SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or USCHO. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

From Suite 49 sports grill near beautiful Ralph Engelstad Arena, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux hockey coach Dave Hakstol.

TH: The Sioux had a three point weekend against the Badgers and will close out the season at St. Cloud. The people I

From Suite 49 sports grill near beautiful Ralph Engelstad Arena, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux hockey coach Dave Hakstol.

TH: The Sioux had a three point weekend against the Badgers and will close out the season at St. Cloud. The people I

I'm so happy for Colby that he's only got a bruise. It sounded like it could have been more serious. Hope he's ready to play soon.

Great to hear Murray might play this weekend. Sounds like they will be responsible about deciding whether he will play.

Loved this quote

He hit Earl once, and I

I CAN'T believe Tim would ask about Kessel.  Sagard must have slipped him something, money or otherwise.....

Can't wait for Friday.  I'll finally get to see a game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was a lot easier than that. I just compared him to Parise and TH clamped it on me as took over. :blush:

Genoways injury sounds rediculously painful. Glad he's expected back soon for you guys.

I think I saw a different game Sunday than DH and TH did. The last half of the 3rd period was owned by Wisconsin. The time of possession Wisconsin had in our end was ridiculous. We were running around like we were on a penalty kill for the last 12 minutes. When we finally would break out and get down into Wisconsins end we'd get about 10 seconds of possesion before the Badgers would clear the zone and put another long surge of pressure on Jordy. I timed one stretch and Wisconsin had the puck in our end for 64 seconds before we could clear. On the TV telecast PS and JB commented on the Badgers carrying the play to us in the last 10 minutes and the Sioux, supposedly noted for their conditioning, looked tired. The Badgers had far more jump than we did during that stretch.

I think I saw a different game Sunday than DH and TH did.  The last half of the 3rd period was owned by Wisconsin.  The time of possession Wisconsin had in our end was ridiculous.  We were running around like we were on a penalty kill for the last 12 minutes.  When we finally would break out and get down into Wisconsins end we'd get about 10 seconds of possesion before the Badgers would clear the zone and put another long surge of pressure on Jordy.  I timed one stretch and Wisconsin had the puck in our end for 64 seconds before we could clear.  On the TV telecast PS and JB commented on the Badgers carrying the play to us in the last 10 minutes and the Sioux, supposedly noted for their conditioning, looked tired.  The Badgers had far more jump than we did during that stretch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd agree with that, although the Sioux had the edge again in OT, until the last minute, when Wisco did all but score.

I think TH is obsessed with the fans and their lack of noise on sunday.  He talked about it a lot during sunday's game, has talked about it all week on his radio show, and mentions it to Hak on wednesday night's show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is a real problem and it needs to be fixed. I hope he talks about it until things change, even if that takes years.

I think TH is obsessed with the fans and their lack of noise on sunday.  He talked about it a lot during sunday's game, has talked about it all week on his radio show, and mentions it to Hak on wednesday night's show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In defense of TH it was like a morgue in the arena on Sunday. If the students needed some where to do there studies I suggest taking your books to the game because it just not loud in there anymore. Espeically this season.

People don't listen to the students, so maybe they will listen to TH.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what's the answer? Have security guards spray all non-cheering Sioux fans with pepper spray?