SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies - Saturday

blade

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats funny, it makes it even more special beating the Gophers in a house full of rodent fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this the last year we are playing the final 5? I just figured since Kessel was going to be a RODENT next year that the trophy would be given to them or so it seems with all the postings of this guy. :D

Is this the last year we are playing the final 5? I just figured since Kessel was going to be a RODENT next year that the trophy would be given to them or so it seems with all the postings of this guy. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please leave that name out of all our posts for the rest of the season. I can't wait until Toews buries one against the Gophers and then a few minutes later lays the punk out.

Well, that was fun series to be at...sitting in Sec 208 with the Sioux fans was great. I'd say at least a quarter of the fans in the building were Sioux fans. The most amazing thing to me last night was when the crowd started filing out with about 4 minutes to play. I guess being the first out of the parking lot after the game is a real priority at JBSU.

I noted that Schneider did not play. Anyone know the story? Did it have to do with his lack of disapline on Friday? Sorry if this was answered early.

I talked to Andy Murray between periods on Friday night and he told me the Brady has a full upper-body shoulder harness AND a full leg brace. I was watching Murray during warm-ups last night and he looks like he has lost alot of weight. He's nowhere near 180. He probably can't lift right now and that's got to affect him. He's having surgery the day after the season ends (ok, two days after, since April 10th is a Sunday)

Well, that was fun series to be at...sitting in Sec 208 with the Sioux fans was great.  I'd say at least a quarter of the fans in the building were Sioux fans. The most amazing thing to me last night was when the crowd started filing out with about 4 minutes to play. I guess being the first out of the parking lot after the game is a real priority at JBSU.

I noted that Schneider did not play. Anyone know the story? Did it have to do with his lack of disapline on Friday? Sorry if this was answered early.

I talked to Andy Murray between periods on Friday night and he told me the Brady has a full upper-body shoulder harness AND a full leg brace.  I was watching Murray during warm-ups last night and he looks like he has lost alot of weight. He's nowhere near 180. He probably can't lift right now and that's got to affect him. He's having surgery the day after the season ends (ok, two days after, since April 10th is a Sunday)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Virg says in the Heraldo that Andy was out w/ the flu. Good article, good game. I really like the play of the 4th line of late, and wouldn't mind seeing more of them. Last night, whenever momentum woud swing towards SC, it seemed that Hak would put the 4th line out and they would gain the mo back. Looks like Jordie really wants the starting 'tender position. Saw Andy Murray in the crowd both nights, and seemed to spend a lot of time talking to Sioux fans. Great to have a guy like this so seemingly down to earth, when I'm sure if he wanted, he could find a way to be separate from the crowd and aloof. Good showing of Sioux fans both nights. Adam was completely horrible both nights. Worst official to ever take the ice, IMHO. SC really gave new meaning to the word "backchecking" as that's what they were checking all weekend, the backs of Sioux players. Constantly with NO position, yet hooking, holding, tripping, cross-checking our boys form behind to ride them off the puck. The boys have a tough opening series against Sandy and his squad, but at least it'll be at home. Hopefully they can get two wins and make to the Final Five. I'll be up in GF cheering them on.

I think a real positive for this weekend is the play of the bottom couple of lines.

Last week I looked at stats and of the 9 forwards who had played on the last 2 lines (which included 2 D men who have played at forward, Bina and Marvin) they had scored a total of 11 goals over the year. Prpich had 6 of those goals. When I compared that to MN's last 10 forwards who had played the last 2 lines the total was 33 goals. THAT significantly points to part of our offensive problem right there.

Anyway, I had totalled all points, just goals.

This weekend, the forwards on that "bottom 9" list accounted for 2 of the 4 Sioux goals scored, and 8 of the total 12 points awarded to Sioux players.

Way to go, guys!