SiouxSports.com Forum

Other WCHA Games

Runninwiththedogs

I don't know...I think on St. Clown's third goal, all JJ had to do was cover the slow moving puck and he somehow coughed it up right in front for a Husky score...

JJ= Big Juicy Rebounds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Said it before, say it again: Reason why UM won tonight with JJ in net: SCSU was their opponent.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY can't we have them this weekend instead of UW? It's been a long long time before I've heard period-long chants of SIEVE!! SIEVE!! SIEVE!!

And I guarantee that UMN will get NOWHERE in the postseason if Briggs isn't in net.

MN now up 4-1 on St. Cloud. All I know is I hope Montgomery gets a game in the nets next weekend. Whoa.

Here's why I like Woog on the broadcast. Last night he was ripping the gophers for not being able to pass the puck effectively. Tonite he was ripping Irmen for crying to the refs and called out a penalty that should have been called on the gophers that wasn't. Sure, he's a homer, but he's not afraid to tell it like it is.

care to put a SMALL wager on that redwing?  Already have something going w/ goon...

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I would happily take that wager. So far, UMN has, under JJ, beaten a dead horse in SCSU. I'd imagine if they played a real team such as DU, CC, or even UW or Michigan in a playoff setting, I doubt UMN would get anywhere.

As I'm a lowly teacher with minimal disposable income (graduated and all.. can't even afford to go to the Ralph for games :love: ), I can't wager very high, but I'm game.

Pretending that USCHO's Feb 21 Bracketology is correct, it states that Dartmouth would face Minnesota. Since I know nothing about Dartmouth's program, I'll assume it's just a tad better program than the likes of say... Bemidji State or UMD (this season comparison, so don't get offended UMD fans). So, I may not be inclined to wager on a 1 and done type bet. However, Minnesota would go on to face Harvard or Michigan. With JJ in nets, I'd wager they couldn't beat either team. Dov Grommet-Morris (Harvard) and Alvaro Montoya are far more superior goaltenders than anything Minnesota can field (one could argue that even with a healthy Briggs). Michigan has been solid as of late, but has huge issues with consistency of play. Michigan has had problems on the offensive side, which really I still don't see as a concern for Minnesota, so advantage Minnesota. The problem I see is with defense. Defense wins championships, WPoS. Right now, I'd wager Harvard OR Michigan's defense against Minnesota in a heartbeat.

In any case scenario, no way does Minnesota reach the Frozen Four. Yes, even with home ice advantage and one of the, on paper, easiest paths to the frozen four. Interestingly enough, I don't think UND will make it either. With a bracket of BC, BU, and UW, it would be incredible to expect a team like UND to get past them. UND's bracket is the hardest path to the frozen four. Midwest's Regional (Denver's path) is the easiest in my opinion.

Since I know nothing about Dartmouth's program, I'll assume it's just a tad better program than the likes of say... Bemidji State or UMD (this season comparison, so don't get offended UMD fans). 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't take offense...however we did just sweep the Beavers 4-1, 5-2, so I would say we are also a tad better than BSU...and can play with any team in the top 15 right now.

WPoS:  You're on.  I might not make it to the Twin Cities until mid-late April though...  But if I do make it and you win, I'm game for the brew and the $1 wager.  :love:  Ok, provided that we aren't paying Mariucci or REA type prices ($6 beers gah!).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck buying a beer in Mariucci, at any price. I think alcoholic bevs are allowed in the suites, but not anywhere where the great unwashed would be allowed. Certainly, all measures are taken to prevent Sioux fans from partaking. Can't have Sioux players in the press box, so I'm sure there's a rule against having Sioux fans in the suites.

This Sioux fan thinks Hoser is a sieve and so is Weber

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently according to the Red Star and Sickle, Hoser is like one of the top three goaltenders in the AHL. I am not sure how that happened. Adam must have found some game during his stint in the AHL.