SiouxSports.com Forum

Point outcome for Sioux at Duluth

01grad

How many points will the Sioux pick up this weekend?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will the Sioux pick up this weekend?

• 4 points
    • 3 points
    • 2 points
    • 0 points

Just for fun, let's see if anybody can guess the exact scores for the weekend!

Let's show Virg Foss how it is done!

Friday

Sioux win 3-2

Saturday

Tie 2-2

(I hope this isn't correct though, as this will be the only game I go to. I actually was thinking loss but just couldn't put it down)

We can revisit these after the weekend to find winners. Diggler will be responsible for sending you a prize.

Friday

Dogs 1,000,000 North Dakota 0

Saturday

Dogs 999.999 North Dakota 1

Ok I'm just kidding.

I have to think about this for a minute.

If you start anyone but Phil, then I am pretty certain the 'Dogs will win. I think you guys are in agreement with me here. I have no worries about our goaltenders. They are both outstanding, so it doesn't matter who starts for us.

Assuming Phil is in the net both nights,

Friday:

'Dogs 3-1

Saturday:

tie 3-3

I think after the way we played in Wisconsin, we can do this. I mean, if we really tried, we could sweep. If Phil doesn't play both nights, we have a really good chance of sweeping.

If UND wins 4-2 friday night. I predict they will lose on Saturday. If you look at box scores for Fridays you'll see that 4-2 isn't a good score for us.

Just a thought. I'm thinking split, but maybe we can score a few?

4-0 UND on Friday

3-1 UMD on Saturday

I'm being anti-Virg Foss and picking disparity. Not that I actually think those scores will stand up.

I agree, Goon. I think Duluth is going to be all stirred up. Seems like they gave sconnie a battle last weekend and probably feel like they are coming on. The first have of the year has not met their expectations. They have 2 home series going into Christmas with the Sioux and the Pioneers next weekend. Think they don't want to feel good over break?

With the issues that showed up last Saturday night, I'm concerned about this weekend.

We better be ready.

Frankly, I'm concerned about every weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point!

Off topic: I also agree with cfm that there are some similarties to '97 - good defense, solid goaltending, but the big difference is the '97 team could put the puck in the net. That team scored 190 goals in 43 games, which averages to 4.42 goals a game. They had All-American, Hobey-type players in Jason Blake and David Hoogsteen who were capable of providing instant offense - that is something this year's squad doesn't seem to have and if he does it best show up soon.

They also had a couple of d-man that knew how to score in Curtis Murphy (century club) and Brad Williamson (99 career points) - other than MJ and NF to some extent the last couple of weekends, the defensive scoring on this year's team has been MIA.

I am going to join in cfm's optimism though and continue to hope for the same result as '97!

FRI- UND 4 UMD 3

SAT-UND 3 UMD 2

PHIL in nets both nights for this to happen..

JAKE in for 1 game :lol: , is he even practicing?:silly:??

A split is the realistic possibility but you never know in the WCHA................GO SIOUX................

running

I really hope UMD can sweep...but I am realistically looking at a split

Seeinng UMD lose too many games this year is getting frustrating :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you 100%. I think everyone here is being pretty realistic, I think if it was a blowout either way, we would all be shocked.

The things is, it won't be a blow out. Not with the kind of goaltending on both sides.

Dagies is totally right, I saw the Saturday night game in Wisconsin and the 'Dogs looked good, they weren't playing the kind of garbage game they usually play. And Goon, I know the Sioux have run over the 'Dogs like a freight train in recent years, but I don't think that's going to happen.

The 'Dogs are rabid for a win. I'm looking for both teams to be in the box a lot, and if the 'Dogs can't convert on a PP then I don't see us winning.