SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey -WCHA

NorthDakotaHockey

Geez. No one has started one yet? I've been trying to figure out if my place is clean enough for a lady friend and then figured, to heck with it, there's hockey on TV.

Tech-Gophers is a fine game. 1-0 Goophs mid-second.

Gophers are chippy. Tech is under their skin, especially my new buddy John Scott. Helped the refs break up a scrum by holding a Gopher in each hand out at arms' length. Really strong. Really funny.

So, I figure that before this is over Tech will be going home with four.

I been wrong before. Like thinking my place is clean enough for my lady friend to take notice.

Back to the game. Be swell folks.

Since the Fighting Sioux aren't on, and I can't get any other college game, I've been watching the golden choker game...and am impressed by MTU. That play when my new buddy also (except when he plays the Sioux) John Scott held on to two defenseless little gophers was classic. That play should make ESPN or some highlight show. He had the two little rodent fellows by the back of their necks! I have to say I've never seen anything like that before. 2-1 MTU after 2. Looks like Tech might sweep the "mighty" u of m in their own building. Good for them I say. If they win tonight, they will have won 4 of their last 5 games...for a total of 5 wins on the year. I like the way Tech plays, always all out, make little things happen with their intensity.

Not WCHA, but Maine, after tieing BU last night and dropping out of the #15 RPI spot (Sioux's two quality road wins disaappeared :D ), have beaten BU tonight 4-2. Maybe they got back into the top 15 RPI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good news there. Us Sioux fans aren't used to worrying about RPI or PWR or any of that stuff. It is good to see Maine win. I hope they don't lose another game in the regular season.

Hopefully a spate of our boys are watching and taking notes.

Our talent with Tech desire?

Here we come baby.

Oops. She's here. I do believe it's time for me to fly . . . . :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better empty your cache and shut er down. Wouldn't want the sea hag to see what you're posting :D

Go Tech!

Surprising to see Lucia's choir boys getting into scrums and almost fights.  I thought that behavior just didn't belong....

Love Scott holding Hirsh and another gopher at arm's length.  Pretty funny.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What was even funnier was that a third Gopher came in to help the other two. :D:D

Not WCHA, but Maine, after tieing BU last night and dropping out of the #15 RPI spot (Sioux's two quality road wins disaappeared :D ), have beaten BU tonight 4-2. Maybe they got back into the top 15 RPI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How Maine does will definitely help the RPI, but equally important, the rest of the way, we need all the help we can get from teams we play four times: Wisconsin, CC, St Cloud (ugh), and Mankato.

How Maine does will definitely help the RPI, but equally important, the rest of the way, we need all the help we can get from teams we play four times: Wisconsin, CC, St Cloud (ugh), and Mankato.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Count out SCSU. I could score on them right now.

Dogs lead CC 4-1  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So much for the "We ran into a hot goaltender" theory. :D If Duluth can score on the Tigers and their "unbeatable" goaltenders, why couldn't our team! :D

Our forwards have to start burying the puck when they have the chance. No more shooting into the chest.

We're getting help from Michigan Tech and Duluth, but we need to start winning games if we are going to make our move in the standings.

Bemidji State is non-conference, but we have some important conference games coming up. I hope we can take advantage of teams above us faltering. If Lammy keeps playing well in the nets and we start burying the puck, I think we can get a decent playoff seeding and maybe make some noise in the playoffs.