SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-4) vs Waldorf (4-7) 12/12 7PM

sioux24/7

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

In a one bid league there is no reason why UND should not be playing Moorhead or Minot State. Fear of losing is a cop-out.

How about starting next year...........

crookston @ und

msu-moorhead @ ndac

northern state @ sdac

augie @ usd

wayne state @ omaha

concordia st paul @ st thomas

minnesota state @ denver

sw minnesota state @ oral roberts

winona state @ kansas city

next year reverse it the next year where summit travels to nsic

then take the conference that has the highest winning percentage and have an 8 or 16 team tourney in a city of their choice the next year........ Sioux Falls, Des Moines, or Minneapolis? Call it the Northern Summit Challenge @ the Denny

minot v und

mary v ndac

usd v northern state

sdac v augie

^^^^^^above at Denny if 2 eight team tourneys at 2 different sites?

below at Target Center if 2 eight team tourney at 2 different sites?

sioux falls v st thomas 

bemidji v omaha 

wayne state v oral roberts

duluth v denver

this isn't that hard.......or is it?

https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/11/mens-college-basketball-north-dakota-state-wins-game-108-14-jokes

30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

crookston @ und

msu-moorhead @ ndac

northern state @ sdac

augie @ usd

wayne state @ omaha

minnesota state @ denver

then take the conference that has the highest winning percentage and have an 8 or 16 team tourney in a city of their choice the next year........ Sioux Falls, Des Moines, or Minneapolis? Call it the Northern Summit Challenge @ the Denny

minot v und

mary v ndac

usd v northern state

sdac v augie

sioux falls v st thomas 

bemidji v omaha 

duluth v denver

https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/11/mens-college-basketball-north-dakota-state-wins-game-108-14-jokes

Yes, this sounds great and I believe everyone would jump at the chance to travel to play a NSIC team. Great work!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

crookston @ und

msu-moorhead @ ndac

northern state @ sdac

augie @ usd

wayne state @ omaha

minnesota state @ denver

minot v und

mary v ndac

usd v northern state

sdac v augie

sioux falls v st thomas 

bemidji v omaha 

duluth v denver

I said the scheduling talk had been exhausted but I will bite. So now we are going to create a conference battle with a D2? I don’t like that idea. I’m fine with playing one here or there but if we started traveling there or creating this yearly challenge then why are we even D1? The Big Sky/Summit challenge is a nice step. They had a challenge with the Horizon but Covid knocked it out. I don’t want a challenge with the NSIC. 

• Like 2

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

I said the scheduling talk had been exhausted but I will bite. So now we are going to create a conference battle with a D2? I don’t like that idea. I’m fine with playing one here or there but if we started traveling there or creating this yearly challenge then why are we even D1? The Big Sky/Summit challenge is a nice step. They had a challenge with the Horizon but Covid knocked it out. I don’t want a challenge with the NSIC. 

pinch your nose bc they are D2 but won't play them bc afraid to lose to them.........makes sense.

once again.......we/dak4/summit aren't surrounded by a ton of d1 schools.....gotta do what ya gotta do or just keep playing waldorf and vcsu

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

pinch your nose bc they are D2 but won't play them bc afraid to lose to them.........makes sense.

once again.......we/dak4/summit aren't surrounded by a ton of d1 schools.....gotta do what ya gotta do or just keep playing waldorf and vcsu

No this is a fantastic idea. NDSU, SDSU, USD, and UND would all agree to this. They would jump at the opportunity to go play in Aberdeen vs NSU or travel to Minot to play the Beavers. Your thinking is innovative and impressive. I think you are really on to something here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

No this is a fantastic idea. NDSU, SDSU, USD, and UND would all agree to this. They would jump at the opportunity to go play in Aberdeen vs NSU or travel to Minot to play the Beavers. Your thinking is innovative and impressive. I think you are really on to something here.

do it for the next 3 years and see what happens........would the "who is best or who is afraid of whom" be resolved if Summit went 14-4 or would the sh&t hit the fan if the NSIC went 14-4?

who would win the 2 eight team tourneys?  NSIC or Summit?

after 3 years if this wasn't a great idea......don't do it again.

or just keep scheduling waldorf.

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

super stat people.......when was the last time a summit team traveled to a nsic school?

My guess is never. Which is awful, it needs to change starting next year. Can't believe it's never happened since the "Summit League" has formed, all these D1 Summit schools should be ashamed of themselves and should play these NSIC schools. I'm upset!

33 minutes ago, SD UND said:

I think smell some sarcasm in this post......  Unfortunately no one wants us to get into a challenge with NSIC conference.   

1 minute ago, SD UND said:

My guess is never. Which is awful, it needs to change starting next year. Can't believe it's never happened since the "Summit League" has formed, all these D1 Summit schools should be ashamed of themselves and should play these NSIC schools. I'm upset!

let ge get this straight......we won't play them bc they are d2 or we won't travel to their campuses bc they are d2?

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

let ge get this straight......we won't play them bc they are d2 or we won't travel to their campuses bc they are d2?

Why would we ever want to paly D2 teams?  I thought you were joking when you came up with that tournament.  But I think you are actually serious.  Might as well go back to D2 if want to play D2 teams.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Probably because they are scaredy cats (hopefully i don't get reported for cat speak) 

I demand that UND plays 3 NSIC teams next year and one has to be on the road. If they don't I will be calling a meeting with AD William Chaves. This must stop.

Just now, SD UND said:

Probably because they are scaredy cats (hopefully i don't get reported for cat speak) 

I demand that UND plays 3 NSIC teams next year and one has to be on the road. If they don't I will be calling a meeting with AD William Chaves. This must stop.

Oh come on that has to be sarcasm...   :whistling:

Just now, NewUndFan said:

Oh come on that has to be sarcasm...   :whistling:

Not at all, I'm with @SIOUXFAN97 @GoodGood @McBuckets and @HoopsFan03 these games must stop and we must play NSIC teams +Jamestown. Plus we need to not play in a MTE over thanksgiving and do this NSIC v Summit Challenge. That way UND will be more prepared for Summit league play.

Just now, gfhockey said:

Or horizon challenge 

No idea, should be easy to get every team in the Summit League, Big Sky, OVC, and Horizon to agree to something like that every year. All these coaches and administrators should be ashamed that there isn't something like this. On top of the NSIC Summit challenge- they should add this next year, it's so simple

11 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Why would we ever want to paly D2 teams?  I thought you were joking when you came up with that tournament.  But I think you are actually serious.  Might as well go back to D2 if want to play D2 teams.  

so your better idea is oak hills bible college?