Hirsch is offically fair game

rorwizard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would hope people with some current mental issues wouldn't be cleared to play....he would be put in a very pressure packed situation.  I would agree he is fair game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure there are players that are depressed or have some type of anxiety. It depends on what the issue is, which is why the facts would be nice. As far as on the ice, he his fair game and I hope he gets knocked all over.

I think it was stated before on another post, Hirsch wasn't happy with the outcome of the Colorado College game at the WCHA Final Five. It was a bizzare display that was caught on tape and shown all over the internet, therefore it became an embarrassing situation for him and the gophers. Many players have gotten very upset after big sporting events, most show their outrage in the locker room or somewhere else where there are no cameras. I don't wish anything bad on Tyler Hirsch, but he is fair game now and I hope his team gets their ass kicked on Thursday night. GO SIOUX

And we are all glad he did. What an embarassment to his program and school. Someone else for Prpich to verbally victimize on Thursday night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would Hirsch be an embarrassment to his program and school if he was a team captain and arrested for drunk driving? Or arrested for theft? Or pleading guilty to a felony?

Would Hirsch be an embarrassment to his program and school if he was a team captain and arrested for drunk driving? Or arrested for theft? Or pleading guilty to a felony?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Based on how your fellow Gopher fans have treated these situations with Sioux players, I'd say yes. :lol:

Edited by PCM

Based on how your fellow Gopher fans have treated these situations with Sioux players, I'd say yes. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woah, woah, woah!! Are you saying the Sioux had a team captain arrested for drunk driving? I don't remember Sioux_Hab-it calling him an embarrassment to his team or his school. If I remember correctly he said the following "Understand that the guy is human and that he made a mistake".

As a gopher fan, I'm not embarrassed by his behavior one bit. And the Program wa snot shamed in the least bit. You're reaching for straws here. The kid did something dumb, not shamefull or disrespectful. the only person it made look bad was himself. And in the grand scheme of things, it wasn;t even taht bad. Like I said, it was stupid more than anything.

As a gopher fan, I'm not embarrassed by his behavior one bit. And the Program wa snot shamed in the least bit. You're reaching for straws here. The kid did something dumb, not shamefull or disrespectful. the only person it made look bad was himself. And in the grand scheme of things, it wasn;t even taht bad. Like I said, it was stupid more than anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This kind of post is why it is frustrating to deal with Gopher fans on this deal. You are basically saying the guy did something stupid, so if anyone feels the need to do it, rip on him. However, after someone rips on him, another Gopher fan will say that it isn't right to make fun of some one with mental health issues. That is why I have been pushing for the facts, which of course pissed off at least one Gopher fan. Since Gopher fans are never happy, I hope they are really upset on Thursday night. :lol:

As a gopher fan, I'm not embarrassed by his behavior one bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a Sioux fan, I was embarassed when people asked me who DMB was. :lol: I hope the UND players don't get distracted with Hirsch. They need to play him like they would any other game. If UND wins, then they might want to stay on the ice a little longer just in case. :0

Woah, woah, woah!! Are you saying the Sioux had a team captain arrested for drunk driving?

Yes. Where have you been?

I don't remember Sioux_Hab-it calling him an embarrassment to his team or his school. If I remember correctly he said the following "Understand that the guy is human and that he made a mistake".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some Sioux fans were more forgiving of Matt Greene than others, just as some Gopher fans have been more forgiving of Tyler Hirsch than others.

But that's not my point.

My point was that Gopher fans never cut Bochenski, Brandt or Greene any slack for their mistakes. And yet they come here demanding the Hirsch be treated be given a pass for his mistake.

Can you say double standard?

Some Sioux fans were more forgiving of Matt Greene than others, just as some Gopher fans have been more forgiving of Tyler Hirsch than others.

But that's not my point.

My point was that Gopher fans never cut Bochenski, Brandt or Greene any slack for their mistakes. And yet they come here demanding the Hirsch be treated be given a pass for his mistake.

Can you say double standard?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Futhermore, none of them had a temper tantrum in front of a live audience. Very unprofessional behaviour from a hockey player. Glad it was a Gopher.

Futhermore, none of them had a temper tantrum in front of a live audience. Very unprofessional behaviour from a hockey player. Glad it was a Gopher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make all the signs you want.

I was referring to your ridiculous claim that Hirsch is an embarrassment to his program and school. Is Greene an embarrassment to his program and his school? Is Brandt? Was Bochenski?

Make all the signs you want.

I was referring to your ridiculous claim that Hirsch is an embarrassment to his program and school. Is Greene an embarrassment to his program and his school? Is Brandt? Was Bochenski?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Based on how your fellow Gopher fans have treated these situations with Sioux players, I'd say yes. " :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The hockey goal and damage to the boards. $750.

Forgetting your hockey stick at center ice. $197

A rink side seat to watch the Sioux pound the Gophers. Priceless.

If I wanted to be an ass, I would have inserted Psychiatric consultation. $250. (Don't fool yourselves.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a Gopher fan - and I am embarrassed by his behavior. It was shameful and disrespectful

I was referring to your ridiculous claim that Hirsch is an embarrassment to his program and school.

Well, he is. The video clip of of Tyler's antics has circulated far and wide, thanks to the Internet. Do you think that's good publicity for the U of M?

Is Greene an embarrassment to his program and his school?
Yes. But he has accepted responsiblity for what he did and admitted that it was wrong.

Is Brandt?

Yes. He's also admitted that it was a dumb thing to do and has kept his nose clean since then.

Was Bochenski?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bochenski did what he did before he joined the team. To the best of my knowledge, he conducted himself well as a player and as a student during his three years at UND. He was also a Hobey Baker candidate and an All-American. Under those circumstances, I'd say he was a credit to the program and the school.

If this was a Sioux player, I'd be really embarrassed. Now that it looks like Hirsch has no long term mental problems, it makes what happened look that much worse. I still stand by my prediction that he will be more of a distraction.

Bochenski did what he did before he joined the team. To the best of my knowledge, he conducted himself well as a player and as a student during his three years at UND. He was also a Hobey Baker candidate and an All-American. Under those circumstances, I'd say he was a credit to the program and the school.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>