Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 5

HEA - 4

ECACHL - 4

CCHA - 1

AHA - 1

CHA - 1

FROM USCHO

Who's in and who's out? How many spots remain?

In my best guesstimate, I think that the top 11 are in at the moment

Sioux are in the NCAAs and can possibly knock the Badgers out by beating them on Thursday if things don't fall Wisconsin's way int he other league playoffs.

They would not have Wisconsin play Denver in a first round matchup even if Wisconsin made it today.

The only issue I have with the PWR right now is having 4 ECACHL teams in the tourney. Colgate and Dartmouth are on the bubble and if things don't go their way they could easily be out. If Ohio State wins the CCHA playoffs one of these ECAC teams stays home.

They would not have Wisconsin play Denver in a first round matchup even if Wisconsin made it today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the USCHO article, they would. The no in-conference matchup rule can be overlooked if 5 teams from the same conference make the tourney.

Conference matchups in first round are avoided, unless five or more teams from one conference are selected, then the integrity of the bracket will be preserved.

According to the USCHO article, they would. The no in-conference matchup rule can be overlooked if 5 teams from the same conference make the tourney.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think the NCAA will have a first round intra-conference matchup unless the five WCHA teams are in a position of three #1's and two #4's and it is unavoidable.

If UW is a number four and UM/CC/DU are number ones I'll be shocked and disappointed if they force two WCHA schools to face off in the first round.

If they do that they are simply trying to protect the eastern bracket again, as they have every year since '02.

http://www.uscho.com/news/2005/03/14_010333.php

Monday's Brackets

(3-2-1 bonus)

Minneapolis:

Dartmouth vs. Minnesota

Maine vs. Cornell

Grand Rapids:

Bemidji State vs. Colorado College

Colgate vs. Michigan

Amherst:

Wisconsin vs. Denver

New Hampshire vs. Harvard

Worcester:

Quinnipiac vs. Boston College

North Dakota vs. Boston University

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 5

HEA - 4

ECACHL - 4

CCHA - 1

AHA - 1

CHA - 1

FROM USCHO

Who's in and who's out? How many spots remain?

In my best guesstimate, I think that the top 11 are in at the moment

I'm not a betting man (I detest betting, because I detest losing money:  That's right, I'm cheap and damn proud of it), but I say he plays as soon as BC's season moves to one-and-done mode.  Any takers?

A lot like Briggs being out for the season too?

Murray and Genoway?

Yep.

speakign of Briggs....

I think goon and redwing owe me something for JJ winning TWO post season games so far!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't see this before I posted the other thread regarding this bet.

Wow! JJ beat the Mavericks! Is Briggs going to be back for the NCAAs? If not, I'd LOVE to see how JJ fares against real competition. They aren't going to be playing the St. Simion of the Swamp hockey club team. :0

If those Brackets hold true, Denver gets hosed. If you're a number one, who would you rather play, Wisconsin or Dartmouse? I just hope they don't double up two brackets with WCHA teams like they did last year.

speakign of Briggs....

I think goon and redwing owe me something for JJ winning TWO post season games so far!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see how Don could put Briggs in the line up right now with J.J. playing as good as he is. I think J.J. has earned the right to play at least one more playoff game. But I am sure that other Sioux fans as well as I would welcome #34 back in the line up. UND seems to play well against Briggs.

Edited by Goon

I don't see how Don could put Briggs in the line up right now with J.J. playing as good as he is. I think J.J. has earned the right to play at least one more playoff game. But I am sure that other Sioux fans as well as I would welcome #34 back in the line up. UND seems to play well against Briggs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know the exact records, but I don't think UND fares too badly against either goaltender.

I forsee UND playing UMN for third place.

So does that mean they will move the 3rd place game to Saturday night? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YEP! :0

actually, I agree onthe match up....it will give us something to talk about since we haven't played each other since October....which is just plain wrong!

As for faring....well on the seires this year it was Gophers scoring 8 goals, UND 4...I'll take those odds! ;)

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In yesterday's Pioneer Press The Don said he'd probably play them both this weekend, he's just not sure in which order. Methinks we'll see JJ on Friday and KB on Saturday.

Just guessing, but most of us here probably really don't care what you think about who is going to be playing in goal for the Goofies there  GreyOne. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't speak for "most of us." Greyeagle has always been a respectful poster. I appreciate his insights on Gopher hockey.