forks team. Friday night it started out pretty empty but steadily filled up until the end of the night when I thought it was pretty full. Tonight it wasn't packed but there were a lot of people there. I've been to state basketball and that's alright, but I'll take state hockey any day! Great kids, great teams, and best of all great games! I hope to be able to make it up there every year, at least for a few of the games.

You have to understand this poster "Jamestown" is a tool Bison fan and is horribly jealous about UND and the hockey program. He is just posting this trying to stir the pot and piss off hockey fans. The reason hockey doesn't get the numbers of say a basketball state tournament (at leat B state tourney, A doesn't draw that well) is that it is a much more difficult sport to play. The facilties required are not in every small town in ND, but they all have gyms to play BB in. People that haven't been exposed to the sport certainly aren't going to be fans of it. I have trouble watching BB it is a horribly borring most of the time. I will take a bad hockey game over a good BB game any day.

P. Cambell

T. Camebll

A. Peterson

E.Galt

P. Weisgarber

I think G. Larson

S. Deichart

M. Mihulka

All EDC, All State, All Tournamen, Tournament MVP, and not even a Mr. Hokcey finalist?? They need to get rid of the automatic bids thing, particularly from the west.

A) They are not going to get rid of the West selection. Get over it ... Move on ... Get a life.

B) Nice spelling, Junior!

P. Cambell

T. Camebll

A. Peterson

E.Galt

P. Weisgarber

I think G. Larson

S. Deichart

M. Mihulka

All EDC, All State, All Tournamen, Tournament MVP, and not even a Mr. Hokcey finalist?? They need to get rid of the automatic bids thing, particularly from the west.

I'm sure that someone has posted this, but Mihulka, T. Campbell and P. Campbell are first cousins..Pretty interesting trivia a few years from now...

What a year, thanks to all the players who made this season so fun from November 22 all the way to the horn last night at the state championship. Good luck to all the seniors who have played their last games and all the underclassmen give us a year half as competitive as this one and we'll be treated to another great season.

Congratulations to Fargo South on bringing home their third State Championship last night. A well played game that could have easily gone the other way. Also a special congradulations to Paul Weisgarber on winning Mr. Hockey. Hopefully he will have a good rest of the season with the FM Jets. A special congratulations to Sean Deichart on winning the State Title in just a few weeks after the death of his father. I give all the props to Fargo South, even though I feel they did not play their best game. Neither team played their best game, but credit Fargo South for having just enough to come out on top. Hopefully next year will be just as exciting as this year was.

Congratulations to Fargo South on bringing home their third State Championship last night. A well played game that could have easily gone the other way. Also a special congradulations to Paul Weisgarber on winning Mr. Hockey. Hopefully he will have a good rest of the season with the FM Jets. A special congratulations to Sean Deichart on winning the State Title in just a few weeks after the death of his father. I give all the props to Fargo South, even though I feel they did not play their best game. Neither team played their best game, but credit Fargo South for having just enough to come out on top. Hopefully next year will be just as exciting as this year was.

This year was a lot better tourny than last year. Especially the championship game with more quality scoring chances.