SiouxSports.com Forum

MOSS TO OAK

UNDGuy

Moss to Oak

Agent: Vikings trade Moss to Raiders

By SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

The Vikings have agreed to trade Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders for starting linebacker Napoleon Harris, the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft and a 2005 late-round pick . Trades can be worked out although not announced until next month, and Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday that the deal is done.

"Nothing is official until March 2," DiTrapano said. "But don

The vikes got hosed on this deal. If they dont pick the next big thing in the draft at 7th overall they will be shaking thier heads at this trade for a very long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as a viking hater im not happy to see moss go because with him there they werent gonna win anything. i really dont think they cared what they got for him because he was becoming too much of a distraction and just want him gone. they now can upgrade positions they need, with harris at lb and maybe try to get antrel rolle, a great cornerback, if he slips as far as 7th

This trade isn't that bad if Fowler can open up his checkbook(Red would never do this), here is my best case offseason for the Vikes. Draft Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards then with the next pick draft the safety from Georgia(Thomas Davis?). And in free agency pick up Coles, Rolle, and Bell. The Vikes are 36 milllion under the cap, so they could do all of this. Wr corps of Williams or Edwards, Coles, Burleson, and Robinson would be better then what they had with Moss and the defense would be much improved as well.

The trade was terrible but if they would just spend some money in free agency and draft the right guys they could still be a better team next year.

All I've heard is negativity for this trade, as a long time Viking fan I like this deal, and ima tell you why. Opens up a bookoo of cap room for the purple posse to use on players like Samari Rolle or even Plaxico Burress if they wanna go that route. We'll also finally get a kicker that can kick further then a wheelchair basketball MVP. With the 7th pick we'll be able to pick up a strong receiver (Edwards from the maize and blue :silly: or former USC standout Mike Williams if available), or a big ole lineman on either side of the ball. I'm not saying we'll get a dynasty out of this deal I mean we traded arguably the most talented player in football but after the fog clears it may still be raining in Minneapolis or it could be a sun shiny day. Hopefully the latter.

I used to love the Raiders... now, because of this trade, I hate them. Great deal for the Vikings. It's a simple case of addition by subtraction. In spite of all his talent, Randy Moss wasn't worth all the trouble he caused. The negative outweighed the positive, and they are now better off being rid of the headache. If they had received a 7th round pick and a box of popcorn it would have been a good deal for the Vikings just to extract the cancer from the locker room. Not only did they get rid of the cancer, now they have a very good LB in Napoleon Harris and the 7th pick in the draft.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously Dave you used to love the Raiders but now you don't, because they added to best receiver in the NFL? Hmm...... The Vikings may be better off with this deal but if you don't think this is a great trade for the Raiders your crazy. Sounds to me like your a Vikes fan. Randy Moss type players don't come around too often, and as a Raiders fan I'm excited as can be to get him, especially considering what we gave up. Also labeling Napoleon Harris as a very good LB is a bit of a stretch, the guy was a 1st Round pick and has done little his 3 years in the league. The Raiders stole Moss and adding him alone will give the Raiders a couple more victories next year. IMHO

Saying Moss is the best WR is the NFL is a joke, he may be the most talented but he isn't even close to the best. If I was a GM I can think of at least 10 WR's I would rather have because they are better all around players (all area's a WR needs to be good at, not just running down field) and far better teammates as well.

He could be the best, but I doubt his attitude and ego will ever allow that to happen.