SiouxSports.com Forum

Notable Quotes

dagies

There were quite a number of excellent quotes that have shown up in various sources over the past few weeks. Knowing that I'd someday want to find one or two of them, others may as well. While I'll try to keep my own list, maybe people would be interested in throwing their most excellent quotes in this thread, and a year from now you might be able to find it if you are looking for it.

Here are my favorites as of late

"There

Actually, I wouldn't include the Zajac "quote" because it's only a paraphrased version of what he really said. It might be accurate and it might not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard from a good source that the quote came from an exact transcript... :lol:

How bout if I paraphrase Coach Hakstol paraphrasing Rory McMahon in response to the Gopher players and coaches downplaying their 3rd place loss to UND in the Finzl 5 "I am not sure about Minnesota, but every time I put on the Sioux jersey, it means something!"

I liked this Bill Clement quote: "There's no team that says 'All right! We get to play North Dakota again!.'"

Here are some quotes that didn't make it into my USCHO stories.

Dave Hakstol on Matt Greene's DWI arrest:

"You learn from every experience you have. Matt Greene learned something along the way. He could have made something negative out of it or used it as a positive. He did learn from it. We all have ups and down in life and we all make mistakes. He didn

"Dave's a mess"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just in case Coach Hakstol or one of the players looks in, the "Dave's a mess" was obviously not a slam on Dave Hakstol. I just piped in on Notable Quotes and saw "Dave's a killer" and added a quote out of the movie Slap Shot without realizing the quotes were all about Sioux hockey.

I liked this Bill Clement quote: "There's no team that says 'All right! We get to play North Dakota again!.'"

Here are some quotes that didn't make it into my USCHO stories.

Dave Hakstol on Matt Greene's DWI arrest:

"You learn from every experience you have. Matt Greene learned something along the way. He could have made something negative out of it or used it as a positive. He did learn from it. We all have ups and down in life and we all make mistakes. He didn

Just in case Coach Hakstol or one of the players looks in, the "Dave's a mess" was obviously not a slam on Dave Hakstol. I just piped in on Notable Quotes and saw "Dave's a killer" and added a quote out of the movie Slap Shot without realizing the quotes were all about Sioux hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd be willing to bet that they've seen Slap Shot ;)

Heeeey Hanrahan! :lol:

Boston College and Boston University hockey fans rarely agree on much, but they are in concert on one thought this morning: Man, those guys in the garish green sure are good. And big. And humiliating. --- Boston Globe, 27 March 2005

Hey, we beat those two in one weekend. When does our Beanpot Trophy get here? :silly:

Vaht?

Rastislav Spirko after a sudo-reporter asked him.........pretty much anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now c'mon. Rastislav "Sparky" Spirko speaks English very well.

Watzisnaem "Perky" Sparko, on the other hand, not so much. :silly:

Gino Gasparini last July on the hiring of Dave Hakstol:

"I don't know that there's ever been a coach hired at North Dakota that didn't go through some adjustment or some controversy. I think that's inherent to every high-level job in any sport at any university. You make the appointments and you live with them. You don't make wrong decisions intentionally."

Roger Thomas last July on Haktol's hiring:

"Certainly success gives you your credentials as a coach. It puts any doubts that people have to bed. If you're not successful, the wolves are back out again, but that's part of the business."