Spring Football

UND_Hockey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I am very impressed at what has gone on in the off season workouts for the football players. I ran into one of the walk-ons from Kansas City when he was home on spring break. He was 180 lbs when he left for school in August and now he is at least 205 lbs. He looked awsome. The MIAA made a mistake when they let him get away to North Dakota. It will be interesting to see how he does.

Wow, I am very impressed at what has gone on in the off season workouts for the football players.  I ran into one of the walk-ons from Kansas City when he was home on spring break. He was 180 lbs when he left for school in August and now he is at least 205 lbs. He looked awsome.  The MIAA made a mistake when they let him get away to North Dakota.  It will be interesting to see how he does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the insight! I am curious - who are you talking about? What position does he play, etc.?

The kids name is Thomas Ecklund he was the Quarterback who lead Park Hill to there first ever State Championship in big Class 5 against the defending State Champions. He Rushed for something like 107 yds and knocked three players out of the game one LB and two DB's and someone told me he weighed about 175 then. His highschool coach told our teams head coach pound for pound he was the strongest player on the team. He is strong, very quick, and hard to bring down. I could see him as a RB, Slot Back, DB or Outside LB. I was amazed when I saw him you guys must have a heck of a conditioning program!

The kids name is Thomas Ecklund he was the Quarterback who lead Park Hill to there first ever State Championship in big Class 5 against the defending State Champions.  He Rushed for something like 107 yds and knocked three players out of the game one LB and two DB's and someone told me he weighed about 175 then.  His highschool coach told our teams head coach pound for pound he was the strongest player on the team.  He is strong, very quick, and hard to bring down. I could see him as a RB, Slot Back, DB or Outside LB. I was amazed when I saw him you guys must have a heck of a conditioning program!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. I remember a year ago hearing that this kid might be walking on but didn't realize that he was with us.

I certainly hope he does well and is able to earn some scholarship $!

The kids name is Thomas Ecklund he was the Quarterback who lead Park Hill to there first ever State Championship in big Class 5 against the defending State Champions.  He Rushed for something like 107 yds and knocked three players out of the game one LB and two DB's and someone told me he weighed about 175 then.  His highschool coach told our teams head coach pound for pound he was the strongest player on the team.  He is strong, very quick, and hard to bring down. I could see him as a RB, Slot Back, DB or Outside LB. I was amazed when I saw him you guys must have a heck of a conditioning program!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't I tell you to quit writing on the forums, Tom? <G> Anyways, Ecklund is currently at FB, fighting it out with a few other guys.

That was listed incorrectly. Spring ball starts on Wednesday. Just so nobody heads out today to watch an empty field.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're trying to set someone up for an NDSU joke, right? :)

Here is a Herald article on the start of spring ball.  link It's interesting that Groeschl is going back to quarterback. That would seem to make playing time for him much less likely than at receiver.

True, but this,

Weston Dressler, who played a number of roles last season as a true freshman, is the team's No. 1 receiver entering spring drills. Juniors Alec Van Dyke and Thomas Loegering, who both played sparingly last season, also are in the mix.

They'll be joined by sophomores Rick Presthus and Michael Hegg and redshirt freshmen Jake Caufield and Alex Nicholas.

A transfer also could figure into the mix at receiver. Martin Tatom, a 6-3, 215-pounder, spent time at Fort Lewis College and Colorado before transferring to the UND.

"We're going to have a lot of competition at the receiver spots."

says he'd have a lot of competition for time at WR also.

Lee G should continue to pursue playing QB if he wishes.. More power to him and good luck. But I think that the experience he learned at receiver this year could have led him down the road to have a great year at WR next year. I think that one person to look out for will be the freshman QB danny freund. He will be pushing for play'n time. I also heard through the grapevine that lil' weston dressler can squat alot of lbs. and that he is the lil guy beef master. Congrats to him. Digger Anderson's arms are also 2 inches bigger. Congrats to him. HUGE!

ahhhh yes, the mighty, gentle giant from allendale has awoke from his winterland slumber. good to hear from you bigmrg. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You haven't been paying much attention to the board overall here, I've been around. Its just been a while since anybody has given me anything good to work with in football. ;) You all seem somehow.... distracted somehow. ;);););)