SiouxSports.com Forum

Red River - Central Game

Fetch

South will always have coaching problems in that parents will be upset no matter what happens. Wilson has not cut so many kids every year he ends up creating some enemies. He is in a lose-lose situation, one I would never want. IMO Wilson does an ok job, but no Fargo coach has shown any interest in going the extra mile for their probam. It appears Pivetz is starting to for Shanley by helping to develop their youth program. Personally I think Smith was behind most of South's past success, he developed some great JV teams - most of which ended up being average varsity teams.

Back to the topic the RR-Central game was pretty good. Vigen hit a kid from Central harder than any hit I've seen this year - at any level. Stadstad from Central looked pretty good. I still wasn't real impressed with Marto. I thought Vigen was probably the only legitimate D1 prospect, although he may be a step slow.

As far as South relying on one line this year - they are probably the deepest team in the state. They have three pretty good lines.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the Central- RR game. Once agian penalties cost Red River. I thought Centrals powerplay looked real good capitalizing on a couple powerplays. I think the only way Central can contend for a title (edc or state) will depend on their goalie, if he is on, the team is on. I think if RR can eliminate their stupid penalties they will be a very dangerous team and will be hard to beat.

Anybody have any info on the South-GPR game.

South will always have coaching problems in that parents will be upset no matter what happens.  Wilson has not cut so many kids every year he ends up creating some enemies.  He is in a lose-lose situation, one I would never want.  IMO Wilson does an ok job, but no Fargo coach has shown any interest in going the extra mile for their probam.  It appears Pivetz is starting to for Shanley by helping to develop their youth program.  Personally I think Smith was behind most of South's past success, he developed some great JV teams - most of which ended up being average varsity teams.

Back to the topic the RR-Central game was pretty good.  Vigen hit a kid from Central harder than any hit I've seen this year - at any level.  Stadstad from Central looked pretty good.  I still wasn't real impressed with Marto.  I thought Vigen was probably the only legitimate D1 prospect, although he may be a step slow.

As far as South relying on one line this year - they are probably the deepest team in the state.  They have three pretty good lines.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you about Vigen, he plays a real solid game, but does need to work on his speed and that hit was beautiful! It will be interesting to see how he does in juniors, does anybody know if he will go yet this year or will it be for next season?

I would also agree with your comment about Marto.

This is your first post and hopefully your last. Get off this site you obiviously have no clue what you are talking about!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that! Weisgarber, Campbell and Larson are all very good players. They all 3 compliment each other very well.

It sounds like someone is a little upset.....(Mr. RoughRiderIII)

This kid is mentally challenged. check out his site! it has to be a sick dirty joke. may god have mercy on his soul.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey brother don't want to seem like the mean guy in the neighborhood who calls the cops when the boys shoot off the roman candals, but when you make fun of Charlie your making fun of me. Don't you remember when you were a kid, he's probably in a haze right now enjoying life as it comes, you can't blame the boy for that. Sorry to come down on you bro but next time just keep your comments about my nephew to yourself and our paths of negativity won't meet the horizon of battle.

First off, I wonder why there is not a link on this web site showing pictures of him at the Gay Pride Convention. Its one thing to make your own web page but it is another to have the background music be "I just died in your arms tonight", really tells me something about your toughness. Go ahead and score all the goals you want and we will see what it does for you at the state tourney, If you make it. Now, if anyone else thinks this is not the gayest website they have ever seen, your probably right along with him. This kid is about as straight as a circle :0 . This is the most insanely idiotic thing i have ever looked at, we are all now dumber for having looked at it, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

First off, I wonder why there is not a link on this web site showing pictures of him at the Gay Pride Convention.  Its one thing to make your own web page but it is another to have the background music be "I just died in your arms tonight", really tells me something about your toughness.  Go ahead and score all the goals you want and we will see what it does for you at the state tourney, If you make it. Now, if anyone else thinks this is not the gayest website they have ever seen, your probably right along with him.  This kid is about as straight as a circle :0 .  This is the most insanely idiotic thing i have ever looked at, we are all now dumber for having looked at it, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jeez, Take it easy.

First of all, South is definatly not the deepest team in the state.  They have one, maybe two players at the most.  Weisgarber, and Gault at times.  Paul makes his line mates look good and does all the work.  When he gives the puck to Gault, he'll hit the net about 1 in 10 shots, but it does go it, I'll give him that.  Campbell and Larson are very over rated players and they're other two lines can not get the job done.  South is on more of a lucky streak than a hot streak right now, and it will come to an end. 

Second, Vigen is the top D in the state.  I've heard Gault compared to him, but he puts Gault to shame.  Much better shot, much quicker skater, and much smarter hockey sense all around.  and Marto...give me a break....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While Wiesgarber was injured Larson was the leading scoring/point leader (tied with Galt). Along with that Galt and Larson were pretty much the only two producing any points.