SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS tigers (SATURDAY)

iluvdebbies

I like McDavid's 5x5 for 10 notion.

If you're going to keep playing a different game (3x3) and then another different game (shootout), devalue them in comparison to a regulation win.

Go to a "5 point" systems (scroll down):
5 – Win in regulation time
4 – Win in overtime
3 – Win in a shootout
2 – Lose a shootout
1 – Lose in overtime
0 – Lose in regulation time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you're going to keep playing a different game (3x3) and then another different game (shootout), devalue them in comparison to a regulation win.

4 – Win in overtime
3 – Win in a shootout
2 – Lose a shootout
1 – Lose in overtime

love that above scoring....easy to follow and makes sense

4 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

3x3 for ten minutes. Winner gets three points. Loser gets one, and a tie is zero. Giving teams points for tying doesn’t make any sense. Reward the winner, and give the other team a consolation. Can’t be having Miami finish the year with zero points…

4x4 for 10 minutes. If no winner, then it goes down as a tie. Go back to the 2 points per game system. And no more abominable shootouts!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

3x3 for ten minutes. Winner gets three points. Loser gets one, and a tie is zero. Giving teams points for tying doesn’t make any sense. Reward the winner, and give the other team a consolation. Can’t be having Miami finish the year with zero points…

Let's go back to 5x5, 10 minutes.

Win=2 pts

Tie=1 point each (if the favorite has to win by playing a pick up game then they don't deserve it)

Loss=0 points.

I don't know why it changed from 2 pts for a win to 3, but it's just stupid. The NHL was this way for DECADES. Why the change? Who the heck knows...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

4 – Win in overtime
3 – Win in a shootout
2 – Lose a shootout
1 – Lose in overtime

You should propose this to the NCHC Commish. I don’t see it getting approved. I would rather line to see a 10 minute 3-on-3 OT and kill the shootout. Maybe keep a win in OT a 3 pointer, and in a point for a  OT loss. 

21 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I just realize what I said, doesn’t make any sense. I’ll see myself out…

On 2/28/2023 at 10:25 AM, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I just realize what I said, doesn’t make any sense. I’ll see myself out…

How about this! Foosball rules! The linesman throws the puck in from the timekeepers bench. Each team has 3 forwards, 5 ‘middies’, 2 defensemen and a goalie. The players CAN’T move!!! If the puck enters a dead zone that no one can reach, they throw in another puck! After 5 pucks, if no one scores, the move on to a spelling bee. If it’s still a tie, we go to beer pong to decide the winner!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

How about this! Foosball rules! The linesman throws the puck in from the timekeepers bench. Each team has 3 forwards, 5 ‘middies’, 2 defensemen and a goalie. The players CAN’T move!!! If the puck enters a dead zone that no one can reach, they throw in another puck! After 5 pucks, if no one scores, the move on to a spelling bee. If it’s still a tie, we go to beer pong to decide the winner!

Can UND wear their NODAK sweaters?  Asking for a Mafiaman.;)