• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the difference tonight was SPirko and Zajac:

Spirko WHIFFS!

Zajac hits the crossbar.

Oh well.

Other key points: Did anyone notice what happened with BSU when they parked someone in front of the net? Why, 3 goals of course. Does anyone find it odd that we didn't figure that out until the 3rd period?

First and Second periods are highlighted with just plain poor hockey.

Third period was excellent playing by the Sioux. Overtime was simply playing for the tie.

I cannot stress it enough: SHOOT THE PUCK!

Instead of dump and chase it should be SHOOT and CRASH.

Tonight's tie was good in that we got 1 point out of the deal. Tonight's game was bad because it's as good as a loss.

EDIT: Despite the fact that we would have spent more time in the box, do you all think they would have crashed the net so much if Greene were in the lineup?

Edited by redwing77

I think the difference tonight was SPirko and Zajac:

Spirko WHIFFS!

Zajac hits the crossbar.

Oh well.

Other key points: Did anyone notice what happened with BSU when they parked someone in front of the net? Why, 3 goals of course. Does anyone find it odd that we didn't figure that out until the 3rd period?

First and Second periods are highlighted with just plain poor hockey.

Third period was excellent playing by the Sioux. Overtime was simply playing for the tie.

I cannot stress it enough: SHOOT THE PUCK!

Instead of dump and chase it should be SHOOT and CRASH.

Tonight's tie was good in that we got 1 point out of the deal. Tonight's game was bad because it's as good as a loss.

I restate my "question of the year". WHAT THE HELL DOES IT TAKE TO GET THIS TEAM UP TO PLAY FOR THE FIRST PERIOD?:0

It's great to see that they could will a tie tonight. However, this season continues to be a huge downer. Games they should win are falling by the wayside. Again and again.

Where is the fire?:lol:?;)?;)???????????????????????

Beavers totally backed off the forecheck in the third protecting the lead, and it cost them. After the Sioux tied it, Beavers were immediately all over the Sioux on the forecheck again.

Beavers forecheck was very effective, Sioux's was non-existent. Not a good show, in spite of the comeback.

Sitting here at Northwestern in Chicago... BSU's coach is crying on the radio now...talking about how heartbreaking this tie is for them...Heartbreaking is how the Sioux managed to get themselves in that position to begin with...I have tickets for Columbus and if these guys don't start playing with some heart, I don't think I'll be watching the Sioux this year...

Power plays

BSU 0 of 5

UND 2 of 3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't imagine I'm saying this, but I guess that is another positive from the game.

Our PP didn't suck! I truly believe that Eades has put life back into that system.

Now, if we can get him to take over the 5x5....

The WCHA never lets me down. Just when I think I have seen some of the worst officiating by the ref, I get to see the ref and the ARs blow the game. It might as well be midget hockey. You penalize people for hits, but you allow all the clutch n grab crap. I don't know what is worse for hockey, a lockout or incompetent officiating. :0