SiouxSports.com Forum

Which sports should UND sponsor?

SIOUXFAN97

25 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

few hundred more than tennis imo

Sure.  But Tennis ain't costing UND a ton of money. Probably one of the cheaper sports that can be offered.

Soccer seems like a drain on UND's very finite resources with limited (if any) upside. It's not like UND is swimming in financial resources. 

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Sure.  But Tennis ain't costing UND a ton of money. Probably one of the cheaper sports that can be offered.

Soccer seems like a drain on UND's very finite resources with limited (if any) upside. It's not like UND is swimming in financial resources. 

UND also doesn't have a facility for locker rooms or coaches offices like they do for women's soccer.  Doesn't have the money to build them either.

8 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

i'll agree with you if they can't find space in REA...likethe women do...field is there

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

can't find a few sq feet in the bowels of REA?

Which just underwent two massive renovations?  Doubtful.
Even if there was space that could be renovated, that money would be much better spent on a basketball practice facility.

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Which just underwent two massive renovations?  Doubtful.
Even if there was space that could be renovated, that money would be much better spent on a basketball practice facility.

in all honesty the reason i don't pay too much attention to women's sports is bc of death of title 9....we will soon only have "soccer" if you know what i mean so only one locker room will be needed.

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I know these "ideas" are far fetched but show me one idea/thing that the Summit League has done in the last 10 years or so to try to grow their brand (and don't say the tourney in SF please)! haha

They haven't done crap.  Agreed.  But you have faith in Fenton don't you?!  Give him time... he's going to improve the league and I have no doubt about that.  Have you listened to his entire interview on that Hot Mic podcast?  You would enjoy it if you haven't.
Edit: Well, they did finally get UND to join ;)  Also UMKC coming back and Oral Roberts as well, and Denver.  Lucked out in having IUPUI and IPFW exit.  Pretty much lucked into a huge improvement in conference membership.  Not that it was necessarily by design.  The league is in a good spot for growth though.  And I know you don't like the SF BB tourney, but it's an event that sets the Summit League apart from other Low Major conferences, and revenue wise, it probably does well or better than the MVC if you combine Mens and Women.  Similar Revs, probably way higher expenses in St. Louis.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

They haven't done crap.  Agreed.  But you have faith in Fenton don't you?!  Give him time... he's going to improve the league and I have no doubt about that.  Have you listened to his entire interview on that Hot Mic podcast?  You would enjoy it if you haven't.

ill listen this eve...yeah i'm giving him time...that's the reason i always chirp "where's fenton" on here.....i think he reads my posts and says...that guy is awesome!

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ill listen this eve...yeah i'm giving him time...that's the reason i always chirp "where's fenton" on here.....i think he reads my posts and says...that guy is awesome!

It will answer all of your questions.

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i'll agree with you if they can't find space in REA...likethe women do...field is there

You donating coaching salaries, scholarship dollars, travel and recruiting budget for the first five seasons? And uniforms and game gear would be good also. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

M Soccer (9.9) requires 2x scholarships than M Tennis (4.5). That's about an additional $100k there. 

ten home games at 10 bucks a ticket times 100 fans per...10k...parking, tailgating, concessions....we got this!

Just now, nodak651 said:

If UND ever needs to add a women's sport.  Gymnastics would be my pick.  

i know what you did there....part of my reasoning on women's bowling is can you imagine the beefers ndac would send up here to play us...."up next for ndsu...darlene "the dumptruck" jenkins!"  (over the speakers at red ray lanes)