SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS DULUTH GAME THREAD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So parise got the win and lammy the loss. Maybe the coaches switched them to see if lammy was really better or it was just that he always played on Fri, when the rest of the boys were better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that is kind of an interesting statistic. When we are playing a solid opponent, it seems as though we can't put two games together. For a team that is shooting for a split against UND can simply roll over on Friday and come hard on Saturday and get a decent shot.

So parise got the win and lammy the loss. Maybe the coaches switched them to see if lammy was really better or it was just that he always played on Fri, when the rest of the boys were better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May have to get back to the Bina/Radke rotation. Bina had a tough night defensively tonight, after playing well last night.

Alright I'm as pissed as everyone else. What the heck!??? I really think the officiating was what took it to us, I really feel like we played well.

To come back and keep tying it like that is impressive. I do think that Jones and Greene need to take a step back and look at their leadership roles.

I think the Stafford/Zajac/Murray line played really well, and I was impressed with them as always. I'm glad to see Stafford finall decided to pass the puck!

CLEARLY the star of the game was Purps!!! NICE JOB! He was on fire and really looks good out there.

I would have rather lost in overtime, than lost with 30 some seconds left.

All in all I'm proud of our boys and I'm hoping that UW loses......

go back to where you came from and dont come onto our boards!!!! Just dont! thanks dude! there really must not be much for you to do in your state of hockey so instead of sounding really immature on our boards why don't you go rally with your other friends on your own....cause i think we're all about fed up with you! oh ya and did you guys barely win in overtime against st. cloud because i think we used the BROOM on them a few weekends ago! so shut it!

I've never heard so much whining from you guys before. Give the Dogs a little credit here. I don't know what the official penalty stats were for the game, but it seems to me like the Dogs were in the box more often than the Sioux...just as they were last night. You are in second place in the league and in no position to be too disappointed about a road split. I know it was aginst a team that was 2-10-1 in their last 13 games, but the Dogs deserve the credit for coming back after last nights thumping and grinding out a win.

Duluth--10 penalties, 20 minutes, 7 power plays

UND--8 penalties, 16 minutes, 9 power plays

1st period-- UMD 6 penalties, UND 4

2nd per-- UMD 3 penalties, UND 2

3rd per-- UMD 1 penalty, UND 2

I don't exactly call that getting hosed. ??? Give credit where credit is due...and I don't mean the officials.

Prpich scores a nice goal, gets blasted to the ice by a Bulldog well after the whistle and there's no call. I thought hitting after the whistle was a penalty. Guess not.

With the Sioux on the powerplay late in the third period, Murray gets blasted into the boards with the Duluth player applying the elbow to Brady's head for good measure. Anderson stands and watches the whole thing. Not only is there no call to put the Sioux 5-on-3, but play stops with the puck loose in front of the net because Murray has his helmet ripped off, thanks to the Bulldog's attempted decapitation. I thought the NCAA said it was going to crack down on hits to the head. Guess not.

Stafford scores on the power play. As Prpich celebrates, Reichmuth slashes him in the legs and another Duluth player blasts him and knocks him to the ice. Apparently slashing, hitting after the whistle, roughing and unsportsmanlike conduct are no longer penalties.

Now, before anyone attacks me for criticizing the officiating, I will say that with the exception of the 5-on-3 power play goal UND gave up, the other three were the result of sloppy team defense. In addition, when the Sioux could have stuck a dagger into UMD's heart by captializing on their power plays, they didn't. The Sioux have nobody by themselves to blame for losing this game.

That being said, the inconsistency in the officiating is simply mind-boggling. I won't say that Anderson was wrong to give UMD a 2-minute, 5-on-3 power play late in the third period of a tie game. I thought the calls on Greene and Jones were borderline, but they were made. So be it. The Sioux paid the price.

However, when the puck goes down to the other end of the rink after UMD scores on the 5-on-3 and Anderson simply ignores two flagrant penalites (one potentially career-ending) that could have changed the course of the game, I have to ask: What the heck is going on? There's simply no consistency, and I'm sick of it.

Edited by PCM

You know what they say....it's hard to beat a team 7 straight times....

Hey, I'm happy to see the team kept battling back. I didn't get to listen to the most of the last 2 periods so don't know how the team played, but I like that we didn't turtle. That says something.

Have to give Duluth credit. They were at home, and they were desperate, and they were embarrassed from last night. This is a team that went far into the NCAA's last year. Having a tough year so far but they are not as bad as their record says right now.

I'll take the positives and look forward to the next half of the season. I think the Sioux are making progress.

I'll take the positives and look forward to the next half of the season.  I think the Sioux are making progress.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After listening to the first period on the radio and watching the last two periods on TV, I can't be that positive. I guess I don't see the progress that you see.

The wheels are not falling off the wagon, gents. This was a hard fought game, and one that Duluth desperately needed to win. 9-6-1 is by no means the end of the world. In fact, it's pretty damn good considering the competition. Plenty more games to come.

I'm impressed with the way the team is coming together. I think they showed some mental toughness tying it late in the game. But, Sandy's boys are not what their record is, and they weren't going to be denied. Congrats to them.

As for the little Goofer cheerleader who's up late using Daddy's laptop to troll the Sioux faithful. You haven't won another banner yet, muffinhead. Your cushion schedule just may bite you in the buttocks come February. So, cue up one more Ashlee Simpson mp3 you stole from Kazaa and then it's off to bed, sweetie. Sleep well, knowing that North Dakota talent is keeping your otherwise mediocre program in the hunt.

taz