SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-3) vs Wisconsin Stout (2-3) 11/22 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

17 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yes. I think he could take Nero minutes away. I also always love what I see from Grant. Doesn’t provide any scoring himself really but adds a lot of vision to the court. 

Levias could definitely take Nero’s minutes. He provides another capable shooter. And Grant should not play. Let the leash loose from Trent and have him run the point majority of game. 

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Levias could definitely take Nero’s minutes. He provides another capable shooter. And Grant should not play. Let the leash loose from Trent and have him run the point majority of game. 

I’m not saying Grant should play major minutes but I do think he should have more minutes than Nero. If that’s him having 1 min and Nero 0 that’s fine or both 0 that’s okay too. 

27 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m not saying Grant should play major minutes but I do think he should have more minutes than Nero. If that’s him having 1 min and Nero 0 that’s fine or both 0 that’s okay too. 

Yes totally! I agree with that. I liked what I saw from Levias tonight. I think he could give us some minutes. Omot and Treysen are the future though. We need to give them as many minutes and as many looks as we can. And then we need to keep them at the end of the year. They are 2 guys that they need to start building off of in years to come. 

• Upvote 1

Whoops, my bad.

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Who are non scholly?

Assumed Hong was.. So I was surprised when Randall said he was redshirting!?!?!

Awesome to see the crowd chanting.."we want to Hong!!"

Fun game.. Decent crowd

Believe him and Nicholson are the non-scholarship players. 

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Brady

Absolutely. Brady is a 10-12 minutes a game guy. Not a 20+ minutes a game guy like Sather is doing. Why is Brady getting more minutes than Treysen off the bench? Only plays 3 less minutes than Omot? That's Sathers guy though and no matter what he is going to play him as much as he can. 

48 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Absolutely. Brady is a 10-12 minutes a game guy. Not a 20+ minutes a game guy like Sather is doing. Why is Brady getting more minutes than Treysen off the bench? Only plays 3 less minutes than Omot? That's Sathers guy though and no matter what he is going to play him as much as he can. 

I'm taking the minutes played last night as a grain of salt.  I saw this as more of:  They know they were going to win, lets have the 2nd unit out there to close the game and rest the starters. 

And they did exactly that. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm taking the minutes played last night as a grain of salt.  I saw this as more of:  They know they were going to win, lets have the 2nd unit out there to close the game and rest the starters. 

And they did exactly that. 

That's true! 

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Where has he been then?

I'm sure the story will come out at some point this year. It's not going to come from me as it is something that we all would like to think we would do.

it's for a good reason. No worries on where he's been.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Yeah it is interesting that they would redshirt him. They must feel like he could play in the years to come. 

I would think you would always want to redshirt non-schollies. They could eventually earn a scholarship. There best years aren’t going to be year 1 out of high school.