SiouxSports.com Forum

Slip sliding away............

mikejm

the TUCs took a few odd turns last night also....unfortunatly for the Gophs we actaully need UW to win and not let UAA win to help out our TUC. And from what I can tell you guys DO need to win every game, otherwise, a few other teams winning and/or losing will help or hurt you easily if you don't.

Some odd goings on with Providence also out east.

WPoS

the TUCs took a few odd turns last night also....unfortunatly for the Gophs we actaully need UW to win and not let UAA win to help out our TUC.  And from what I can tell you guys DO need to win every game, otherwise, a few other teams winning and/or losing will help or hurt you easily if you don't.

Some odd goings on with Providence also out east.

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UND would still make the tourney even if UMD was able to manage to get two wins in the next two games against UND. However, UND still needs to win some games to get a more favorable seed.

UND wins, Wisconsin loses.  UND loses a spot, Wisconsin gains a spot.  That's messed up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It now looks like UND will make the tourney, based on their play this weekend, unless there are some serious lower team winning and it doesn't appear that it has happened as of yet.

I think UND could make some noise this season in the NCAA playoffs. I hope they get Harvard the first game like the Bracketology suggests, it would be nice to kick some EZAC a$$.

If UAA wins today I believe they would become a TUC which would help UND by improving our PWR and it would drop Bucky below us.  Go Seawolves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, UAA is a TUC, and that is why Bucky jumped the Sioux. Bucky is 5-1 against UAA this year, and that made a huge improvemet in their TUC record. Sioux fans should actually pull for Bucky to win. This would drop UAA from the TUCs and I'd actually rather play Bucky than UAA in the play-in game. Bucky is really slumping right now.

Also, pull for Ferris State over Ohio State, which would probably knock out the Buckeyes. Then as long as Michigan wins the CCHA tourney, only one CCHA team will get in.

Canisius losing in the AHA playoffs deprived the Sioux of some potential cheap TUC wins. The only way the Sioux are hurt is if Mercyhurst wins AHA, as that would give Wisconsin two and UNH one TUC win.

Even with only one weekend left there is still a lot that can happen. The Sioux have little chance of flipping the comparisons with any of the current PWR top 5, but the Harvard, Michigan and Wisconsin comparisons are all winnable. There is also the possibility of winning the Boston U. comparison. Of comparisons the Sioux currently win, most are pretty solid, with New Hampshire the most at risk, and Ohio State or Michigan State being a slight possibility if either can win the CCHA.

So it looks like UND is a solid #3 seed, with a fair chance at moving to a #2 with two wins or even a single win over Wisconsin if UAA isn't a TUC.