SiouxSports.com Forum

Get ready for paid parking at Hockey

BringDeanBack

It probably wouldn't the bottom line to have people park in the Olympic-size rink. You could charge a premium, like $2, and the fat cats and their Caddys and Expeditions would feel all fancy. Better yet, why not use it for valet parking? That way a booster driving up from Fargo in their new Benz would feel secure that the car is in good hands, while the valet is actually picking up beer and pizza for after the game ... maybe a doing a few doughnuts on University Avenue ... :D:blush:

It probably wouldn't the bottom line to have people park in the Olympic-size rink.  You could charge a premium, like $2, and the fat cats and their Caddys and Expeditions would feel all fancy.  Better yet, why not use it for valet parking?  That way a booster driving up from Fargo in their new Benz would feel secure that the car is in good hands, while the valet is actually picking up beer and pizza for after the game ... maybe a doing a few doughnuts on University Avenue ...  :D  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could hurt the surface of the olympic ice or something silly like that.

Actually, the prospect of valet parking would be a great idea. They can also do something akin to the 50/50 raffle where people can enter for a dollar to win the honor of free valet parking for a home game. As for the price for this, $2 is a pipe dream. It would probably START at about 5 times that, if it is even THAT cheap.

All I know is that paying for parking is fine if it is the general public (no offense). After all, they don't pay student fees. We have a parking permit that entitles us to park in the lots of that denomination. If I have an S tag and I'm parking in an S lot, like hell if I am going to pay to park there for a hockey game.