SiouxSports.com Forum

USHL Prospects

collegehockeyfan1

Team World beat Team USHL 5-3. The world team (dark jerseys) was coached by former Wisconsin coach Jeff Sauer. Team USHL was coached by Mike Sertich, formerly of UMD and Michigan Tech.

This is the unofficial scoring as there were no stats provided and I didn't realize it until after the first goal was scored. (I've listed each player's USHL team and which university he's committed to, if any.)

First Period

Goal 1: Team USHL - Tim Kennedy (Sioux City) from Kyle Kuk (Tri-City/Vermont) and Tom Gorowsky (Sioux Falls/Wisconsin)

Goal 2: Team World - Matt Vokes (Cedar Rapids/Brown) from Ted Purcell (Cedar Rapids/Maine) and Rob Ricci (Cedar Rapids/Merrimack)

Goal 3: Team World - Trevor Smith (Omaha/New Hampshire) from John Mitchell (Green Bay)

Second Period

Goal 4: Team USHL - Corey Carlson (Omaha/Vermont) from Tim Miller (Omaha/Michigan)

Goal 5: Team World - Ricci from Smith

Third Period

Goal 6: Team USHL - Gorowsky

Goal 7: Team World - Brock Bradford (Omaha/Boston College) from Blake Wheeler (Green Bay/Minnesota)

Goal 8: Team World - Purcell from Vokes

Bradford was named game MVP. Gorowsky was player of the game for Team USHL and Vokes was player of the game for Team World.

ushl.jpg

As you can see from this photo, the similarities in the uniforms made the two teams a bit difficult to tell apart.

Edited by PCM

You can see it in the pic above on the white right sleeve barely. It say "See you at the Ralph" with the outline logo of REA. Even though the attendance wasn't the greatest you have to love anything that draws attention to GF nationally, the slightest!!!

I was at the game and felt the best player on the ice was Gorowsky. He'll contribute immediately at Wisconsin. Bradford won the MVP but I don't know why. Wheeler just floated around the rink waiting for a mistake to happen or a lucky bounce. He finally realized he needed to move his feet to make things happen and started to play in the latter half of the 3rd period. Several of the players had really good speed. Too bad none of them are Sioux recruits. In fact, none of the USHL All Stars are.

Bradford won the MVP but I don't know why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found myself questioning that as well. Sure, Bradford scored the game-winning goal, but it was pretty much a gift.

The most dominant line on the ice was Vokes, Purcell and Ricci for Team World. It probably had something to do with the fact that they play together for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders.

I thought Bradford was the most skilled player on the ice. He is very fast and good with the puck - his only downside is his size - he looked about 5-7.

Gorowsky looked good, and I would agree the Vokes line was the best - they actually passed the puck around.

Carlson also looked very good, his goal was one of the hardest wrist shots I've seen - very Bochenski-ish.

One of the Hanson brothers' kid was on the white team - how cool would growing up in that house be? I wonder if his dad taught him to use the foil at an early age?

I thought Bradford was the most skilled player on the ice.  He is very fast and good with the puck - his only downside is his size - he looked about 5-7.

Gorowsky looked good, and I would agree the Vokes line was the best - they actually passed the puck around. 

Carlson also looked very good, his goal was one of the hardest wrist shots I've seen - very Bochenski-ish. 

One of the Hanson brothers' kid was on the white team - how cool would growing up in that house be?  I wonder if his dad taught him to use the foil at an early age?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sat with the father of Lincoln's goalie (Jordan Pearce) (he's also my fishing buddy in Alaska). He said the Hanson kid really likes to pound people and was playing somewhat reserved last night (Expected since it was an All Star game). Normally the elbows would be flying. Both are going to Notre Dame next fall. It will interesting to track their progress in D1.

One of the Hanson brothers' kid was on the white team - how cool would growing up in that house be?  I wonder if his dad taught him to use the foil at an early age?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was actually on the same flight with that kid from Minneapolis to GF on Monday. I figured he was a hockey player and I thought he looked strangely familiar even though I don't follow the USHL at all. The next day there was an article in Herald about him and of course I then knew why he looked so familiar! Unfortunately, I couldn't tell whether he had any of his freakin' toys with him. :lol:

I thought Bradford was the most skilled player on the ice.  He is very fast and good with the puck - his only downside is his size - he looked about 5-7.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As you may recall, the real name of the Hanson brothers was Carlson so the lad with the wicked shot should have been sporting the foil. His profile is at the following link:

http://www.lancers.com/PlayerProfile.asp?PersonID=337

As you may recall, the real name of the Hanson brothers was Carlson so the lad with the wicked shot should have been sporting the foil.  His profile is at the following link:

Two were brothers named Carlson and one was their cousin named Hanson. This was the player whose father was one of the Hanson Bros (the one named Hanson) Hanson

The Carlson that played is no relation as far as I know - although he does kind of look like a goon :lol: