SiouxSports.com Forum

See ya later Matt Greene

pro17

Just a quick thought or two here, 1. There is no doubt in my mind thet Greene has been working out in GF this summer, take that for what it is worth.  2.  I would be very suprised to see him in a Sioux jersey next year, again take it for what it is worth but look at all the facts here folks.  Nothing is official yet, and whatever he decides will be fine with me, but the next couple years will be great with or without him, it's just some thing that you get used to being a Sioux fan I guess.  He's not thefirst one in this situation nor will he be the last.  Good luck to you Matt whatever road you choose.  You will always be part of the Sioux Family no matter what.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All good points and maybe the Oilers won't sign him. They already have most of their proven NHL D-men signed for this season and don't forget that they suspended operations of there AHL farm team for this season. See the story at http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story.asp...Name=nhl-oilers

Therefore, unless they are sure they have room for Matt on the big team or can give him that sense he would in fact be loaned out to some other teams farm team instead and at the Oiler's expense. If they leave him at UND, it costs them nothing extra and they know that they would have him in time for the playoffs if injuries should happen to take their toll over the course of the season.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edmonton signed a deal with the Iowa Stars of the AHL for this year, so Matt would be playing for them if he's not playing for the Oilers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes they did but it is only an affiliation as Iowa is the farm team for Dallas Stars. Therefore, I would be surprised if they could accomodate more than half a dozen Edmonton players. Therefore, the challenge for Edmonton remains as what to do with all the talent they had on their own AHL team from last season. I am only saying that they still may not have room for Green this season.

At what date would Green be unable to be picked up by Edmonton?  Could he leave during the season once UND has begun playing its schedule?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he can leave at any time. Didn't Paul Kariya leave Maine around Christmas during his sophomre season?