SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Heard some guy on the Fan from Fargo today lying through his teeth about how UND players thought they had it in the bag and that they thought Potulny and Irmen were overrated. I don't know why a Sioux fan would ask that question on the coaches show to begin with knowing how it would be bulletin board material, but I wouldn't have answered the overrated player, only the underrated. The same person that asked that question is the same one who always asks the coaches about recruits--he just doesn't get it. It is pretty lame however to be a gopher fan in Fargo and make up stuff from the coaches show and pass it off as fact in order to get a rise out of Dubay and get his team pumped up on outright lies. I honestly believe he has become a Bison fan and can't stand playing second fiddle to the Sioux again despite being Division 1.

TH call in on Dubay show (TH called in after the Fargo Gopher fan gave his screwed up version of what was said on the coach's show Wednesday). This caller has miles to go to gain sudo reporter status.

TH: Potulny and Irmen weren't even mentioned. Caller (on coach's show) asked about overated and underated Gophers, Tallackson and Harrington came up. The "slimy" guy was a compliment but was Sertich of CC, not a gopher player.

JD: BU wouldn't crack the top 5 in the WCHA

TH: Agreed, but BC is scary fast, faster than CC or Denver, getting the early lead was important, then stopping the BC PP. (I got the impression Dubay would like to believe BU and BC were inferior to top WCHA teams, only fair since we think Maine, Cornell were much inferior to all WCHA).

DB: Asked about fans calling for Hak's head earlier in season.

TH: Hak gave the team the "bag skate" after loss at UAA. Bring your skates only, skate until you hurl. Team turned around from that point on, puck started going into the net.

TH: Update on Bina. He'll be at Columbus, doing well, TH doesn't think he should play any more.

TH: Feels bad about being a "bumbling idiot" according to Gopher caller from Fargo. ;)

Hennesey will be on with Dubay shortly. Yeah, the Fargo gopher fan's comments certainly didn't match the PCM report on the coach's show, guess one hears what he wants to hear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can someone give a run down of what was said. I am sure he ate Puffy up. The man is not that sharp.

A few observations.

There was one person who called in to the UND coaches' show and seriously bashed the Gophers.

Hennessy talked about the dislike the Sioux and their fans have for the Gophers. I'm fairly certain that's not a secret.

Rory McMahon said Chris Harrington played well last season, but was overrated this season. Given some of the comments made by Gopher fans about Harrington's play, I don't think this should come as a shock to anyone.

As previously noted, Matt Greene's "slimey" comment was about CC's Sterling and Sertich and was intended as a compliment. Maybe some Gopher fans are upset that he didn't say any of Minnesota's players were slimey. ;)

Dubay just called posters on ss (regarding calling for Hak's head) a handfull of wierdos, a small part of the total fan base.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he was lumping all college hockey message board regulars together, not just the siouxsports.com group. How weird does that make me following three boards? ;)

I think he was lumping all college hockey message board regulars together, not just the siouxsports.com group. How weird does that make me following three boards? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dubay obviously hangs around the message boards. Wonder what user name he uses? Chance are cfm has called him Skippy :0

A few observations.

There was one person who called in to the UND coaches' show and seriously bashed the Gophers.

Hennessy talked about the dislike the Sioux and their fans have for the Gophers. I'm fairly certain that's not a secret.

Rory McMahon said Chris Harrington played well last season, but was overrated this season. Given some of the comments made by Gopher fans about Harrington's play, I don't think this should come as a shock to anyone.

As previously noted, Matt Greene's "slimey" comment was about CC's Sterling and Sertich and was intended as a compliment. Maybe some Gopher fans are upset that he didn't say any of Minnesota's players were slimey.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PCM is right I didn't hear them dissing any of the players from the Gophers.

I think he was lumping all college hockey message board regulars together, not just the siouxsports.com group.  How weird does that make me following three boards?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you put it that way, I guess I'm at six boards - SS, GPL, USCHO, BCHL, MN high school, Hockey's Future - but I don't post on all of them. Pretty weird.