SiouxSports.com Forum

MN Mr Hockey

Let'sGoHawks!

I saw Connelly and Hummell last night and I wasn't impressed. The only ones I haven't seen are Anderson, Dee and Ambroz. I've heard about Anderson and Dee but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this Ambroz kid. I predict Oshie wins.

I saw Connelly and Hummell last night and I wasn't impressed.  The only ones I haven't seen are Anderson, Dee and Ambroz.  I've heard about Anderson and Dee but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this Ambroz kid.  I predict Oshie wins.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is three nice pick ups for you guys. The Mr. Hockey award is still a big deal, but not what it use to be. To many kids playing on the USNDT and in the USHL.

After listening to Lou Nanne ooh and ahh about Lee, I expect him to win it.

He said something to the extent of: Lee is the most heralded player in the last 15 years on MN high school hockey.

After listening to Lou Nanne ooh and ahh about Lee, I expect him to win it.

He said something to the extent of:  Lee is the most heralded player in the last 15 years on MN high school hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I heard him say that on the broadcast, I think that is going overboard. He has some great talent but he will have a big adjustment to make coming into the WCHA right out of high school. We will have 3 frosh playing regularly next year, four if you count Radke who will basically be a freshman all over again. They will have to learn in a hurry. We will be very solid at forward but D will be very inexperienced but with more offensive minded d-men.

He has some great talent but he will have a big adjustment to make coming into the WCHA right out of high school.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully he will have experienced the rigors of 3 playoff series and winning a Clark Cup Championship in the USHL playing for Lincoln before he plays in the WCHA. :blush:

I thought Lee was the best player I saw yesterday, no contest.  He reminds some of Leopold and I think Lee is going to drive me insane the next several year.  :blush:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lee did look great. He can hold the puck longer and make better passes than anyone else on the ice.

Number 28 for Duluth East looked very good to me as well as he consistantly lugged the puck out of the zone despite being under siege the first two periods by WBL forwards.

Moorhead and Holy Angels should be a very good matchup in the final. Likely decided by goaltending. I truly hope this year Moorhead can breakthrough in the Final, they have had too many great teams to not own a state title.

GE was watching WBL like a bad movie that you knew the ending to the whole time? I was pulling for them, but when DE tied it up I knew they were cooked.

GE and sagard, Nice of you guys to come over here and compliment Hakstol's sunnies on the day Lucia pulls the big musky into the boat.

Congrats and I'm not feeling too bad about the next couple of years either. I'll be hoping the demonstrated ability of certain freshmen defensemen to thrive in the WCHA is a repeatable event.

GE and sagard, Nice of you guys to come over here and compliment Hakstol's sunnies on the day Lucia pulls the big musky into the boat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm big fans of all those Moorhead/Warroad players until they are up against the Gophs. :blush:

loos - is that your brother on the Spuds?  He was a fun player to watch too.  What are his plans for post HS?

BTW - In my mind it will be an upset of epic proportions if the Spuds don't win this thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, he's actually my cousin. He hasn't had too many colleges talk to him, he will likely play in the USHL next year. I would like to seem him play with VandeVelde and Lee in a couple years :D but I don't see it happening unless he has a really good year in the USHL. He's disowned from the family if he pulls an Irmen :lol:

I'm still pissed I couldn't make it to St. Paul this weekend. Damn school :blush:

I thought Lee was the best player I saw yesterday, no contest.  He reminds some of Leopold and I think Lee is going to drive me insane the next several year.  :huh:  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can only hope. Lee had a good game again tonight along with Vandevellde.

Things are looking good for UND in the furture.

Anybody else think that Vandevelde was phenomenal last night. I might have to change my vote to him over Oshie now. Anyways that was the third time I saw him play and it was by far his best game. He must of had 10 or more shots on night and probably could have scored 6. At one point Lou Nanne was talking about him breaking the record for shots on goal in a game. He had I think 4 or 5 shots on goal in one shift in which Moorehead was shorthanded. He played amazing as did the whole Moorehead team.