SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Pioneers

dagies

At this point you might as well start looking forward to next year. We may be lucky to make the NCAAs after this late season colapse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Disagree. This was going to be a tough weekend, without some key forwards and against a real good opponent. Still, they skated right with them, and must have clanked about 4 posts each game (not exactly sure). Posts don't go on the scoreboard, but I think it shows they are right there. I think there is still some goodness left to this season.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. This was going to be a tough weekend, without some key forwards and against a real good opponent. Still, they skated right with them, and must have clanked about 4 posts each game (not exactly sure). Posts don't go on the scoreboard, but I think it shows they are right there. I think there is still some goodness left to this season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is that we have been hitting posts all year. I just don't see the team making a serious run against top competition in the tourney. They may need to win their first round of the WCHA playoffs just to get off the bubble. If the young defense can hold up next year I see it as a much better team. Just an opinion.

Empty netter called off, but still swept at home.

Yes, they were shorthanded. However, the same old stuff was evident. Missed chances. Stupid penalties. Lack of development and leadership. Lousy season, as judged by those who have watched the Sioux for more than a few years.

Schneider again on a pick interference.  Inconsistent reffing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is obvious that Shepard was informed of his blowing the game last night with the lack of an interference call. For him to call that as a penalty, it completely shows his bias and it requires some type of reprimand. I realize that hockey is one of the least watched sports in the U.S., but I think college hockey will never go anywhere with incompetent officiating. What fun is it to watch a sport where the refs decide games?