SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. UW

DamStrait

I was critical of JPar after the first period, mostly because he sucked...

However, Just like the AA game he found his game in the second and third. Maybe he needs to take some more shots in warm-up or do something else to get ready (possibly sacrifice a gopher. :love: )

Either way he appears to be the best goalie at this point. I assume a win tonight will all but gaurentee the Sioux a place in the NCAAs. No I just hope we can get a #4 seed in Cornell's bracket.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did PCM self advertise yet? :lol::love: (Eskimo says I might hurt PCM's feelings. So: Disclaimer: This question was not meant to insult, offend, or hurt PCM in any manner. Should PCM desire, I will alter this post in any way he wishes which would include altering, removing parts or all of the post.)

If not, I'll just bring the news that PCM's written another good recap.

Edited by redwing77

Quote from Green in PCM's article says it all about what has been missing from this Sioux team:

"That' what's been missing from our team the entire year, a third- or fourth-line guy getting a huge goal for us. It's so uplifting for our team, you can't even put it into words,"

That is funny when it comes from PCM, not you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you clarified that. I was worried that there wasn't anyone on this board who can tell all of us what is funny and what isn't.

I never mean to cause PCM any offense. It's a good thing that he has a watchdog screening the posts to be sure that he isn't in any way teased or addressed in a questionable manner.

I'll change my post if it was in poor taste, but so far, Federov and Sicatoka see it as in a taste other than bad (they haven't voiced offense either). I'll make it clearer.

Edited by redwing77

thank Smaby for the 2nd Wisco Goal!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, you can't blame Smaby on that one. Maybe he was the one trying to clear earlier in the shift and screwed up, but when that puck was behind the net it hit Smaby's stick and bouced off just a touch. The Wisco player swiped at it and it went out front. I'm not saying Parise would have made the save anyways, but he tried to swipe at it as it came out front and whiffed. Easy goal at that point.

Actually, you can't blame Smaby on that one. Maybe he was the one trying to clear earlier in the shift and screwed up, but when that puck was behind the net it hit Smaby's stick and bouced off just a touch. The Wisco player swiped at it and it went out front. I'm not saying Parise would have made the save anyways, but he tried to swipe at it as it came out front and whiffed. Easy goal at that point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm hoping you're right. I didn't see most of the game. I only was there from just before Fabian's goal to just after the 2nd period ended (had to go during the intermission show).

But I'm tired of all this heaping on of Smaby. It's like he's the reason why we lose all of these games. I still think that Smaby is a great defenseman who is still young. Unlike Jones and Greene, Smaby came right out of high school. I think sometimes it shows, but I do not think he's the source of the problem.

The Sicatoka I didn't change my post for Eskimo. I could care less what he thinks. I just changed it more as a jibe on Eskimo and to be sure that PCM knew I was kidding.

I'm hoping you're right. I didn't see most of the game. I only was there from just before Fabian's goal to just after the 2nd period ended (had to go during the intermission show).

But I'm tired of all this heaping on of Smaby. It's like he's the reason why we lose all of these games. I still think that Smaby is a great defenseman who is still young. Unlike Jones and Greene, Smaby came right out of high school. I think sometimes it shows, but I do not think he's the source of the problem.

The Sicatoka I didn't change my post for Eskimo. I could care less what he thinks. I just changed it more as a jibe on Eskimo and to be sure that PCM knew I was kidding.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only thing I will say about Smaby is that he NEEDS to keep his elbows down...he is very tall and yesterday he smacked a guy very high right in front of the ref at a time when a penalty would have been a disaster...when he skated back to the box, Eades walked up to him and made the universal sign "Watch your elbows"...