SiouxSports.com Forum

ND out east

U2Bad1

Seems a little bit slow on the boards lately, so i thought i would start the thread for next week's games. ND @ Yale and ND at Princeton. If north dakota plays up to its potential ND should come out with 2 wins. What do ya guys think?:p?:p Gotta admit im really looking forward to some possible revenge the weekend after in st cloud. Maybe UND can have its own tour of vengence.

These are games that we should win soundly. It's always good to hit the road and play new teams in different arenas. Granted these Ivies aren't the best teams in the ECAC, but we should not take them for granted. Hopefully, the team will start to gel even more and the goalie situation becomes much less fluid. We've got a pretty stiff WCHA schedule coming up, and this weekend should be used as a tune up to see who's really ready to move forward.

It should be interesting to see if the Sioux can continue their high level of play. I hope they don't start looking ahead to SCSU and overlook these games. What I'm most interested in is how the goalie(s) play, how the power play looks and the effectiveness of the penalty kill.

I'm looking for scoring from Canady, Connelly, Massen, McMahon, Genoway and Hale... say, about four goals on the weekend for the group. Considering they have combined for one so far, it sounds like a lot, but considering their abilities, it doesn't seem too far-fetched.

This morning Coach Blais stated that JB will be starting in net (for the 1st game) and that Brian Canady should be back in the line-up.

I misstated above - typing this morning before having a soda, not good, it is Josh starting.....

JB again, CB is certainly giving him the chances to become the lead goaltender. Possibly he's been the best in practice? Would think that Siembeda would get some chances again soon.

Will be good to have Canady back. Hope he's 100% by the following weekend (if not by this Friday).

Speaking of injuries, Husky fans reporting that Hendricks has a broken wrist but will play this weekend with a cast. And Finger has a possible broken foot. Think I read somwhere Tallackson has a seperated shoulder and will be out 6-8 weeks for the Gophs.

Sioux lucky to be relatively injury free so far.

I don't mean to be critical, but I just don't understand the goaltending situation. JB had a weak outing against Niagara on Friday, then got sent out again Saturday. Then he got pulled on Saturday, so he gets the nod for the next game? This seems like the time of year when rotating goalies makes sense, so I'm surprised to see JS on the bench again.

For most of the second half of last year, it seemed that JB was in the doghouse, not playing even when JS had begun to struggle. Is JS now similarly in the doghouse?

Or is it just as simple as one guy looking better in practice so he plays?

From CB's comments this morning JS gets the start because he played decent in relief of JB on Saturday.

Jake B received the Saturday night start against Niagara because CB wanted to give Jake a chance to redeem himself. When the score was 4-2 (UND lead) there was no reason to question Jake being in goal, however, when Niagara scored the 3rd goal, UND had been pressuring in the Niagara zone and it was a little disturbing to give up the 3rd goal. CB said at that point there were really only 2 options: a timeout or a change in goal. He said that the goaltending change made the most sense as the team/UND was working hard at the point, but a goal to tie it up by Niagara wouldn't be good. He went with the gut feeling of changing goalies.

There probably will be a rotation with the goalies, but, who knows, if one can step it up that's who'll probably get the majority of the playing time. Someone has to step forward and take the job....

Sorry I jumped the gun on the goalie thing. Thanks again for the radio updates.

The Sicatoka, very interesting about the goalies. Could Ranfranz (also known throughout cyberspace as LaFranz, LaFrench, Dennis Franz and whatever else people can come up with) actually play this year?

Also, great news about Canady. The team has been good, but a boost of energy is never a bad thing. Speaking of which: Sockeye, how was your trip? Does Brian elbow for position watching a game from the stands? It must have been frustrating for him to want to be involved.

I can't wait to see this team. I'll see one of the SC games on TV and then I'll be in the palace to see UAA.

Hey, our trip was great. Thanks for asking. :p

Brian sat with us during the games this week. He is watches with great intensity. Doesn't say much... just studies the game. Didn't like Niagra's #7 and told coach someone needed to come out on the ice and lay him out! Coach agreed. He hates not being in the line up. I guess Blais is going to let him play this weekend. We'll keep our fingers crossed his shoulder holds up. He almost played last weekend, but coach is being cautious. Friday Blais said it was up to Brian (weather he thought his shoulder was ready or not) if he wanted to play. Saturday at pregame, he told Brian he wasn't going to play him. That made the decision for Brian easy. Brian is looking forward to making the trip out east and getting his first games out of the way before WCHA play. I don't know yet who coach will pair Brian up with.

Niagara's #7 was Tallari, who was involved in most of the Niagara scoring. Was he a bit chippy out there also, or did Brian want to see him leveled to teach him not to enter the Sioux zone?

Not only did Brian want to see him leveled, so did Blais. He was pissed the Sioux let him score twice Friday night in "OUR HOUSE"... He told Jason Noterman he wanted him to stick to Tallari like a fly on **** Saturday night. :p Jason did a good job.

Tallari seemed to have the puck a lot on Friday (listening on internet only). Now that you mention it, don't remember hearing much of him on Sat. See he had an assist on the third goal but that's it. Would have been entertaining watching Notes shut him down :p

Dave Burkholder, the Niagara coach, was lamenting the fact that Tallari got tossed out of their game with Canisius for spearing and had a one-game suspension because of it.

It was nice to meet you, SockeyeSioux. Brian certainly was focused and intense -- even between periods!