SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Vs. Golden Griffins

RMS

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was going on last season with UMD posters. It bugged me then and it bugs me now. I like to read through the posts about UND games to see the comments of Sioux fans, but it is annoying to have to wade through a ton of off-topic posts in the thread.

As I suggested last season, it would be more courteous to start an "other games" thread on game nights and post updates from non-Sioux games there. I appreciate the updates from games happening elsewhere, but I'd like to have the option of reading them.

This was going on last season with UMD posters.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PCM,

There was only one UMD poster last season. Don't lump me in with the Drunk Hockey Guy, Iceberg, and the other pBox rubes. They only invaded when UMD was playing the Sioux, and never say anything good about the Sioux.

People tend to just sit in the game thread and refresh constantly to get up to the minute updates on game nights. Most of the time I have been posting from work this season, and do not want to waste work time swapping threads in order to post updates, and still see how my second favorite team is doing. ;)

Tonights update may have sounded like you were standing in the grand canyon with all the echoing going on, and I can understand how that would get a bit annoying after a bit. RWtheDogs and I will work that out.

As for you...Mr. I Just Joined Yesterday,

It's still Rush Week for you buddy, so quit yer whining and get me a cold one before I paddle your behind!

Don't lump me in with the Drunk Hockey Guy, Iceberg, and the other pBox rubes.  They only invaded when UMD was playing the Sioux, and never say anything good about the Sioux.

I'm not lumping you in with anybody. I don't even think they were the ones posting in the Sioux game threads last season.

People tend to just sit in the game thread and refresh constantly to get up to the minute updates on game nights.  Most of the time I have been posting from work this season, and do not want to waste work time swapping threads in order to post updates, and still see how my second favorite team is doing.  ;)

I understand that. I realize that it's more convenient for some people. I'm not demanding anything because I'm in no position to do so. I'm only suggesting that you do what's polite and respectful, given the fact that this is a UND board, not a UMD board.

People tend to just sit in the game thread and refresh constantly to get up to the minute updates on game nights. Most of the time I have been posting from work this season, and do not want to waste work time swapping threads in order to post updates, and still see how my second favorite team is doing. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like PCM, I'd prefer two threads. Your problem of swapping threads is easily solved with the firefox browser, and opening both threads in "tabs" that this browser supports. Actually I usually have the uscho score updates thread in another tab so I can check out other games.

BTW, I'm not anti-microsoft or anti-IE, but the firefox browser is, imo, far superior to ie. The only thing firefox does not support, that I've found, is activex, but you can open those pages, if you must, in IE. Firefox Browser

Well I didn't realize that we were being anything BUT polite and respectful.

You're taking this way too personally. I didn't say that your posts weren't polite and respectful. I said that posting running commentary about UMD games in threads started for Sioux games wasn't polite.

If I posted on another team's fan site and some of the fans there complained about something I was doing, I'd stop doing it.

But that's just me. You do whatever you want to do. I can't stop you.

I'm not really that pissed off, I just have really had fun this season so far and I didn't really realize it bugged people. And of course, it doesn't bug everyone. :D

I don't think most threads have a lot of UMD content, with the exception of this one (because we were having a lot of action and you guys were evidently having none for awhile) and last weekends (duh.)

I thought it was funny that the person that started this whole complaint has 4 posts (although they certainly could have cruised this place for some time without being a member) and then was asking about the Western Michigan scores on the other thread... :0

Why can't we all just get along? :D

I'm not really that pissed off, I just have really had fun this season so far and I didn't really realize it bugged people. And of course, it doesn't bug everyone. :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry you don't understand that what you're doing is inconsiderate. That's all I'll say about it.

I'm not really that pissed off, I just have really had fun this season so far and I didn't really realize it bugged people. And of course, it doesn't bug everyone. :D

I don't think most threads have a lot of UMD content, with the exception of this one (because we were having a lot of action and you guys were evidently having none for awhile) and last weekends (duh.)

I thought it was funny that the person that started this whole complaint has 4 posts (although they certainly could have cruised this place for some time without being a member) and then was asking about the Western Michigan scores on the other thread... :D

Why can't we all just get along? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to cause an uproar. I have been a Sioux fan for years, and living in rural SD now it's hard to follow the games. I really enjoy the Sioux fans play by play, it just annoys me that I have to sift through the UMD stuff every weekend thread for my updates. The Western Mich thing was to make a point, but I did not want to keep it going to disrupt the thread. ;) I know I'm a newbie here, I just felt it should have been brought up, as UMD is still the enemy. :0

It's not like we're flooding the thread. We mainly only post score updates, and like interacting with the Sioux fans. The increased number of posts this weekend was due to the fact that there were many awkward silences which I felt obligated to fill with "action". Nothing was happening in the Sioux game...everyone agreed it was a snoozer. There wouldn't have been much to scroll through if it was just Sioux vs Canisius posts (probably not even a full page). Some may like a game weekend condensed into tight little 2 or 3 page packeges. That's what a newspaper is for.

We're here to discuss hockey, real-time with other fans of the game such as the faithful Sioux followers. We don't troll, or spam, or badmouth the Sioux (notice we don't use the POI spelling "sue" ever). We will try to keep it down to just score updates and discussions about the Sioux and the state of the WCHA relative to that nights action, for that is what the "Friday night" and "Saturday night" threads are really about. It's about the thrill and the excitement of "Hockey Night" in the greatest conference in college sports, the WCHA.

I :0 SS.com

End...rant?

UMD fans: You are more than welcome on this website, according to most of the Sioux fans who have responded. However, in order to please everyone, would it be that much harder to have two windows open and post your team's updates in a separate thread?

Go Sioux.

I'm sorry you don't understand that what you're doing is inconsiderate. That's all I'll say about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pcm, you call it inconsiderate because it's not what you want? there are those on the board, myself included who would much rather have it posted in the sioux score thread than on a separate thread. by posting it on the sioux threads, aren't the UMD fans then being considerate of those who want it? just because it isn't going your way doesn't mean its wrong. there seems to be about a 50/50 split on the board and no matter what the UMD fans do, they will be called inconsiderate. realize that your opinion isn't the only on the board that matters and that others, like myself, actually WANT the scores posted on the sioux thread. should they take what pcm says as the absolute rule and abide by whatever you say? i'm sorry you may not get your way this time, but feel free to belittle others to get your way.

pcm, you call it inconsiderate because it's not what you want? there are those on the board, myself included who would much rather have it posted in the sioux score thread than on a separate thread. by posting it on the sioux threads, aren't the UMD fans then being considerate of those who want it? just because it isn't going your way doesn't mean its wrong. there seems to be about a 50/50 split on the board and no matter what the UMD fans do, they will be called inconsiderate. realize that your opinion isn't the only on the board that matters and that others, like myself, actually WANT the scores posted on the sioux thread. should they take what pcm says as the absolute rule and abide by whatever you say? i'm sorry you may not get your way this time, but feel free to belittle others to get your way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What other information would you like posted on this board that does not pertain to Sioux hockey? Perhaps someone could post the local forecast or any Santa sightings...how difficult is it just to have a Duluth thread - not real difficult :0

pcm, you call it inconsiderate because it's not what you want? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This isn't about me getting me getting what I want. I have absolutely nothing to do with how this board is run. I can't control anything that anyone does here. All I can do is state my opinion, just as you're doing now and others have done.

pcm, you call it inconsiderate because it's not what you want?  there are those on the board, myself included who would much rather have it posted in the sioux score thread than on a separate thread.  by posting it on the sioux threads, aren't the UMD fans then being considerate of those who want it?  just because it isn't going your way doesn't mean its wrong.  there seems to be about a 50/50 split on the board and no matter what the UMD fans do, they will be called inconsiderate.  realize that your opinion isn't the only on the board that matters and that others, like myself, actually WANT the scores posted on the sioux thread.  should they take what pcm says as the absolute rule and abide by whatever you say?  i'm sorry you may not get your way this time, but feel free to belittle others to get your way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am putting my hat in the ring and saying I agree with the above statement.

Who cares where a score is posted. As far as I am concerned Jim is the owner/moderator of this site and what he says goes and thats all that really matters, PCM is just like anyone else a regular poster.

PCM is just like anyone else a regular poster.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said I was anything else or pretended to be anything else. But apparently when I express an opinion, some people get their panties in a bunch because they think I have some authority to tell them what to do. I don't.

However, I'm not going to stop expressing my opinion just because some of you don't like what I have to say. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I wasn't the person who brought up the issue of off-topic posts by Duluth fans, and I wasn't the only one to agree with the poster who who did.

And whether you like it or not, there is such a thing as "netiquette." Ever since Al Gore invented the Internet, it's been considered rude and inconsiderate to invade threads with off-topic posts.